PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Panicking little pseudos...

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsox23

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
The Patriots are playing poorly.

There needs to be some serious turnaround.

Odds are quite good that this team WILL turn it around.

Criticism is ALWAYS fair, win or lose, and today certainly earned them a lot of criticism, fair and otherwise.

This team is not perfect.

This team is not horrible.

This team is slumping.

This team is going to the playoffs.

Panicking is for losers.

Too many people here are panicking.

The Patriots have work to do.

The Patriots will do it.

Feel free to criticize as much as you want, but panicking in the form of "fire so-and-so!" and "This team may not make the playoffs!" is unrealistic, ******ed and humiliating.

Open your eyes, bestill your hearts and grow some sack.

We win next week.

Onward.

Last edited:
I agree, but that was not the tone 2 weeks ago, when the topic was what color sun block people should wear in Feb, which they still may do, but Im not shocked about back to back loss, they were due, its just how they lost them and they lost them at home... Good teams dont do that sorry...

patsox23 said:

Criticism is ALWAYS fair, win or lose, and today certainly earned them a lot of criticism, fair and otherwise.

This team is slumping.

Panicking is for losers.

The Patriots will do it.

Feel free to criticize as much as you want, but panicking in the form of "fire so-and-so!" and "This team may not make the playoffs!" is unrealistic, ******ed and humiliating.

We win next week.

Onward.
If Brady keeps on getting hit from the blindside without protection against teams like the Bears ect: and he does not get up,I don't think missing the playoffs statement is absurd or retarted or humiliating..He needs solid protection,If he goes down then those people saying the patriots won't make the playoff predictions could be right,Other than a Brady injury I think the team makes the playoffs easily and of course wins the division because there will be no 2 teams in the AFC east in the playoffs,but there is NO guarantee,especially when your OL is allowing wide open shots on your franchise player like they did today..the OL needs to play better and soon..Remember the hard hitting Bears are 2 weeks away and I don't wanna see Harris or Urlacher get to Brady with no one blocking.

The biggest drain on the quality of this site has come in the form of Newbies on BOTH sides of the extreme. The Patriots CAN be "special" this year, but look as far from that as they have all season. The Patriots CAN underachieve this year, and right this second we are as close to that as possible. The guys here who are frantic and breathless - on the pro or the con side (and the worst of them have been on BOTH, swinging with the breeze of victory and defeat) - compose the worst group of fans on the internet, the COMMONERS of football boards.

I hope we won't allow them - or that we can teach them away from - infecting a truly great site with their lowest common-denominator mantras and quickening pulses.

patsox23 said:
The biggest drain on the quality of this site has come in the form of Newbies on BOTH sides of the extreme. The Patriots CAN be "special" this year, but look as far from that as they have all season. The Patriots CAN underachieve this year, and right this second we are as close to that as possible. The guys here who are frantic and breathless - on the pro or the con side (and the worst of them have been on BOTH, swinging with the breeze of victory and defeat) - compose the worst group of fans on the internet, the COMMONERS of football boards.

I hope we won't allow them - or that we can teach them away from - infecting a truly great site with their lowest common-denominator mantras and quickening pulses.
I've proudly worn $200 Patriots jerseys and $299 Patriots leather jackets in Malls,Theatres ect: when they stunk like in 1990-91 ect: and I am not even from MA,I am in NE-PA so make sure you know who exactly you are labelling as bandwagoners bacause I certainly love the team no matter win or lose,But if they lose I criticize and if they win I compliment-theres nothing wrong with that..Nowhere does that make you a bandwagoner if you think something needs work...In my heart they are the ONLY team to watch and root for and that has been the way it is since 1977 for me..But I don't simply deny things when they play badly in a certain game,or putting them in the super bowl when they play great after a certain game..I simply hope they improve weekly and win it every year..Like most of us on here do.

patsox23 said:

This team is slumping.

Panicking is for losers.

The Patriots will do it.

We win next week.

Onward.

Great post. I think that it is unrealistic to say that this team won't make the playoffs, not vice versa. It is hardly a secret that more improvement is needed to go all the way in the playoffs and we can assume that the coaching staff are agonising about ways to improve things. The level of ingratitude for what the Pats have achieved in the last six seasons is staggering.

gomezcat said:
Great post. I think that it is unrealistic to say that this team won't make the playoffs, not vice versa. It is hardly a secret that more improvement is needed to go all the way in the playoffs and we can assume that the coaching staff are agonising about ways to improve things. The level of ingratitude for what the Pats have achieved in the last six seasons is staggering.
Get that panic button here...must have that handy...
I agree!!! GREAT post!!

I'll admit I'm really surprised and perplexed with how the team played the last two weeks (not even the fact they lost, which they deserved to do both times)....the way they played. I don't know why they are playing poorly at home this year...would welcome any thoughts and theories on that. I mean, you could say field issues, but the other team plays on it, too, you know? The Jets just played aggressively yesterday and we did not.

What bugs most is that we used to win games like these last two by doing to other teams what has been done to us...Playing hard and waiting for the other team to make a mistake. Was it 10 or 14 points scored off turnovers for the Jets? The turnovers are baffling.

Tom is not playing well. Yeah, there are still drops (and man, if Gabriel hadn't fumbled...) but he's off. No use denying it anymore. He seems to be deliberately trying to avoid an INT. Perhaps it's still a trust issue, who knows. His protection stunk yesterday as well. I'm not used to Tom being smacked as he throws and KNOWING it will be an INT. It's just weird.

With all this, though, I'm not giving up on anything. This has been a weird NFL season anyway, and our play is part of it. I just can't believe the general turnaround since a superb Minnesota game in which almost nothing went wrong. Except on special teams, which have looked a bit baffling as well this year.

Oh, well. Plenty to work on. The season is a process. I don't like the regressing, but we'll see what happens from here on out. I'll still be at my TV every Sunday.

Last edited:
patsox23 said:

Your opinion should certainly be respected here, just like everyone elses. But when anyone on this board attempts to discredit other posters or browbeat everyone into agreeing with them only, they do a disservice to what this board is all about, which is the sharing of ideas and opinions.
You may think that you have been a fan longer than anyone else and are the best around, and you are entitled to think that, but it is wrong to bash other posters for sharing their views.
I for one am happy that my team has a passionate fan base that is not content with losing. Complacency does not lead to improvement, and our team seems to need improvement at this point.
I can understand any positive feelings anyone may have towards the current roster for past success, but this roster may not be able to repeat that success.
I would have loved to have won a championship in 01' with Armstrong, Coates, Bledsoe, Gash, Slade, Jefferson and all my other past favorites starting the game, but it wasn't going to happen. If thats what you want to see the team futiley try to attempt, fine. But don't bash others for wanting to win.

Yep, love this team, love this coach, am disappointed right now but know that this team will always have the potential to do great things, and I will tune in every week hoping for just that.

ChockBlkr said:
Your opinion should certainly be respected here, just like everyone elses. But when anyone on this board attempts to discredit other posters or browbeat everyone into agreeing with them only, they do a disservice to what this board is all about, which is the sharing of ideas and opinions.
You may think that you have been a fan longer than anyone else and are the best around, and you are entitled to think that, but it is wrong to bash other posters for sharing their views.
I for one am happy that my team has a passionate fan base that is not content with losing. Complacency does not lead to improvement, and our team seems to need improvement at this point.
I can understand any positive feelings anyone may have towards the current roster for past success, but this roster may not be able to repeat that success.
I would have loved to have won a championship in 01' with Armstrong, Coates, Bledsoe, Gash, Slade, Jefferson and all my other past favorites starting the game, but it wasn't going to happen. If thats what you want to see the team futiley try to attempt, fine. But don't bash others for wanting to win.

You, sir, are totally missing the point. Patsox mentions that it is okay to criticize the team and make rational suggestions befitting a 6-3 team (with the division lead and the benefit of experience in a system which has produced three recent superbowl victories).

What is not cool is to clog up this website with irrational panic-button crap which makes no sense at all.

There is a big difference. I think if you read all the threads you will find a very slim amount of rational sensible threads between yesterday and today, and a lot of total crap.

We all are aware of how bad the team looked, in fact, worse overall than against the Colts. So let's discuss it in a rational manner.

Just because some clueless fanboy has an opinion does not mean that his opinion deserves respect. There are people in this country that are in the KKK. My point being that not all opinions in this world are worth respecting. That includes this website. I'm NOT comparing silly fanboys to racists, I am suggesting that you realize that every opinion is not automatically worthy of respect and discussion. Some opinions are just stupid and off target. Some opinions about this team are just not going to happen and therefore are too hypothetical to discuss in a tone of utter panic like the fanboys want us to do at this site.

Here's the bad news:

1. We lost yesterday to the Friggin JEST at home. This is was a game we should have and could have won but we didn't.

2. We lost to the Colts at home the week before.Another game that we should have and could have won, but we didn't.That was not as big as losing the the JEST.

3. Tom is not being Tom. I don't know if it's his mechanics or something else. That is the most worrisome thing to me.

Here's the good news:

1. We are 6-3. We lead our division.

2. We control our own playoff destiny.We are not looking up at anyone. The Jest are still looking up at us.

3. BB and the coaching staff will work tirelessly to get this corrected. We have a goup of players who are talented and will also work tirelessly. That's the type of people we have.

4. There are many players on the injury list that will be coming back.

Looking at this thing objectively and with out rose colored glasses, there are many more reasons to still feel optimistic than pessimistic.

I am disgusted by what I see posted as threads on this board by so called fans. They have their opinions but I think that they are happy that things have gone this way so they can post their bull****. The good news is that they represent less than 25% of the fans here but they act likethey are the majority.

Good posts 23! As I sat watching yesterdays game I kept waiting for that breakout moment that we've all come to expect, and was teased by first Dillon and then Caldwell! But I have faith in this team and coaches that it will come together before the season gets away from us!!

5 Rings for Brady!! said:
You, sir, are totally missing the point. Patsox mentions that it is okay to criticize the team and make rational suggestions befitting a 6-3 team (with the division lead and the benefit of experience in a system which has produced three recent superbowl victories).

What is not cool is to clog up this website with irrational panic-button crap which makes no sense at all.

There is a big difference. I think if you read all the threads you will find a very slim amount of rational sensible threads between yesterday and today, and a lot of total crap.

We all are aware of how bad the team looked, in fact, worse overall than against the Colts. So let's discuss it in a rational manner.

Just because some clueless fanboy has an opinion does not mean that his opinion deserves respect. There are people in this country that are in the KKK. My point being that not all opinions in this world are worth respecting. That includes this website. I'm NOT comparing silly fanboys to racists, I am suggesting that you realize that every opinion is not automatically worthy of respect and discussion. Some opinions are just stupid and off target. Some opinions about this team are just not going to happen and therefore are too hypothetical to discuss in a tone of utter panic like the fanboys want us to do at this site.

I think you missed my point. I don't agree with yours or the thread starter's opinions, but I am not going to call them "retarted, humiliating, irrational crap".
I'm also not saying that I agree with all of the negative posters on this board, I'm saying that we all have a right to voice our Patriots related opinions here. That's what this board is for.
Its one thing to say that you disagree with someone, its another to call their opinions retarted crap. And when you feel free to make generalizations about who you are referring to, expect for some of us to get offended and voice our displeasure.
You referred to the KKK in your post. Isn't that one of those pig headed organizations that thinks theirs is the only correct opinion and everything else is crap? Just wondering.

ChockBlkr said:

I'm sorry some of you people fail to read and/or comprehend the original post in this thread. I have no problem with criticism. I have a problem with frantic, wild swingings of the pendulum - good and bad - that come from the panic-driven commoners who are taking over this site.

Try reading and you won't get shot down.

ChockBlkr said:
I think you missed my point. I don't agree with yours or the thread starter's opinions, but I am not going to call them "retarted, humiliating, irrational crap".
I'm also not saying that I agree with all of the negative posters on this board, I'm saying that we all have a right to voice our Patriots related opinions here. That's what this board is for.
Its one thing to say that you disagree with someone, its another to call their opinions retarted crap. And when you feel free to make generalizations about who you are referring to, expect for some of us to get offended and voice our displeasure.
You referred to the KKK in your post. Isn't that one of those pig headed organizations that thinks theirs is the only correct opinion and everything else is crap? Just wondering.

Not all things we disagree with are "******ed, humiliating, irrational crap." Just some, which we refer to - and, now, yours. Again, please read. Otherwise, hang in the corner and resume drooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back