PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Panic: the missing link?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSn

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Do you think if Brady had played the pre-season and added a couple of touchdowns in the first quarter of two of the games, we'd be reeling even half this much from the pre-season? I think a lot of the speculation, fear and diagnoses would be altered if we played EXACTLY THE SAME, but had gone 2-2 with Brady assaulting the other teams for a few drives each game.

^
Well, yeah. The panicers always come out when we're not putting points on the board, even if it is preseason.

i dont think the offense is a concern...defense looks a little unknown considering how they performed with their starting front 7

Personally, I think alot of people got spoiled last year. Not that I'm saying we shouldnt have scored more in preseason, but I think people got freaked out when we didnt have Brady throwing 4 td's per game. Those would be the people who just don't understand the purpose of preseason football.

I went to the Ravens (preseason) game, and this idiot sitting behind me went nuts when B.B. didnt go for the tie, and instead went for two. I mean this guy was swearing up a storm about how stupid our coach is, and how we're gonna lose the game.......some people just don't get it, and may never.

The missing link? Huh, lets see...

One Hall of Fame QB missing from all 4 games.

One Hall of Fame Receiver playing part time in three games and at half speed as not to get hurt.

The 2007 League Leader in catches missing from 2 games and limited in the other two.

2 All Pro Offensive lineman missing in action.

One Hall of Fame coach not game planning and instead running what he wanted to and not playing to the weakness of the other team because, well.....these games don't count. i.e. No half time adjustments.

I went to the Tampa game and I'm convinced that there was a sluggish approach to the Pre-Season. I'm sure the threat of injuries affected the way these guys played and what Bill expected from them.

i dont think the offense is a concern...defense looks a little unknown considering how they performed with their starting front 7

Ya think? Tom Brady and Randy Moss ease your mind a little? That's good.

Ya think? Tom Brady and Randy Moss ease your mind a little? That's good.
just brady. We scored pts even before moss was here, just became more dynamic with him.
frankly as someone else said, our offense last yr has spoiled us and iam surprised we are speaking about it more like the colts of yesteryears whereas the defense -bend and break version - is probably more frustrating from last yr which hasnt done any better in the preseason as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back