Welcome to PatsFans.com

Pant Suit - Jug Ears - or ???

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Nov 11, 2010.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +549 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

Okay ... I just wanted to be Harry for a moment ... Harry Boy is great.

Now on to the serious stuff.

Is anyone intrigued that Hillary may run in 2012?

first female President of the USA ... show could unite the party by bringing i closer to the center. :confused3:

Does anyone care .... :confused2:
    or are you content with the devil you know over the devil you may not recognize anymore? :ugh:

Seriously ... I don't think a GOP President is the answer. :nono:
    I think balance in Congress and the Senate is a better way to go in that department.

I don't think swinging from side to side will benefit the country in any way. :blahblah:

I think this country could really use a conservative democrat ... and yes i am serious. :idea2:
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2010
  2. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No way whatsoever Hillary runs in 2012. It would be political suicide. I do think she'll run in 2016 though.
  3. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +121 / 7 / -13

IF Hillary took out Obama Black people would leave the dem party, won't happen.
  4. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +325 / 6 / -8

Interesting premise on the racebaiting front this time, 13. African Americans were actually a tough sell for Obama early on, based on Hilary's strong support among that group. But opposition based on skin color gets him props, and from conversations with the people in question, I'd note that the common perception is that the most vigorous opposition to Obama is race-based, whether acknowledged or not.

Now, if the Dems nominated a Gingrich or a Rand Paul, no doubt they'd lose the black vote.
  5. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +549 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

Kind of expanding upon what you say here ...

Our country IMO is best served by a diverse and loyal voting base ... people that always vote.

Politicians are too eager to use the word mandate now.

if we are to keep our politicians honest we must get them to respond to a broader base rather than the base they target.

A republican cannot do this at this time but it would be nice to see them more diverse and I think they are trying.

A liberal democrat cannot do this either ... this was Obama's mistake (in a way).

I think a more center based democrat whose platform crosses all the racial, gender, social etc ... areas is what we need in the short term. Like I said above get more politicians to work for a greater diverse pool of people.

Obama can still be this guy ... we may have the guy we need ... we will see.
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2010
  6. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +121 / 7 / -13

Perhaps you are not around many black people (?) he is adored by the black people I know and work with, he received what 97% of the vote among black people? The backlash in the black community would be fearsome, if he were voted out in the dem primaries.

No race baiting just a fact.
  7. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +291 / 4 / -2

Hillary unite what? Bring who to the center? Hillary would be as, if not more polarizing that either Bush or Obama. Plus, she's a fraud fony like the best of them. She's the female Mitt Romney, only far less likable. She's another liberal marxist pretending to be a moderate. The one good thing about Obama winning, is that it pretty much guaranteed that Hillary Clinton will never be president. She can't run in 2012, and by the time 2016 rolls around, she'll look like something you one day find in the back of your fridge, that's been there so long, and looks so nasty, that you can't even remember what it was to begin with. Ewwww....
  8. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Just out of curiousity, what planet were you living on in 2008 where this was true?
  9. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +110 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Where is Harry?
  10. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +549 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

He has not posted since the clapp thread ... i hope he is okay.
  11. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +121 / 7 / -13

Hopefully it is Moose season in Maine or something.
  12. TBradyOwnsYou

TBradyOwnsYou Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I would guess a coma of some sort?

As for Harry, a CIA spook walked by me as I was reading the forum and saw a post by Harry. He is now in Gitmo. Sorry!
  13. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +325 / 6 / -8

About 80% in New Hampshire, and 88% on Super Tuesday, in the Democratic primaries.

Identity, while decisively in Obama's favor, does not imply an abandonment of the Dems if they went with Clinton, specifically. They would likely stay home in much greater numbers as a response.

Here's an interesting article on Bill Clinton's appeal to the Black vote, which explains the earlier enthusiasm for Hillary, prior to Obama's emergence as a legit contender.

THE 1992 CAMPAIGN - Blacks - Clinton's Talk of Racial Unity Falls on Eager Ears - NYTimes.com

What did the polls look like before it seemed Obama could make it a horse-race?

Poll: Black support helps Clinton extend lead - CNN.com

Now, these facts do not account for the difference between never having elected a black president, and dumping a black president who has been elected. They do not account for divisive statements by either Clinton on the way to Mrs. C's epic fail of a campaign in 2008. But they do display the limits of a purely racial explanation of Obama's popularity.

Would African Americans bolt the party and turn to those who actively oppose their interests, as they themselves perceive those interests, to punish the Dems?

I don't think so.

Would they be less than enthusiastic to go to the polls? Yeah, quite likely.

PFnV
  14. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +121 / 7 / -13

The turnout among Black voters would be off significantly if Obama is stabbed in the back by the dems.
  15. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +325 / 6 / -8

See, that much I would buy. That's a different statement from "would leave the Democratic party."