PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Parcells can't win without Belichick who can't win without Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
a major flaw in your theory, or ridiculing, whatever.....that Belichick cant win without Brady. He won a playoff game with Cleveland, over Parcells, without Tom Brady. And he is possibly going to win another this year ( hey if you can claim a playoff spot for Miami this year that hasnt happened......)

thats one more playoff win than Parcells ever had without Belichick

And again, Belichick has gotten to a Super Bowl without Crennel, Parcells hasn't won one playoff game without BB.

My mistake. Of course I want us to make it

In my mind, all three teams have playoff records, but only one or two will make it. That doesn't diminish, in my mind, Parcells unparalleled record of turning around teams. That's "winning". At least it is to the people that pay him a lot of money to do it.

What I'm arguing against is the absurdity of taking something that already happened and weaving some sort of "theory" by lining up some facts and ignoring others.

Its like saying Hitlers mustache caused World war II. Since he had the mustache all during WWII, but not at other times, I say it caused the war and you have to disprove it.

To do that, I have to go back in time, shave the mustache and rerun WWII. I hope Parcells never wins another playoff game and that Hitler doesn't come back from the dead.

So I am forced to shave the mustache.

With the evidence available, I think its fair to assume Parcells could have won at least the 1987 Super Bowl.

They scored 39 points in the Super Bowl. They scored 49 points in their first playoff game and 55 points in the last regular season game. Parcells was coach of the year, Simms was MVP and Lawrence Taylor won about a dozen awards.

I don't know who Parcells would have had at DC, but he had Crennell on staff.

For the argument to hold up, one would have to say Parcells would have lost without Belichick that year. I'm not inventing anything, since it not only happened, but Parcells won Coach of the Year.

The only alternative is to say they are both great football men and we can't change the past and say "what if"?

Last edited:
its amazing how the pats pick two 6th and 7th round draft picks and they are borh amazing and you look at some teams who get 1st round QBs do terrible (the QBs the teams are already most likely bad)

People underestimate how important coaching is at the pro level. Bad coaching and a bad situation can derail a promising career pretty quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back