PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Parcells is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEGoldenAge

Banned
Reaction score
I've finally figured it out. Parcells is a teamizer. That's right, a teamizer. Once he gets a team to go all they way, he leaves. In the case of a tease (like the Pats), he won't even stay the night. I wonder if he'll ever change his ways and settle down with just one team. He's a dog, not a tuna.

EDIT: I couldn't post the "No Sh*t Sherlock" pic because the S word is bleeped out.

And let me remind you that Parcells hasn't won the big one without BB. He'll get a team back into contention and then leave.

Last edited:
Parcels reminds me of the Yankee Coach that used to get fired every two years and rehired a year later. Martin was a mean, needling,competitive, SOB. He made people angry and got them to play over their heads to spite him. He did it like Parcels with his constant prodding and needling.

Obviously, it helps he was a good coach too. But the style just doesn't wear well. Pretty soon the guys just tune you out. Then its time to leave, BEFORE you get canned. :bricks:

Teamizer or not, success follows the man. To say he is a dog is just plain stupid. Give some credit to the man who atleast began to put the Patriots on the right path.

Short memories.

He's an entrepreneur, not a manager. Of course he can do both, but BB's the better manager of the two.

Teamizer or not, success follows the man. To say he is a dog is just plain stupid. Give some credit to the man who atleast began to put the Patriots on the right path.

Short memories.

Chill bro, I was only funnin. Parcells can turn an organization around like no coach ever. Whether you or I give him credit or not, he is a great football leader. I was just commenting on how once he achieves success with a team, he leaves... much like a "dog" or "womanizer" does. It's not a shot at all. He seems to like the head ca...um, I mean, projects.

The thing is, I was kinda serious when I said "I wonder if he'll ever change his ways and settle down with just one team.". I think Detroit is his ultimate challenge, and a perfect match for Parcells (plus, it gets him out of our division). Imagine seeing him settle down there ;)

All that aside, I got over his boneheadedness (is that a word?) of 1996 a long time aog, and even whilst I was pissed, I had never questioned his ability. I just thought it would be a funny comparison to call him a teamizer, although in hindsight, I think franchisizer has more of a ring to it.

Last edited:
whatever anyone can say about the man...one can't argue that history speaks for itself...the man wins wherever he goes...if someone can take a mediocre team to the playoffs then he's a winner in my book...

winning in playoffs and the super bowl is more about who's the hottest team and a little luck going in...i honestly haven't seen a dominant team winning the championship handily since what...the 85 bears?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes