PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Parcells Considering Dolphins' Revised (Better?) Offer, Turns Down Falcons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Parcells will instantly make the team worth more, and even more by the end of February after all the staff is in place. I would expect that his status after any sale will be an important part of the agreement.

Ginn is hardly a bust. If he were drafted in the 3rd round, he'd be considered a rising star. They just drafted him early. The same is probably true for Beck.
To me, they got a 2nd and 3rd rounder in the 1st and 2nd. That's not terrible if they turn out to be contributers. Of course, for years beck will be compared to Quinn.

Hyperbole aside, I agree that Ginn was simply picked too early but remember in this case 'early' was a TOP TEN pick. That's egregious. What I don't agree is that Beck is anything but a bust as an NFL QB. Kid assumes the foetal position so quickly that Tony Eason must be his father.

Last edited:
Huizenga is trying to increase the value of his team before selling it. Hiring Parcells as GM, given the Tuna's impressive track record at reviving moribund franchises, would accomplish that.

If Parcells takes over the 'Phins, IMO he will draft BC QB Matt Ryan at #1 overall, despite the fact Randy Mueller took Beck last year in rd 2. The reason I say that is IMO Parcells would not come back to manage a franchise with a top 3 pick like Miami or Atlanta unless he had targeted a franchise changing player he could acquire in the draft. That player would likely be a Qb.

Why would Tuna sign on with a team about to be sold, not even knowing who his employer would be? Keep in mind that he's not getting any younger. I don't see him making any team into a powerhouse from the GM's chair. He's not proven himself in that role, although he does have connections in the league.

Last edited:
Why would Tuna sign on with a team about to be sold, not even knowing who his employer would be?
This is exactly what he wants. Remember, he can reap the benefits with a large, short-term contract now, and either get a staying or leaving bonus when the new ownership is in place. This gives this gypsy the ultimate flexibility and maximizes his pay day. On top of that, he's got a built-in exit plan should he not like the new owners.

Guess we can forget about Jason Taylor. :mad:

Yup, Parcells has an agreement with the Dolphins, and I doubt he'd ever allow Jason Taylor to make his way over to NE, so we can all forget about that.

The level of comp should improve over the next couple of years as well. Look at Parcells track record, every team he's taken over has at least improved, and they've all at least made the playoffs within a few years.

Last edited:
if this deal pulls through.... BB-mangina-tuna... in the same conference?... espn will be milking this drama all season long....

if this deal pulls through.... BB-mangina-tuna... in the same conference?... espn will be milking this drama all season long....
But how long for Mangini????? He needs to turn his team around in the next season or he's history.

Look at Parcells track record, every team he's taken over has at least improved, and they've all at least made the playoffs within a few years.
He's always been the HC too, though. This role is unchartered territory for him regarding success.

Might as well rename the AFC East the Parcells Division (3 generations and counting!)

Why would Tuna sign on with a team about to be sold, not even knowing who his employer would be? Keep in mind that he's not getting any younger. I don't see him making any team into a powerhouse from the GM's chair. He's not proven himself in that role, although he does have connections in the league.

Probably because the team "is not about to be sold". Huzienga clarified that he may entertain offers soon, but is still hoping for success with the doofins.....IF parcells agrees to come on board......Wayne will not be selling in the immediate future......

Probably because the team "is not about to be sold". Huzienga clarified that he may entertain offers soon, but is still hoping for success with the doofins.....IF parcells agrees to come on board......Wayne will not be selling in the immediate future......

ESPN first take this morning confirmed he is looking to sell... But who really knows what is going through Huzienga's mind.. Now with Parcells coming on board, I don't see him selling..

This is exactly what he wants. Remember, he can reap the benefits with a large, short-term contract now, and either get a staying or leaving bonus when the new ownership is in place. This gives this gypsy the ultimate flexibility and maximizes his pay day. On top of that, he's got a built-in exit plan should he not like the new owners.

Now I do agree with the term "gypsy" (and forked tongue jacka$s) when referring to the fat tuna......The guy is a liar and a traitor.....we lost the 96 SB to the Packa's because Tuna was too busy talking to his agent on the cell phone in negotiations for his "middle of the night exodus" out of NE....to coach the f'in game properly. To say I HATE Parcells....is an UNDERSTATEMENT......He is the biggest lying, self serving pile of dogsh## that ever lived!!!

He will fail in miami....just as he has in everywhere except with the gints....what was it.....21 yrs ago?........and when things don't go his way....he will pack his bags and sneak out in the middle of the night.....scumbag!

A thought just popped in my head.. Now that Parcells looks like he is going to Miami.. What are the chances he nudges his son in law to come down and become the GM?

He's always been the HC too, though. This role is unchartered territory for him regarding success.

Good point. It will be interesting to see what happens with the coaching staff and players. I think fans down there might feel better about their team if he was coaching.

WTF....this morning it was the Falcons, now it's the Dolphins. Parcells is like a walking headline generator. And my guess is he loves every second of it.

I can't believe I'm actually feeling bad for billionare but imo, what Parcells did was dispicable. He only used Blank's bad position just to leverage his position to get more money out of Fishes. I mean Blank has his share of blame for being in this mess but someone to just blantly take advantage of other's misfortune and humiliate the guy. I didn't like Parcells before but my respect for the guy just dissapeared all together.

Good point. It will be interesting to see what happens with the coaching staff and players. I think fans down there might feel better about their team if he was coaching.

Didn't Parcells run the Jets front office in 2000 while Al Groh coached the team to a 9-7 record? He was the one who selected Pennington, Abraham, Ellis and Becht in the 1st rd.

I can't believe I'm actually feeling bad for billionare but imo, what Parcells did was dispicable. He only used Blank's bad position just to leverage his position to get more money out of Fishes. I mean Blank has his share of blame for being in this mess but someone to just blantly take advantage of other's misfortune and humiliate the guy. I didn't like Parcells before but my respect for the guy just dissapeared all together.

You must despise 'successfull' people. Playing one against the other then droping the others and taking the inflated best offer is one proven recipie for success. Parcells' career is a prime example.

P,S. Parcells is a lousy human being but will turn around the lphins

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back