PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Palmer's doctor: "knee injury potentially career-ending," "worse than expected"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at the fulcrum action on Palmer's leg... lower leg being pulled while pushing the knee with the shoulder. No wonder his knee was 'shredded'.

Attachments

• p1_carsonpalmer.jpg
    p1_carsonpalmer.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 75
JoeSixPat said:
Why don't they just give him a bionic leg? I remember back in the 1970s, there was this guy, Steve Austin, who was in a plane crash, and they gave him like a bionic eye and a bionic arm and bionic legs.

I would have to think they've got even better technology by now, don't they?

Yeah, but he cost $6 Million Dollars back then. Can you imagine how much he would cost now? Can you also imagine Carson Palmer jumping in slow motion to really cheesy sound effects?

CTPatsFan said:
Is this injury Willis McGahee/Robert Edwards-type or is it different? Haven't heard those guys' names mentioned and they were devastating. Still feel bad for RE.

In Edward's case I believe one of the big things was that his veins and arteries wound up being shered apart - they were very concerned that he might actually lose the lower leg due to the loss of blood shortly after the injury.

That's very rare and if not for a savvy Doctor who attended to him in Hawaii, he indeed might have had a much more permanent injurty... but I believe some nerve and tissue dammage was done in Edward's case even in the time it took for them to restore bloodflow

McGahee's injury seems more comparable - pretty much a full knee reconstrcution rather than what's now considered a routine ACL surgery... that seems akin to what we're hearing with Palmer.. ACL, MCL, Patella - not to mention the ligaments which wind up getting stretched out.

Carson Palmer's knee injury was "devastating and potentially career-ending," but his surgeon said Thursday that he is optimistic the Cincinnati Bengals quarterback can recover and play next season.

- Orthepedic Surgeon Dr. Lonnie Paulos who performed the surgery

Translation:

I may not have been Palmer's first choice, and I may not be as well known as Doctor Andrews, who would have performed the surgery if he had not just suffered a heart attack, so I want to make you think I am God by first telling you how devastating the injury was, and then in the same breath telling you I fixed it so well that I am optimistic Palmer can play next year.

- Dr. Lonnie Paulos

gomezcat said:
Yeah, but he cost $6 Million Dollars back then. Can you imagine how much he would cost now? Can you also imagine Carson Palmer jumping in slow motion to really cheesy sound effects?
nanananananananana!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back