PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Parcells on the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
kraft is da man....no doubt.....

that said, BB has won zero SB's without the likes of bruschi, law. mcginest, and they were extremely meaningful contributors to the moment.

honestly, people who minimize the achievements of prior people sound spoiled

I'm not minimizing what Parcells did in New England at all.

He was a shot of adrenaline. The franchise needed that very badly at the time.

Per Christopher Price's excellent book, 979 season tickets were purchased within a day of his hiring:

http://books.google.com/books?id=si...q=parcells new england season tickets&f=false

That was very important for the franchise. Good for Parcells.

Less than a year later, within 24 hours of Bob Kraft buying the team, 0ver 6,000 season tickets were purchased:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Kraft

Make no mistake (Don't be A Dan Shaughnessy) the consecutive home sellout streak stretches to the opening day game of 1994 - - - not 1993.

Bruschi, Law and McGinest were on the Patriots teams of 1997, 1998, 1999 and 2000 also.

Those three won no rings with Parcelss. They won no rings with Pete Carroll. They won 3 rings with BB.

Further, if you know anything about the Parcells era, you also know that he wasn't fully in charge of "buying the groceries".

Last edited:
(1.) You don't know what Patricia's role with the defense is in relation to BB or in comparison to Crennel. (2.) The defense has improved with him over previous DC Pees. (3.) It's ridiculous to judge a coach by what you "don't hear" players saying in the media. (4.) Curran was referring to Patricia's communication with the media, not the team.

Yes, it is. Crennel's tenure involved a completely different set of players and a different scheme NINE YEARS AGO. To believe he would swoop in and suddenly make this defense dominant is painfully naive. Coaches fire coordinators all the time. If Patricia was doing a poor job, don't you think BB would replace him?

Circumstantial evidence??? :confused: Your arguments have devolved from ignorant to just stupid.

My argument is not stupid and saying that it is stupid is weak sauce.

I think you're wrong.

I think you can learn a lot about what players say and don't say about coaches.

Don't we all think that Dante is a great offensive line coach? Isn't part of that based on the high praise he gets from players? Yes and yes. When players say NOTHING about a coach, that silence speaks volumes. After all, the Patriots Way is not to trash a coach. Never happens under BB.

As to Romeo, that it was 9 years ago means zippo. He was praised while he was here, and afterward. Same as Weis.

Who said anything about someone making the D dominant? Way to change the discussion. I just think Crennel or another DC would be better. Better is better.

As to what someone else wrote above, Patricia is not a scapegoat for me. The main reason why the Pats lost that game was that the OFFENSE did not execute. Still, I would like to see the Pats improve wherever they can.

yeah......i don't see it that way

BTW, 6000 season ticket were sold becaus they weren't moving to St. Louis.....not because they all had an affinity for bob kraft

I'm not minimizing what Parcells did in New England at all.

He was a shot of adrenaline. The franchise needed that very badly at the time.

Per Christopher Price's excellent book, 979 season tickets were purchased within a day of his hiring:

New England Patriots: The Complete Illustrated History - Christopher Price - Google Books

That was very important for the franchise. Good for Parcells.

Less than a year later, within 24 hours of Bob Kraft buying the team, 0ver 6,000 season tickets were purchased:

Robert Kraft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Make no mistake (Don't be A Dan Shaughnessy) the consecutive home sellout streak stretches to the opening day game of 1994 - - - not 1993.

Bruschi, Law and McGinest were on the Patriots teams of 1997, 1998, 1999 and 2000 also.

Those three won no rings with Parcelss. They won no rings with Pete Carroll. They won 3 rings with BB.

Further, if you know anything about the Parcells era, you also know that he wasn't fully in charge of "buying the groceries".

yeah......i don't see it that way

BTW, 6000 season ticket were sold becaus they weren't moving to St. Louis.....not because they all had an affinity for bob kraft

Yes, those 6,000+ ticket WERE sold in one day because the team was now going to be staying here.

WHO DO YOU THINK MADE THAT HAPPEN??????

Per the rules, I am not calling you stupid. I will say that is, hands down, the stupidest POST written here all year.

Incredible.

Paying the most ever (at the time) for an American sports franchise in order to save it from being moved to another city is evidently, merely a footnote to you.

Congratulations on such a magnificent insight.

Last edited:
coming from you, I'll take that as a compliment......you and a few of the other insanely fanatical nuthugging ballwashers are only capable of seeing things from an extremely narrow spectrum......that does not make you intelligent.

i had season tickets at the time.....I was glad they were staying

Yes, those 6,000+ ticket WERE sold in one day because the team was now going to be staying here.

WHO DO YOU THINK MADE THAT HAPPEN??????

Per the rules, I am not calling you stupid. I will say that is, hands down, the stupidest POST written here all year.

Incredible.

Paying the most ever (at the time) for an American sports franchise in order to save it from being moved to another city is evidently, merely a footnote to you.

Congratulations on such a magnificent insight.

Exactamundo. And since the most prominent homers here routinely use the "spoiled fans" theme as substantive argument and claim to be "better" fans than those who tend to be more critical,

We arent fans of the Cowboys or Bills. We're talking about the MF'n New England Patriots here--the team that has set the gold standard for the last decade

Though I might agree a standard has been set, you dont see spoiled or a little ego in this statement ?

First order of business should be obvious to anyone by now:): bring in one Romeo Crennel. Like, really soon before he sets up shop in N.O.

No No No, look at the sheer massivity of Romeo. Dont you care for his well being as a professional connoisseur, gastronome, and bon vivant ? Damning him to a life of Jonny cakes, baked beens, and grinders is not the answer.
We care not for his amazing 3-4 defensive ability as a SB winning DC in which he provided a consistand top 1-4 ranked defense, and excelent insight in player evaluation at the LB and DB positions, no no. We know little about those intricate thingys. We only want him happy.
..and If you Truely love Romeo Crennel, you will let him go to his Disney World of Dinning that is NO.

Thank you, and good night…and God Bless America

View attachment 4996

Though I might agree a standard has been set, you dont see spoiled or a little ego in this statement ?

No No No, look at the sheer massivity of Romeo. Dont you care for his well being as a professional connoisseur, gastronome, and bon vivant ? Damning him to a life of Jonny cakes, baked beens, and grinders is not the answer.
We care not for his amazing 3-4 defensive ability as a SB winning DC in which he provided a consistand top 1-4 ranked defense, and excelent insight in player evaluation at the LB and DB positions, no no. We know little about those intricate thingys. We only want him happy.
..and If you Truely love Romeo Crennel, you will let him go to his Disney World of Dinning that is NO.

Thank you, and good night…and God Bless America

View attachment 4996

Be careful what you wish for. Crennel has done zip since leaving New England.

Be careful what you wish for. Crennel has done zip since leaving New England.

Yeah, he could be another Sprags, that has lost his ability to be a great DC, because being HC has removed him from the position for so many years. Its a valid concern.
Im just hoping he had something to do with that KC defense. He is one of the best known 3-4 DC on the table, and has transition experience from when he changed NE to a 3-4.
The only thing I am confident of is that who ever we pick for defense, player or DC, will probably not work out,lol.
If I were a HC of another team, I would wait until NO picks FA's and Coaches for defense 1st, to reducing the chance that I accidentally pick a bunch of over paid duds.

Yeah, he could be another Sprags, that has lost his ability to be a great DC, because being HC has removed him from the position for so many years. Its a valid concern.
Im just hoping he had something to do with that KC defense. He is one of the best known 3-4 DC on the table, and has transition experience from when he changed NE to a 3-4.
The only thing I am confident of is that who ever we pick for defense, player or DC, will probably not work out,lol.
If I were a HC of another team, I would wait until NO picks FA's and Coaches for defense 1st, to reducing the chance that I accidentally pick a over paid duds.

Actually, Mangini might be worth a look for DC.

Actually, Mangini might be worth a look for DC.

Would Michael re-hire Fredo? :eek:

Were Mangini to come here and the Pats win another ring with him as DC, assuming the losing team scored under 40 points, his rep would be re-habbed and he'd get multiple offers as HC

Would Michael re-hire Fredo? :eek:

Were Mangini to come here and the Pats win another ring with him as DC, assuming the losing team scored under 40 points, his rep would be re-habbed and he'd get multiple offers as HC

I was referring to Mangini as DC for the Saints, not here (God forbid).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back