PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Panthers scare me

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually really excited for this game. The panthers are one of those teams that i dont hate, and have no real animosity towards since they are an NFC team.

Their style is pretty fun to watch so having this be a prime time game should make for some exciting football.

This kind of feels like a potential superbowl preview.

Please God no.. I lived thru this once and it was horrible. Panther Fans to this day hate everything Patriots because of that SB loss.

Guys the plane ride to Carolina scares me, what if they crash? I am losing sleep over it.

If the Patriots O-Line plays like it has against Detroit (preseason), NYJ twice and the Bengals they are going to lose. This O-Line hasn't proven they can win a war against a big, fast and athletic line to date. If they're up to the task the Patriots will win. This is the match-up to me that will decide the game minus one team or the other winning the turnover battle in a big way but that's a given any week.

Hopefully the bye week leaves the O-Line with fresh legs and they worked on the things that have been hurting them all season.

Please God no.. I lived thru this once and it was horrible. Panther Fans to this day hate everything Patriots because of that SB loss.

Because you live out there? That SB was my favorite and I still watch it, the 01 bowl was legendary same in 07 (but I can't watch one second of it without getting sick), I just loved the second half shootout, also think this was the Janet Jackson nipple game so even better.

They have faced a few good QBs (Matt Ryan, Russell Wilson, and Eli Manning), but even then they had some favorable situations (like no Julio Jones or Roddy White). Even yesterday, they faced Kaepernick (who the rest of the league seems to have caught up with) without Vernon Davis for most of the game.

I don't think they are frauds. I don't think they are as good as their box scores indicate though either.

something like that.....

I see the pats blowing them out

Because you live out there? That SB was my favorite and I still watch it, the 01 bowl was legendary same in 07 (but I can't watch one second of it without getting sick), I just loved the second half shootout, also think this was the Janet Jackson nipple game so even better.

Yeah, because I live here.... listening to the media and the fans was pretty much unbearable and that was before they lost that Superbowl. I'm predicting the media and fans will be pretty bad this week. I already had some guy give me crap last night about 7:30 in a grocery store because I was wearing a Pats hat.

2. Zone defense: Like I said, we play a lot of zone. An experienced QB like Brady should be able to move the ball if he knows where to find the soft spots. Often times we leave Kuechly alone to cover the middle of the field, and he can't always shut down the elite tight ends up the seam.

Welcome to the forum.

This is what I am counting on. They are going to attack Kuechly with across the middle movements (slant, drag and cross) so he will have his hands full there, never mind anticipating Gronk coming up the seam.

Our O-line has been bi-polar for the most part, this season. I see the bye week layover being of great benefit to them, and I think how they perform is going to dictate which way the game goes.

I would rather this game against an inter conference opponent be on the road than next week against a top AFC contender where Manning is near impossible to beat in the REGULAR season.

not me....need to prove they can beat a good team....SF is a ok team..but nothing like last year

Monday Night Football is an interesting twist.

Patriots are 22-22 all-time on MNF
Panthers are 5-4 all time on MNF

Monday Night Football all-time team standings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tom Brady is 13-5 on MNF
Bill Belichick is 15-5 on MNF

Cam Newton has never played on Monday Night Football, nor has his head coach, Ron Rivera, ever been a head coach in one.

Newton seems like a guy who could implode in the national spotlight if things don't go his way. Maturity doesn't seem to be his strong suit.

Well so far, it is the anomaly, not the norm for this season. The Panthers are playing great D, and great defense will keep you in games, meanwhile the Pats D have been regressing.

I dont think the offensive performance against the steelers was a fluke...sure it hasnt been like that this year mostly..

but it shouldnt be a surprise to everyone that when a team gets its top 2 receivers healthy their offense performs better than when throwing to 2 rookie receivers, no TE and no passing back

the addition of Vereen should help even more. especially if the panthers are looking to blitz/get pressure on brady. gives him that quick dumpoff

while the defense had been regressing the past few weeks I expect them to look fine once again when Talib comes back. he is vital to our defensive gameplan just as much as Gronk is to offense

The steelers are just awful. I watched that game and I was shocked to see that it took you as long as you did to close that game out.

The steelers are just awful. I watched that game and I was shocked to see that it took you as long as you did to close that game out.

Says the panthers fan whose team lost to the bills, who the Patriots and steelers beat.

Says they panthers fan whose team lost to the bills, who the Patriots and steelers beat.

the transitive property of football does not exist, lol :bricks:

Edit: we crushed the vikings who crushed the steelers ;)

I sound like someone who understands the blueprint to stopping the patriots. I don't think the pats can run on the panthers and i think the line will have trouble protect brady.

So you just fell on this revelation - run the ball, control the clock and keep Brady off the field? That has been the blueprint against the Pats and every good passing team since Brady has been in the league and before. It is one thing to know what needs to be done, and another to do it.

Duly noted in your concerns, and prediction of failure on the line. I expect you will return and acknowledge your lack of confidence in your team if this game results in a win for the Pats. Happy to do the same if BB cannot come up with a plan to address these issues, to your shock and amazement.

as bad as the steelers are what people keep overlooking is that they had the #2 pass defense in the league going into the pats game..and brady torched them.

Like I said earlier..it should be no surprise that when brady gets his best targets back(gronk/amendola) and his other targets start getting on the same page(dobson) the offense gets moving. and as Gronk keeps getting healthier the offense will continue to be fine IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing