PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Paper Says Mawae has Visited Foxboro

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard that too. Finally someone else's defensive lineman can have their legs broken.

The guy I'm more interested in is Jon Runyan.

stinkypete said:
I heard that too. Finally someone else's defensive lineman can have their legs broken.
I can live with him not hurting anyone else as long as this would stop him from hurting our guys . . . he's not a dirty practive player too, is he ? :D

Too Old, and beat up, resign neal for youth and experience.

Sean Pa Patriot said:

I'm more concerned with putting the best player out on the field to be frank. If that's Mawae (and I suspect it is) then bye-bye Neal.

We can always draft for youth at the same time.

Bobs My Uncle said:
I'm more concerned with putting the best player out on the field to be frank. If that's Mawae (and I suspect it is) then bye-bye Neal.

We can always draft for youth at the same time.

Yup. ten characters

correct. i, too, have never liked him but...he was in NYJ uniform...

i would like him at C and moove Koppen at G.

then draft some youth...

Sean Pa Patriot said:

maybe we can do both

Hell Yes!!!!!!!!

...and that Rodney Harrison is a dirty player...don't bring him here.

Perrenial pro bowler with a nasty attitude...Oh no we wouldn't want a player like that on our team.

History of durability...The Corey Dillon of offensive lineman without the baggage...last thing we would want is a "football player".

Get a grip folks.

Imagine Dan Koppen as your back up center.

Captain Cliche said:
That ain't happening. One would have to move to Guard . . . unless they traded Koppen if they think they can't sign him in a year.

Captain Cliche said:

You mean having $1.5 mil. dollars riding the bench that could be used to shore up the desolate WR position?

Again, I don't get this "let's replace our up-and-coming young talent with 35-year old veterans who people are overvaluing just because of their names."

Why don't we bring in Joe Montana as our QB while we're at it!

Last edited:
pats1 said:
Again, I don't get this "let's replace our up-and-coming young talent with 35-year old veterans who people are overvaluing just because of their names."
This particular "up and coming young talent" is a UFA in 12 months.

Captain Cliche said:
...and that Rodney Harrison is a dirty player...don't bring him here.

Perrenial pro bowler with a nasty attitude...Oh no we wouldn't want a player like that on our team.

History of durability...The Corey Dillon of offensive lineman without the baggage...last thing we would want is a "football player".

Get a grip folks.

Mawae could play at C and Koppen moove to G.

This could be the scenario, IF the deal happens of course...
just my opinion...

BelichickFan said:
This particular "up and coming young talent" is a UFA in 12 months.

And your point is...? Mawae is not a long-term solution.

What would your ideal OL be?

Orlando Pace, Will Shields, Kevin Mawae, Larry Allen, and Jon Runyan

Replacing immediately, in 2006, Matt Light, Logan Mankins, Dan Koppen, Steve Neal, and Nick Kaczur?

C'mon, I'd take #2 any day. Those are the 5 guys we've built to be together for years.

Last edited:
pats1 said:
And your point is...? Mawae is not a long-term solution.
My point is that Mawae is a more long term solution than Koppen as he'd sign for 2-3 years whereas Koppen is likely gone in 12 months (see Givens, David). Mawae is not a long term guy but would likely be more long term than Koppen for us.

pats1 said:
What would your ideal OL be?

Orlando Pace, Will Shields, Kevin Mawae, Larry Allen, and Jon Runyan

Replacing immediately, in 2006, Matt Light, Logan Mankins, Dan Koppen, Steve Neal, and Nick Kaczur?
Dude, give me a F'n break.

Light, Mankins and Kaczur are signed through 2010, 2009 and 2009 respectively. Koppen is signed through 2006.

Figure it out.

I'd take him in a heartbeat...get a nasty vet to help with an attitude for the OL...Think Harrison and how he helped the D..same here on the Oline. I really think Koppen may be gone, plus his injury may have been worse. Sign him ASAP...especially since he's not looking for big bucks.

You guys read his post on the Jets board....thanking the fans...."I made my money , now I want to win...I wanted to end my career here but the organization went in another direction...letter" (too lazy to find the link)

Mangini's first mistake.

Give the man an Elvis.

The other teams in our division would pee their pants if we pick him up...especially the jets.

I see a lot of people are kinda taking this thing personal. One objective view I would like to take is that the PATRIOTS prefer players that are flexible.
Singing Mawae for a year or two is a no brainer. He was a top 3 center before the injury and the injury isn't career threatening. A reason why he was dumped by the jets (by reading posts over at jetsinsider) was his comment towards chad pennington, not injury or money (they only saved 1.5 mill)..

He can play for 2 years and by signing Koppen (I'd be shocked if we didn't), we'd have a solid, experienced line for years.

Now if he is asking for 4-5 million a year, pass.. but if he has the belief that he made his money and he wants to retire a winner, then we'll take him..

You can't pass up on him, he is talented and a great leader (again reading jetsinsider.com)

Captain Cliche said:
You guys read his post on the Jets board....thanking the fans...."I made my money , now I want to win...I wanted to end my career here but the organization went in another direction...letter" (too lazy to find the link)

Mangini's first mistake.

Give the man an Elvis.

The other teams in our division would pee their pants if we pick him up...especially the jets.

Here's the link to his letter:

http://www.jetsinsider.net/ji/news.php?storyid=1701

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill