Welcome to PatsFans.com

Pant Suit's Village (we will tell you what to eat)

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +539 / 2 / -9

2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +429 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

It's ridiculous.

At my kids' school the teachers always have to tell the parents to being "healthy" snacks. As if kids want a vegetable tray at a Christmas party. Anyway, although that is the policy, they also cannot stop parents from bringing in what they want to. So for my 8 year old's birthday party at school today we have almost $60 of Baskin Robbins' ice cream cake ready to go. The school policy can kiss my ass.
  3. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +429 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

I watch my kids. They're thin so I let them eat/do what they want. If/when they start getting pudgy then things will change. They know that. It's up to me not the school.

They didn't say I couldn't. Ice cream cake it is.
  4. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

It wasn't clear to me from the article, but I believe kids can still bring in whatever food they want, the school isn't banning dessert, rather they are not going to provide it anymore, right? If that's the case I don't have any problem with this, parents still ultimately make the choice.
  5. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +429 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

I agree with you on this.
  6. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +539 / 2 / -9

As much of a Neo Con that I am I also agree with you Stokes, I think thats fine, if they don't sell it then the kid won't have it in school, if the kid really wants it he can have it when he goes home and after he has it he can call up his principal and say "hi mr principal, I just had 4 twinkies and six pieces of bacon".

The same Pant Suit Village People that whine about wire tapping and their loss of freedoms have FORCED ME TO WEAR HELMETS AND SEAT BELTS AND THE LOON BASTARDS WOULD LOVE TO GET MY GUN they don't want to offend terrorists though :confused: :confused:
  7. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Maybe if parents would let their kids- no, not let them...make them go outside and play with friends and get exercise instead of letting them sit on their arses watching TV and playing video games there wouldn't be this rise in obesity and diabetes. It's no accident that the physical changes in kids began when the media began telling us how dangerous the outside world had suddenly become for kids. Kidnappings, sexual assaults, IT"S JUST NOT SAFE OUT THERE!

Poor kids can't be kids anymore. In the 70's, we were outside all afternoon until it got dark and even then, we would play in the yard. We either walked home from school or took a bus where we still had to walk a few blocks home. As soon as we could, we'd change out of our ties and pants and put on some play clothes and go like hell for three hours...and get this - there were no adults hovering over us! Guess what else! There was a kid missing in Nevada and we never heard about it!
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2008
  8. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +881 / 6 / -16

#87 Jersey

We have something in common ... I have an 8-year old also ... 2nd grader here. They drive us nuts with this healthy crap. The problem isn't just the school as it is the amazing amount of moron parents out there.

My wife and I are more prepared for the BS this time around because this is our second time around ... we have a 22 year old daughter and 20 year old son.

Too many friggin' liberals is the problem and this is something I used to go crazy trying to tell them in this forum. Perhaps being a liberal person is different from being a liberal politician and administrator. In both cases they feel it's their duty and right to tell others how to live. This part of me is real conservative and I am glad for that ... the less :mad: government the better :D IMO. :cool:
  9. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +881 / 6 / -16

#87 Jersey

They do that now NEM. My older kids ... when they were in grade school my wife would send in cupcakes on their birthdays ... many parents did this... you can't do it anymore. It's like minimum security prison in the schools now ... so many things not to do I don't know how they keep track of it all.

On a side note ... the most underpaid person in every school now is the principal who is responsible for making sure the gazillion memos that come down the pike from the think tank people are put into action. There are so many now I'm waiting for the 1 principal 2 and 3 vice principal system.
  10. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +539 / 2 / -9

Nope, I don't want the Government running what goes on in my house Republican or Democrat, if the school decides not sell "sh1t" in the school fine, but if my kids are skinny and healthy and they want to eat "sh!t" I am the one who will do the deciding not the Pant Suit Village.

I only wear a seat belt when I choose to wear one, most Cops don't wear them, I don't think.

If fat slobs eat in McDonalds it's not McDonalds Fault, it's the Fat Slobs fault for going in there, give the country back to the people, Pant Suit Hillary can shove her Village up her a$s.

I loudly say, "wiretap, profile, and look in the underwear of our enemy" but don't you dare tell me what to eat.

Bring NEM Home
  11. Stan Musial Jr.

Stan Musial Jr. Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

yes we will tell you what to eat.
  12. Stan Musial Jr.

Stan Musial Jr. Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

someday soon you will see the menu.
  13. Stan Musial Jr.

Stan Musial Jr. Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

p.s. it will be written in french, too.
  14. Stan Musial Jr.

Stan Musial Jr. Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

and you will be able to take out a doggie bag
  15. Stan Musial Jr.

Stan Musial Jr. Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

oh almost forgot... the valet will park you car too.
  16. Stan Musial Jr.

Stan Musial Jr. Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

do you remember back in old l.a. when everybody drove a chevrolet?
  17. Stan Musial Jr.

Stan Musial Jr. Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

everybody gets a cookie too
  18. Stan Musial Jr.

Stan Musial Jr. Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

everybody's going surfin surfin usa
  19. Stan Musial Jr.

Stan Musial Jr. Rookie