PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Palm Beach Post: New England will not win the Super Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess in Miami, winning a close games while going 8-0 in the second half of the season, means you're not that good. :rolleyes:

No perfect ending for Pats

By Greg Stoda

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Monday, December 31, 2007

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. — New England will not win the Super Bowl.

The Patriots are a wonderful team, and, if they emerge from the playoffs as champions, would deserve a seat at the table in the NFL's best-ever debate.

But they won't.

The sense of New England's invincibility is diminishing - yes, despite its historic 16-0 record standing as stout argument to the contrary - and, in fact, has been all but torn down four times during the second half of the regular season:

Patriots 24, Colts 20

Patriots 31, Eagles 28

Patriots 27, Ravens 24

Patriots 38, Giants 35

And though the Patriots draw a first-round by as the top-seeded team in the AFC, they are stuck in a bracket stuffed four deep - Indianapolis, Pittsburgh, San Diego and Jacksonville - with formidable potential opponents.

But it says here that the Colts will beat the Patriots in the AFC Championship Game by reversing the score of the first meeting between the teams.

Never will a 17-1 record look so sad.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2007/12/31/a3cc_stoda_1231.html

This douche bag can keep squeezing his buttcheeks together hoping he won't sh## his pants........but he WILL !!!! What a POS homer this jackbag is,.......just like so many "Miami Fans",....if there is such a thing...all fairweather wusses......If SD or Indy comes into our house and beats us....I will be shocked.......

I guess in Miami, winning a close games while going 8-0 in the second half of the season, means you're not that good. :rolleyes:

No perfect ending for Pats

By Greg Stoda

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Monday, December 31, 2007

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. — New England will not win the Super Bowl.

The Patriots are a wonderful team, and, if they emerge from the playoffs as champions, would deserve a seat at the table in the NFL's best-ever debate.

But they won't.

The sense of New England's invincibility is diminishing - yes, despite its historic 16-0 record standing as stout argument to the contrary - and, in fact, has been all but torn down four times during the second half of the regular season:

Patriots 24, Colts 20

Patriots 31, Eagles 28

Patriots 27, Ravens 24

Patriots 38, Giants 35

And though the Patriots draw a first-round by as the top-seeded team in the AFC, they are stuck in a bracket stuffed four deep - Indianapolis, Pittsburgh, San Diego and Jacksonville - with formidable potential opponents.

But it says here that the Colts will beat the Patriots in the AFC Championship Game by reversing the score of the first meeting between the teams.

Never will a 17-1 record look so sad.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2007/12/31/a3cc_stoda_1231.html

The most IDIOTIC article I have ever seen written by a so called sportswriter......He doesn't even know the history of his own f'ing team.....the 72 doofins squeeked by in several games......and this was against a VERY SOFT schedule.....and during a time when almost the whole league was pretty weak......and with ALOT of "politics" by Douche Shula.......who was on the competition committee and was tight with several refs.........many questionable calls allowed them to beat the Bills that year.......this ***bag should get his facts straight.........

Where the mediot is from is of little consequence to me. What this is, and what we've seen lately, is a lot of mistaking close games with Philly, Baltimore and NY as weakness.

It's not weakness. It's strength. This team is rugged. RUGGED. It has proven that much over the season. It has proven that it can get out of SELF DUG holes when it has to. Philly, NY and Baltimore did nothing to beat this team that this team didn't allow to happen. To me, that's a different world than lacking the ability to prevent other teams from having success.

These guys play on a different level come playoff time. The question to me is not whether or not the Patriots can hang with Jax, Indy and SD, it's whether or not those teams can hang with the Pats at The Razor and in January. I'm not so sure.

I'd also note this guy doesn't know his history. The Pats and Colts have met in the playoffs three times since 2003. Each time the regular season result held up in the playoffs. I guess he also missed 2003 and 2004 we won close, ugly games like those almost every week. Furthermore, the Pats have a"bye" not "by".

Last edited:
You think a team who wins a lot of close games will win the Super Bowl? You must be crazy. Now you're gunna try to convince me a team won 3 super bowls by a margin of 3 points each time? You're out of your mind!

Oh, wait....

During the string of blowouts, you'd hear "OK, but what happens when this team faces adversity? Will they panic if they find themselves behind late in the game?" So now we know that this team is equally ferocious with a huge lead and a 4th-quarter deficit. The Palm Beach Post may disagree, but that leaves me feeling mighty good.

Ya can't win. Either the games are too easy or they are close and therefore they aren't playing well. It's crazy. Fortunately, I don't care about the Palm Beach Post. What do they know about my New England Patriots. :rolleyes:

Winning isn't so impressive to those guys, eh? If they aren't *****ing about blowouts, they're *****ing about close games.

OK, they're *****ing is legitimate as soon as they produce the method of determining who won a game besides the score.

Ya can't win. Either the games are too easy or they are close and therefore they aren't playing well. It's crazy. Fortunately, I don't care about the Palm Beach Post. What do they know about my New England Patriots. :rolleyes:

Tis true. The media knows there's an appetite for anti-Pats articles so they continue to feed the appetite.

Palm Beach Post ... there's a sports media giant. :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back