Welcome to PatsFans.com

Panthers willing to trade Kris Jenkins

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by NE_PATS_FAN_54, Apr 7, 2007.

1. NE_PATS_FAN_54

NE_PATS_FAN_54 Rookie

Ratings:
    +61 / 3 / -1

#70 Jersey

http://www.charlotte.com/141/story/77146.html

obviously with wilfork and crew on the d-line, i think we are beyond set at that position, i just hope jenkins continues to stay out of the afc.
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2007
  2. wdkantro2

wdkantro2 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Ah, Kris Jenkins...part of the vaunted Panthers D-line that was supposed to destroy the Patriots patchwork O-line:rolleyes:
  3. zippo59

zippo59 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Is it just me or is 340 really big for a 4-3 DT?
  4. wdkantro2

wdkantro2 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I'd usually agree, but the weight is probably a little inflated, and regardless, he is pretty quick for a big guy.
  5. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +51 / 1 / -4

Wow Kris Jenkins, if healthy, definitely sounds like he's worth a first round pick to me. Image the kind of wicked 4-3 look we'd be able to put up with Jenkins AND Wilfork at DT??

It's probably too much to add to the DL, but that would be sick. And 4.5M per year sounds reasonable for a premiere DT to me.
  6. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +423 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

He's had a couple of season ending knee injuries, is he still the same player he was ?
  7. zippo59

zippo59 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Big Vince is "only" listed at 325.
  8. PatsWorldChamps

PatsWorldChamps Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

exactly.. he is not the player he was.
  9. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +51 / 1 / -4

So the Panthers are shopping "damaged goods"? Is that allowed? I'd think he'd have to pass a medical checkup before any team would ok a trade for him.
  10. mcsully

mcsully Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 3 / -0

He played 16 games last year and went to the probowl..

My fear is someone like the Jets making a move for him. Considering they have two #2 picks, he could sure shore up their weakest link on that line..
  11. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +423 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

And he played 5 games combined in the two seasons before. I have no idea what, if anything, he's lost but when you miss two complete seasons who knows. And making the pro bowl means nothing.

Scanning RotoWorld, he's had a torn labrum, torn biceps, torn ACL and a drinking problem.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_previousnews.aspx?sport=NFL&id=2375
  12. zippo59

zippo59 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I'm not sure how he would fit in the 3-4.
  13. JackPMiller

JackPMiller Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

The only reason there has been talk, is St. Louis sports reporter, Bernie Miklas stated the Rams and Panthers have talked about trading Jenkins to the Rams. Of course, the Rams will not budge on giving the Panthers a 1st or 2nd round pick, and it was the Panthers who went to the Rams, and the Rams experesed interest. There was talk about the Rams and Panthers would rotate first round picks, meaning the Panthers would then select at 13, and would then the Rams would select at 14.

There is talk that the Panthers need a TE, so I would consider giving them Domonique Byrd, since we do have Aaron Walker and Joe Klopfenstein. Which means we are loaded at TE.

If it was me, I would trade our 1st round pick(13th overall), Domonique Byrd, Jerametrius Butler, and our 5th round pick(148) to Carolina for their 1st round pick(14th overall), and Kris Jenkins.
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2007
  14. mcsully

mcsully Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 3 / -0

Its what have you done for me lately..ANd lately he has done well... Probowl is the Probow.. We praise our players when they make it or jump on it when they don't.. So don't give me this crap about the probowl..
  15. zippo59

zippo59 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I don't think anyone would argue that it's much difficult to get into the Pro Bowl for the first time than it is to get in for the second, third etc.

Look no further than Richard Seymour. He is a perennial Pro Bowler and deservedly so, but he had a down year this year due to injuries, yet he gets the invite. On the other hand, Ty Warren who has never been to the Pro Bowl has a superior year than Seymour and gets snubbed.