Welcome to PatsFans.com

Parents of Soldiers Killed in Action Seek $40B From Anti-War Shirt Seller

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, May 2, 2008.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,988 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

Arizona ... must be Mosit's company ... he's a troop hater.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,353583,00.html

PHOENIX — A Tennessee couple who lost their son in Iraq want an Arizona merchant to pay more than $40 billion in damages to survivors of soldiers whose names are on the anti-war shirts he is selling online.
    A complaint seeking class-action status for the lawsuit by Robin and Michael Read says Dan Frazier of Flagstaff has no right to profit from commercial sale of products that use the dead soldiers' names without permission.

2. MosiT

MosiT Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Personally I think that the shirt was in bad taste.

I agree that the war and the occupation are a sham and that it needs to come to an end now before even more Americans are killed, but things like what this shirt person is doing give the anti war movement a black eye.

3. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +49 / 16 / -3

Pretty cut and dry: if he was profiting directly off of the sales of the shirts he's clearly liable, if he didn't profit then this is constitutionally protected free speech which will go to the Supreme Court if Arizona finds against him. Other than the substance of his message it's not even a left v. right issue.

4. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Any reason why you had to begin your thread with an irrelevant personal jab directly at another poster?

Could the "merits" of the post not stand on it's own without you lighting a fire?

Just curious.

5. MosiT

MosiT Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I didn't even notice his uncalled for comment.

I guess, just like the legend, any one of us that would like to see our troops come home alive is a troop hater in the eyes of the war mongers.

Apparently in their eyes dead is better.

Now, who is the troop hater the one who wants to see them come home to their familes and friends alive or the ones who don't care if they come home in
    a body bag as long as they are fulfilling the war mongering of Mister Bush and the rest of them?

No wonder the legend lashed out as often as he did.

Having to stand by and watch innocent American soldiers get killed or injured and all for the lies that were told by Mister Bush and others is enough to drive anyone over the edge.

How any American can not see through the lies and the facade that is being put up by the ones responsible for this carnage, Bush and others, escapes any sort of intelligent reason.

I have read the legend's well written article on The Real Manchurian Candidate, and nothing that I have read elsewhere hits directly at the root cause of the situation that our country is in at the present time.

And yet there are Americans that are blind or refuse to accept the truth. And as the legend said on many occasions, because of their blind ignorance, More and more Americans will die. How sad. How pitiful.

Last edited: May 2, 2008
  6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +815 / 26 / -33

Aren't the wrighties the ones always whining about tort reform, yet they laud this action... this is just another frivolous law suit that has no legs and will only serve to clog up the justice system.. and then there will be the wright wing whine about an activist judge who has to throw it out.. follow with lead stories on Worldnet and Newsmax.. maybe some face or voice time on Rush.

7. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

With each post more and more of the true soul becomes exposed. Why don't you just put "the poster formerly known as NEM, take that Ian you can never ban me!" in your signature and be done with it?

8. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

IIRC from the original dust up, the parents first went to the guy and asked him to take their son's name off because they objected, and he refused. That's what pissed them off enough to sue.

9. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,121 / 3 / -10

If one of my sons names were on this guys sh!tty tee shirts I wouldn't sue him I would have found a way to kill him.

10. MosiT

MosiT Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Did I or did i not say on several occasions that in the absence of the legend I would do my best to emulate him and that I have read his style and would do my best to pick up where he left off and that the only thing that I would not do because I disagreed with it was the foul language even if on occasion it is fully warranted.

You really need to get your paranoia taken care of. Take two aspirins and see your shrink in the morning.

11. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +897 / 7 / -3

I hope the loser has to pay.

12. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,988 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

Reminds me of when you pathetically posted on KFFL as Mrs. NEM and tried to drum up sympathy for yourself. You fool nobody and the sooner they learn how to block your IP the better ... you're a bully in sheep's clothing and you've lost 99% of the support you had here over the years.

Disrespect for Ian is disrespect to the team (forum) ... be a good loser and go away ... do what you do best ... lose.

13. MosiT

MosiT Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I have heard a lot about that Mrs. NEM incident. Tell me more.

And just out of curiosity what do you have against him. What did he ever do to you. Seems to me that there are some people who have something personal against what looks to me to be a guy who is a great Patriot fan and one who loves to get involved in his country's political future.

So tell me what he did to you and are you sure that you know all the facts about him or what happened.

You see, since someone PM'd me his email address the other day and now I have his IM I have been in communication and have learned a lot of stuff that you probably aren't even aware of.

So once again let me ask you. What did he do to you for you to have such an animosity. I doubt that he ever did anything to you.

If you would like I would be more than happy to PM you with exactly what he told me about you.

14. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +897 / 7 / -3

Poor NEM. I still luv ya pal!

15. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Huh. ellishobbs_27 was in constant contact with NEM by IM too. It's so weeeeeeiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrd!

My favorite part is how he can't even keep his stories straight now. He forgets which personality said what to who when.

16. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,988 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

It's amazing that you are such good pals with Mr. America is bad. You're such a great friend you have not posted at all in the lame one's own political forum ... in fact few people do.

Here's the last post in your buddy's PF:
    You're a joke ... always were ... always will be.

http://www.*atsfantalk.com/viewtopic.php?t=2447

17. MosiT

MosiT Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Thanks for telling me. I will have to go over and register there.

You never answered my questions. Seeing as you appear to have a paranoia about him, what has he ever done to you? You seem to be expending a lot of time and energy that could probably be used for better purposes. Do you have some sort of mental handicap? I hope you see that it is fixed.

18. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Everyone's crazy but NEMosi.

19. MosiT

MosiT Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Not me.

I am kind of getting to like that name NEMosi. I am honored that you would equate the legend and myself. I really had never looked at it that way but now I am kind of liking it.

Its a good way of putting two separate entities together that have mostly the same views and opinions.

Kind of like when Mister Baskins met Mister Robbins.

Or when Harley met Davidson.

Or Mister Arm and Mister Hammer . :D

20. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,950 / 35 / -63

No Jersey Selected

Would a T-Shirt vendor even have $40 billion?