PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Panthers scare me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year in 2012, we played 5 of the top 10 Ds...Look what happened...

- 31 points vs Broncos (2nd ranked D overall) - win
- 34 points vs 49ers (3rd overall) - loss (1 or 2 turnovers affected by rain)
- 42 points vs Texans (7th overall) - win
- 49 points vs Jets (8th overall) - win
- 20* points vs Seahawks (4th overall) - loss

Our offense is obviously different, however I believe that with Brady's growing chemistry with Dobson (finally an downfield threat/X receiver), a healthy Amendola, Gronk's dominance, and an increased roll for Vereen, we can be just as good. The attention of the opposing D around Gronk helps out Dobson so much.

BB is 10-3 after a bye week?

Carolina may be the hottest team in football at the moment, and that obviously includes KC and their backup QB tour.

They've won 6 of the past 7, and 5 in a row. Their defense is tough.

Their fans will be pumped up as hell with a meaningful home game in primetime for the first time in awhile. It will be quite a challenge for sure. Let's hope our team is up to the task, it should be a good measuring stick for the kind of hard nosed defensive matchups that we will be likely facing come January.

Delete this thread before some Panthers fans on their forum thinks this represents the general feeling we have.

Panthers scare me.

Not me.

4f93a9a214785a83e841c0844c91325d.jpg

i hope to at least go 1-1 in the next 2 games

Delete this thread before some Panthers fans on their forum thinks this represents the general feeling we have.

So, you think its wrong to give our opponent kudos for what they have accomplished? You do realize it is OK to say someone might be better than you. I'm not sure they are, but no one can deny they are not an easy out.

So, you think its wrong to give our opponent kudos for what they have accomplished? You do realize it is OK to say someone might be better than you. I'm not sure they are, but no one can deny they are not an easy out.

Go look at their schedule so far and get back to me if you really think they've accomplished something this season.

Congratulations, they beat a few bad teams.

Go look at their schedule so far and get back to me if you really think they've accomplished something this season.

Congratulations, they beat a few bad teams.

I have looked at their wins and losses. Their losses have been very close (mostly: 1, 16, 5) while their wins have been blowouts (mostly).

This is not going to be an easy game and I can't understand why a lot of us seem to be blowing it off as a guaranteed win.

Yall done sure could ave used me - could have told you some stuff - could have won you some games - maybe another super bowl - gettin old here now - didnt want to pay me then did you?

I posted this in another forum,hope it helps discussions, but yes, the kitties defense scares us to. Its a no mistake defense, and your not going to win by much.

Well little known is that Cam has one of the lowest over 20 yds completions % in the NFL. He cant throw the long ball.

Cam deep passing in win streak
3 attempts 0 catches 1 INT. (Week 5)
4 attempts 1 catch (week 6)
0 attempts (week 7)
4 attempts 1 catch (week 8)
6 attempts 0 catches 2 INT. (Week 9)

I posted this in another forum,hope it helps discussions, but yes, the kitties defense scares us to. Its a no mistake defense, and your not going to win by much.

I saw this, and that's very interesting.

Panthers pass defense:

30th in comp pct, 9th in yards/attempt, 7th in qbr. 10th in yards, 1st in TDs.

Russell Wilson, EJ Manuel, Eli Manning, Carson Palmer, Matt Cassel, Mike Glennon, bad Matt Ryan, Colin Kaepernick.

One great QB. Gee, I'm scared.

They have a phony pass defense. If the OL gives Brady time, he'll tear apart Blackburn, a reject Raiders safety, and whoever the hell Melvin White is.

by what metric? :confused:

I imagine it's the metric about throwing the football. Although I will say, Wilson is a gambler and it will come bite him eventually.

Their run defense is what's incredible. They have really solid LB play and their DEs are the size of DTs. If we draw up a game plan that involves Brady throwing the ball 40-50 times it's going to be a hard game to watch. As usual I think the mismatch that Gronk presents is going to be huge and if we can get a little bit of a run game going we can flip their D on its head.

Anybody watch enough Panthers games to see how they are against play action? Feels like next monday will never get here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots