PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Papelbon is a Dog

Roland

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
So how long does Francona remain loyal to Papeldog?

We are not going anywhere with this guy.

His last best year was 2007.

Maybe if he gets rid of that stupid circle mouth when he pitches.

Are batters supposed to be afraid of that face?

I'm going to go have a good puke now.

He can only throw fastballs and he can't spot them anymore.

He's washed up. Better discover HGH or forget about it you dog.

Hey the Jays will be more then happy to take Papelbon off your hands.

they can have him...i am done with his side show

The Jays would hit less home runs if Papelbon was on their side.

Yeah that was pretty disgusting. He's been sucking it up this year. I wouldn't mind watching him walk.

This thread deserves MANY more posts.

Daniel. Bard.

So how long does Francona remain loyal to Papeldog?

We are not going anywhere with this guy.

His last best year was 2007.

Maybe if he gets rid of that stupid circle mouth when he pitches.

Are batters supposed to be afraid of that face?

I'm going to go have a good puke now.

He can only throw fastballs and he can't spot them anymore.

He's washed up. Better discover HGH or forget about it you dog.
Papelbon's form has been on the decline this season but he's hardly a "dog".

papsmear is a one pitch pitcher. he cant get anything but his fastball over for strikes on a consistent basis and the hitters know it. they just sit and wait for juicy fastballs over the middle of the plate. so glad he never signed a long term deal. im looking forward to the day hes gone.

Last edited:
papsmear is a one pitch pitcher. he cant get anything but his fastball over for strikes on a consistent basis and the hitters know it. they just sit and wait for juicy fastballs over the middle of the plate. so glad he never signed a long term deal. im looking forward to the day hes gone.

I was saying the same thing to my brother last night....Let him walk and Bard will be the new closer.....I would like to see bard work on a good change up to counter his 97-100mph fastball.....Bard has a ridiculous disappearing slider so if he developed a great change up he would be almost unhittable.....I would trade papelboner as teams would give up something to have him and we would get something for nothing....

papelalien.jpg

Papelbon looked sharp today, 1 inning 13 pitches 3 outs.. So what does the head stooge, Francona do for the 11th...he brings in the blazing fast baller, Wakefield with his 65 mile an hour nothing ball...one pitch, its out of the park, game over.

Any one of us can hit Wakefield. He needs to be cut loose.

He's worse than a batting practice pitcher.
Wakefield has become a terrible pitcher and should have been retired. He's given the Sox wonderful service but he's that guy who has gone on for to long unable to pul the pin himself.

The pitch that was hit out today was clocked at 65 MPH. Totally asinine to have Wakefield in a game in which balls were flhying out of the yard all night long.

And Beckett should have been pulled before he gave up the back to back dingers. Francona tried to get him past the fifth... and that was another stupid boneheaded move. A five year old coould see that Beckett didnt have it.
If you want to blame anyone blame Epstein for extending Beckett who has been less then brilliant for the past two seasons.

The pitch that was hit out today was clocked at 65 MPH. Totally asinine to have Wakefield in a game in which balls were flhying out of the yard all night long.

Francona's aware of Wake's limitations. Your post makes it seem as though you aren't aware of the fact that he needs someone to pitch out of the pen tomorrow, and the day after, and the day after, etc.

Last night's game was mostly lost when Beckett started serving 'em up in the fifth. A manager should be able to expect more from a top of the rotation guy like him.

btw: it isn't easier to hit a pitch coming in a 65 when you've been dealing with pitches 20-30 mph faster all night.

Last edited:
josh beckett is a over hyped overrated overpaid stiff. like papsmear hes a one pitch pitcher. he cant get any pitch consistently over the plate but his fastball. the result is a steady supply of baseballs landing over outfield fences. and a bad case of whiplash for anybody watching him pitch.

Looked easy last night.

Wakefield's knuckle ball is nonexistent. ANd, most major leaguers will wait on Wakefield because they know that one of those blazing 65 MPH's is just gonna lay there flat in front of them.

65 MPH to most major leaguers is like going up against a high school pitcher.

I'd be SHOCKED if he is with the team next year. They can't keep on wasting a roster spot.

Funny NESN just put 2 Papelbon commercials on back to back. The Prime Motor Group jig one and the Dunkies one with Pedroia. You'd think they'd be smart enough not to do that.

It wasn't totally Pap's fault for the loss, if Kalish didn't miss the 2 catches we probably wouldn't have lost.

Does Aroldis Chapman strike anyone as a Mariano Rivera in the making? ******* Cincinnati.

Last edited:
Now Papelbum is a yapping dog ... (Please be quiet - edited) idiot ... you get paid to pitch not talk.

Event Schedule

"The difference, I would say, between Boston and Philadelphia, is that, you know, I think that the Boston fans are a little bit more hysterical when it comes to the game of baseball. I'd say the Philly fans, I think they tend to know the game a little bit better, being in the National League, the way the game is played."

papelchoke2.png

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes