PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Palm Beach Post: New England will not win the Super Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Real World

Reaction score
I guess in Miami, winning a close games while going 8-0 in the second half of the season, means you're not that good. :rolleyes:

No perfect ending for Pats

By Greg Stoda

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Monday, December 31, 2007

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. — New England will not win the Super Bowl.

The Patriots are a wonderful team, and, if they emerge from the playoffs as champions, would deserve a seat at the table in the NFL's best-ever debate.

But they won't.

The sense of New England's invincibility is diminishing - yes, despite its historic 16-0 record standing as stout argument to the contrary - and, in fact, has been all but torn down four times during the second half of the regular season:

Patriots 24, Colts 20

Patriots 31, Eagles 28

Patriots 27, Ravens 24

Patriots 38, Giants 35

And though the Patriots draw a first-round by as the top-seeded team in the AFC, they are stuck in a bracket stuffed four deep - Indianapolis, Pittsburgh, San Diego and Jacksonville - with formidable potential opponents.

But it says here that the Colts will beat the Patriots in the AFC Championship Game by reversing the score of the first meeting between the teams.

Never will a 17-1 record look so sad.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2007/12/31/a3cc_stoda_1231.html

It's the Palm Beach Post. The cumulative IQ of that entire county is not remotely close to that of an average local high school.

That's cool, I had stuff to do next month anyway :rolleyes:

Refresh my memory: the Pats won those games, right?

Are they invincible? Of course not. But using four close games which they won (all from behind) as a reason why they'll lose in the playoffs, whilst disregarding the other 12 blowouts, is duh-umb.

The logic that the Pats will lose simply because while they had no losses there were 4 close wins doesn't really add up with them losing to Indy. After all Indy had 3 losses and 5 close wins of a TD or less.

During the string of blowouts, you'd hear "OK, but what happens when this team faces adversity? Will they panic if they find themselves behind late in the game?" So now we know that this team is equally ferocious with a huge lead and a 4th-quarter deficit. The Palm Beach Post may disagree, but that leaves me feeling mighty good.

if somebody make their decisions by ONLY looking at 4 games, no team is going to win SB.

For example, Colt losts to Pats, Jets, and Titan.

If i were him, i would write more about his 'imperfected' Dolphin season.

Sure, pats did not play well in 4 mentioned games but it doesn't mean that pats can't win SB. Pats has 2 weeks to fix whatever the problems are.

I stop reading sport news because everybody thinks that pats won't make it. The most funny thing is they suggested that Pats rest their starters for SB but we did not do that and we have 16-0 record.

we definitely go for 19-0

Last edited:
if somebody make their decisions by ONLY looking at 4 games, no team is going to win SB.

For example, Colt losts to Pats, Jets, and Titan.

If i were him, i would write more about his 'imperfected' Dolphin season.

Colts lost to San Diego, not the Jets, but I see what you're saying.

umm, u mean titans, pats and chargers....not jets, LOL

The area is noted for its brilliance, like punching holes through butterfly ballots incorrectly.

thank you for correction. It gotta be typos.

i'm glad that you understand what i'm saying.

Should someone gently inform the writer that, after the Eagles and Ravens close shaves, the Patriots had a mere 6 days to get ready for the (then) rampaging 9-2 Pittsburgh Steelers..........and clobbered them 34-13?

The Patriots have the body of War Admiral and the moxy of Sea Biscuit.

Refresh my memory: the Pats won those games, right?

Yes - ergo teams that lost to the Patriots have a better chance of winning. How can this not make sense to you?

Thank goodness the Dolphins aren't in the playoffs. No one would stand any chance against them.

[email protected]

I am wondering if after watching the 07 Dolphins all year, he actually forgot what real football looks like.

instead of criticizing his own team for not doing a good job in this season, he predicted the outcome of pats.

my question for him is did he ever imagine that dolphin team record is 1-15.?

i guess not.

Last edited:
Dumb article. I suppose by their measure, the undefeated season doesn't count because waffles only fly at night?

Dumb article. I suppose by their measure, the undefeated season doesn't count because waffles only fly at night?

Very dumb article. So the Pats are "wavering" by playing some close games in the process of going undefeated. Wow. I'll take a 3-point win anytime.

Should someone gently inform the writer that, after the Eagles and Ravens close shaves, the Patriots had a mere 6 days to get ready for the (then) rampaging 9-2 Pittsburgh Steelers..........and clobbered them 34-13?

The Patriots have the body of War Admiral and the moxy of Sea Biscuit.

And don't forget Bill's favorite - the heart of Secretariat. When they necropsied that sucker his heart was three times normal size! And we all know how he performed in a three game championship stretch.

well, that settles it for me. darn, i thought we were going to win the Superbowl!:rolleyes:

Palm Beach Post.

First off, who posted this??? Please are you looking for something???

The Palm Beach Post, you have got to be joking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes