Welcome to PatsFans.com

Papa Bear - this is the man some of you revere...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by patsox23, Sep 24, 2007.

1. patsox23

patsox23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 1 / -0

Discussing his recent dinner with Rev. Al Sharpton at the Harlem restaurant Sylvia’s, Bill O’Reilly reported that he “couldn’t get over the fact that there was no difference between Sylvia’s restaurant and any other restaurant in New York City. I mean, it was exactly the same, even though it’s run by blacks, primarily black patronship.” O’Reilly added: “There wasn’t one person in Sylvia’s who was screaming, ‘M-Fer, I want more iced tea.’”

This is just mind-blowingly lame. What world is he living in that this is somehow surprising to him. The idea that a grown up person with a powerful voice in the country lives in such a bubble is astonishing to me.
  2. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Context? Source?
  3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +317 / 4 / -2

He was talking to Jaun Williams who is black, and from the excerpt of the radio show that is posted, it seems that they were discussing something along the lines of the publics perception of urban black america, or the hip hop culture, etc...

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/archives/2007/09/oreilly_blacks_order_tea_without_cursing/

When you first get to his words, they seem very strange, but when you read what follows, and the context of the conversation through Williams' words, you get a better picture of what they are talking about.
  4. Real World

Ratings:
    +317 / 4 / -2

I forgot to add, this was from his radio show, so hearing it would probably be better than reading a transcript.
  5. Bill Belichick

Bill Belichick Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Edited quotes are far more entertaining though.
  6. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Thanks for the proper context. It's amazing the games people play with words. I figured it was totally different than presented. I'm sure Olberman is yelling this on his show in the same fashion.
  7. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

this reminds me. I miss Bob the Chef's on Columbus Ave. Greatest Soul food. Anybody here been there? Sweet Potato Pie, Greens, the works.
    and no, I never heard Mo-Fo used :)
  8. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +195 / 7 / -23

Then there must have been extensive discussions about byatches and ho's!!!
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2007
  9. Real World

Ratings:
    +317 / 4 / -2

Just saw Juan Williams on BOR, and he was dumbfounded by CNN and Media Matters' calling O'Rielly a racist. Hope the clip goes up on youtube soon.
  10. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

O'Rielly is not a racist...a stupid schill, yes, but a racist?...no way. Classic tempist in a teapot fed by the race-baiters in the media. Happens once a week, now.
  11. Real World

Ratings:
    +317 / 4 / -2

We agree. What was interesting in seeing him talk to Williams on his show last night, was that their discourse sounded very similar to what goes on in this forum. Each talked about how it's difficult to have an honest discussion about race, because so many quickly scream racism. That sounded like some people in here.
  12. Real World

Ratings:
    +317 / 4 / -2