Welcome to PatsFans.com

Parents of Children, help me plz.

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by fleabassist1, Nov 20, 2006.

1. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

So my sister has a perscription drug that she refuses to take.
    For the past week, she has faked takeing her pill, and this morning she gave us a lot of trouble when I watched her "take it". I told her to open her mouth and there it was, under her tounge.

It took us an hour to just get her to swallow water that the pill touched, and by the end she still had not swallowed that damn pill.

Any ideas? She is 9 years old, and knows how to swallow a pill, she has done it before.
  2. marty

marty Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Well, you can do what I do to my dogs and just hold her nose and stroke her throat! Seriously, find out why she doesn't want to take the pill. Is it uncomfortable ? Can you crush the pill and add it to her favorite juice etc? Bribing also worked well for me!
  3. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,025 / 8 / -19

#87 Jersey

Guaranteed she swallowed something sticky once that got stuck in her throat. I've talked to several people with that problem. It took me until adulthood to swallow pills easier.

I swallow mine with liquid....pill and liquid at the same time.

I have heard of people using the sore throat spray to numb the soft pallet before swallowing the pill. It's that upper soft pallet in the back that is stubborn subconsciously.

Also...if you research the drug on the internet you may be surprised to find there is a liquid form of the same medicine....hopefully this is true in your case...pharmacies are required by law to get the medicine you need in most states.
  4. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Thanks guys.

It is a hyperactivity medicine. I just wanted to know how to get her to take it for the future when I have my own family, but I will try to take what you said into concideration for my sister.

Thanks!