Welcome to PatsFans.com

Paris Hilton

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Real World, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +371 / 4 / -2

Not that this deserves its own thread, but I never want to hear criticism of FOX alone, for dumbifying it's news broadcasts with Paris Hilton. EVERY channel had Paris, after Paris, after Paris, etc....talk last night. Larry fricken King was doing Paris (ew) last night. What is it with all the Paris Hilton talk? WHO CARES? :mad:
  2. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I agree, RW. Networks need to get back to Anna Nicole even if she is dead.
  3. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +644 / 5 / -14

#61 Jersey

It's not Paris herself that needs to be discussed, it's what she represents and how/why popular culture embraces such an idiocy. When Hilton thanked her fans for helping her through this tough time, it made me want to puke. "Fans"? Why would this nobody who has done nothing aside from look pretty and party have "fans"?
  4. Real World

Ratings:
    +371 / 4 / -2

I've been thinking about this, and have been trying to figure out why all 3 cable news networks have been on a Paris'athon for the last week or so. The only logical conclusion I've come to, is that Fox must have done well, ratings wise, when it went on an Anna'athon a few months ago. I'm guessing that this crap sells, which wouldn't surprise me since I've been of the mind that 30-40% of the public is stupid. :D
  5. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Fox has been doing well in the ratings since it came on as I recall.
    Bill O'Reilly did very well in the ratings dept. Though it has dipped some lately.
    Of course this stuff sells. Goes to show how shallow our general population is. Oh yeah, and they have a vote, too. Doesn't that make you feel
    warm and fuzzy.
    As far as the percentage of stupidity goes...well lets just say I think you're being far too kind.
    Even knowing that many would consider me a part of that percentage. I digress or is that digest or is it ingest. sigh.
  6. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +488 / 2 / -9

It's only Sore Losing Liberals that bash Fox for Paris Hilton, every other news outlet all over the country has been all over it since it started.
    :bricks:
  8. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +58 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

And On The Third Day Paris Found God. AND It Was Not Good. Because Thou Hast Cheaponed Thy Name (GOD) By Utterance and Association. And in general trying to fool the lowest common denominator by the shamless act of pretending to find God and see the light.And possibly get her sentance reduced with this fake contrition, to wit go PARTYING again sooner than later.
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2007
  9. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +161 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

The news networks, all of them, dwell on these type of stories because of one reason - ratings. If people would turn then off when they get on it, they would have a 30 second blurb and that would be it.

It's easy to blame the news networks but if more people didin't tune in, they would go on to something else.
  10. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +58 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

You only see this type of celebrity gossip trash on the 24 hour cable networks, on the old networks abc,cbs, nbc it's very limited and always has been. CNN has literaly morphed into something that alot of times resembles the E channel. In the last few year's It's getting harder to find a channel devoted to new's.The BBC isn't bad,it hasn't reached the level of the cable new's channels yet.
  11. Real World

Ratings:
    +371 / 4 / -2

Most men probably won't change the channel when this is on. Especially if their wives are holding the remote control. :D

[​IMG]
  12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +488 / 2 / -9

Thank The Lord Thy Jesus H Christ God Amighty That Thou Hast Joined The Forum, Praise God.

GOD IS GREAT
    DEATH TO AMERICA.
  13. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +58 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Why thank yee,O Harry One.Praise the Lord,and pass the keyboard.
  14. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +239 / 8 / -26

Paris, Anna Nicole, Brittany et all feed in to some unmet fantasy and it is paid closely to by some demographic who they want to appeal to. OTOH for some folks they are just fascinated with the lives of the rich and famous.. next time you are in the checkout line at the supermarket check out the tabloids.. guess who they appeal to? Fox puts it on to bring in a certain demographic who they do not usually reach, CNN and all the rest do the same. This isn't done by chance is it part of a very high stakes game that has to do with the ratings.

My theory is all of this diverts us from the order of the day, it is a great diversion from the real news.
  15. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +488 / 2 / -9

America has been dumbed down, Hollywood has had much to do with it, the anything goes society has had much to do with it, suck and f-ck prevails.

America now runs on the Hilton/Smith sh!t, it isn't the people that show it, it's the people that watch it, the media now gives the dumbed down a$s hoels what they want, "senseless sh!t".

American adults now go to the movies on a Saturday night and pay 10 or 15 dollars apiece to watch a
    f-ckling cartoon. (shrek)

This is America------------> :bricks:
  16. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +58 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

I'm sad to say yessssssssss!
  17. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

well, it is rather documented by the Project for Excellent in Journalism that Fox Noise commits more coverage to Paris and Anne Nicole than any other news network... it's also documented that Fox Noise commits the least coverage to the Iraq War...

[​IMG]

so, while all networks should be ashamed of themselves, Fox stands head and shoulders above the rest for distraction and noise from the real issues of the day...

further, i doubt any of the other networks were actually sympathetic to Paris' plight quite the way Fox Noise was here:

Fox News: Paris Hilton’s Jail Time ‘Sounds Like Abu Ghraib’

Paris Hilton headed to the Los Angeles County jail yesterday to begin her 4523-day prison sentence. While there, she will be allowed outside her cell “for an hour each day to shower, watch television in the day room, participate in outdoor recreation or talk on the telephone.”

Today on Fox News’s morning show Fox and Friends, the hosts noted that Hilton will not be allowed to speak on her cell phone while in jail. Guest host Greg Kelly then commented, “It sounds like Abu Ghraib. C’mon, that’s not cool.” Watch it: ​
  18. Real World

Ratings:
    +371 / 4 / -2

What a hack, do you even have cable? Do you not watch TV at night, or are you too busy watching cartoons? Paris been on CNN, Fox, and MSNBC non-stop. Call a spade a spade. Even Larry King was all over it last night. Sex sells. You'll figure that out when you're old enough. ;)
  19. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

Yeah, all the stations do it, but when it comes to trashy sensationalist news, Fox is #1. At any rate, it's nice you're coming clean with your conservative agenda, first defending pork barrel spending by the military and now defending Fox!
  20. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +488 / 2 / -9

Liberals Have,
    ABC
    NBC
    CBS
    CNN
    PBS

Why can't Conservatives have,
    FOX

This is America not Cuba, China or Chavez Country.

Left Wing Liberals constantly blather on about "freedom of speech" but become extremely upset at the thought of those that don't think like they do trying to exercise their "freedom of speech".

Liberals may not like what Fox does or says but they have the same rights as CBS has, there are millions of people that don't like what CBS does or says, these people don't call for CBS's head, they simply change the channel, Cute Perky Katie's ratings will verify this.

Also, the big reason that the left HATES FOX is knowing the fact that millions upon millions of people all over the world WATCH FOX.
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2007