PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Parcells, Belichick Sharing Ideas, Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

Virtual Internet Person
Reaction score
Two longtime football coaches were talking this summer about the way things used to be, back when they worked together and really pushed their players.

They lamented how much more coddling is done these days, especially in training camp. So they decided to do something about it. One said he was going back to the old way; the other said he'd do the same.
That might not seem like a remarkable tale, except that the conversation was between Bill Parcells and Bill Belichick. And it was one of what's becoming a routine series of calls between them.
More ... http://sports.excite.com/news/08292006/v5339.html

Fascinating... and it can only help both teams, I reckon.

Now THAT is a really interesting article. Thanks for posting!

Good article. Here's the cut I like:

"Hey, he's a guy I think a lot of," Parcells said Tuesday. "It's a good sounding board, that's all. I'm probably using him right now more than he's using me."
----

I guess the "border war" is really finally over.

Last edited:
Mike the Brit said:
And only one of these coaches gives a media interview about it. Which one? Do you think you can guess? :)
That's definitely in character, isn't it? :)

It's funny for all the enemies I thought Belichick has, it seems he buries the hatchet better than anyone (Parcells, Lawyer Milloy, Ty Law, Bernie Kosar). The sign of an truly intelligent human being.

Has BB made up with Lawyer? That would make me happy.

What a find, Promised !
Thanks for posting.

Has BB buried the hatchet with Tom Jackson yet?

PatsFanDan said:
Has BB buried the hatchet IN Tom Jackson yet?

Revised question.

Mike the Brit said:
Has BB made up with Lawyer? That would make me happy.

In one of Mike Reiss' mailbags, he stated that he watches post-game handshakes every time, saying its a great indicator of who Belichick really respects.
After the Atlanta preseason game, he said that BB went to Lawyer and shook his hand. He also said Lawyer seemed happy to see and talk with Bill. A nice story to hear, as I really respected what Lawyer brought to this franchise, especially during the Pete Carroll years.

Interesting piece and I'm kind of glad to hear it since each clearly owes a lot to the other. Doubt they'd be talking if they were in the same Division or even the same Conference tho.

PatsFanDan said:
Has BB buried the hatchet with Tom Jackson yet?

Hope not. That is still the lowest, most ill-informed, unfair and idiotic set of comments I've heard from one of the NFL's pre-game "talking heads" (and, that's saying a lot given some of the time-filler drivel we have to listen to before we get to the game).

PatsFanSince74 said:
Hope not. That is still the lowest, most ill-informed, unfair and idiotic set of comments I've heard from one of the NFL's pre-game "talking heads" (and, that's saying a lot given some of the time-filler drivel we have to listen to before we get to the game).

Its funny even though Tom Jackson made those ridiculous commnets, I still find him to be in the upper-echelon of television football analysts, especially among ex-players. His points are clear and I seem to agree with most of his observations on the NFL. He's much better than Irvin, Marino, Steve Young and many, many more.

Ichiro said:
In one of Mike Reiss' mailbags, he stated that he watches post-game handshakes every time, saying its a great indicator of who Belichick really respects.
After the Atlanta preseason game, he said that BB went to Lawyer and shook his hand. He also said Lawyer seemed happy to see and talk with Bill. A nice story to hear, as I really respected what Lawyer brought to this franchise, especially during the Pete Carroll years.

It's posts like this with info that make the site worth reading

Heres another thank you for that post, promisedland.

How awesome would it be if these two guys meet in the SB?

363839 said:
Heres another thank you for that post, promisedland.

How awesome would it be if these two guys meet in the SB?
Y'all are welcome. I think Parcells and BB would love to meet in the Super Bowl, too. For these guys it's all a chess game, or perhaps it would be better to say that for them it's all in good sport.

That Parcells fella sure is a namedropper. I lost count how many times in that one press conference he related his talks with BB. What a Chatty Cathy!

Wouldn't it be funny if, after the game Thursday night, at the first opportunity the media has to ask him about it, BB responds with "Parcells who?"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back