Welcome to PatsFans.com

Palin's kids are the devil??

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by TBradyOwnsYou, Nov 17, 2010.

1. TBradyOwnsYou

TBradyOwnsYou Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Sarah Palin's daughters accused of using homophobic slurs in online argument - Telegraph

Wow. A 16 year old called someone else on the internet a 'faggot'. Oh noes! Alert the mediaz!...
    There are 2 things I take from this.
    #1. Sarah Palin does not teach her kids proper grammar.
    #2. telegraph.co.uk also fails at grammar as they missed a [sic] for the middle 'your'.
  2. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I'd add that talking about ones family doesnt classify you as a "Faggot", so she seems to not understand the word's definition.

Which is "A bundle of Sticks" as we all know.

faggot1 esp US, fagot [ˈfægət]
    n
    1. a bundle of sticks or twigs, esp when bound together and used as fuel
    2. (Engineering / Metallurgy) a bundle of iron bars, esp a box formed by four pieces of wrought iron and filled with scrap to be forged into wrought iron
    3. (Cookery) a ball of chopped meat, usually pork liver, bound with herbs and bread and eaten fried
    4. a bundle of anything

In all seriousness, kids of political figures, should both watch what they put out there, and also be off limits to the pundits. This girl is a kid, and kids say the darndest things.
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
  3. tehmackdaddy

tehmackdaddy Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This would explain a lot. :yeeha:
  4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +456 / 6 / -2

Can we leave the kids of politicians alone please. Sheesh.
  5. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Tell it to their parents.
  6. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +538 / 9 / -4

#24 Jersey

We probably could - if the politician parents left them alone, also.

There's a clip from Palin's reality Alaska show being shown on some of the news channels where the 16 year old, Willow, sneaks a boy upstairs to her bedroom and Sarah yells up the stairs, "Hey, see this gate here? This isn't just for Trig. This means "no boys allowed upstairs, too,"" and she starts laughing. Teenage kids really do not need their lives being filmed for millions of people to watch. I'm a bit suspicious of any parent who allows this to happen. That goes from Kate + her "8" to Palin and her brood, too.

Bristol now has a safe sex/abstinance commercial on PBS in which The Situation (of all people) co-stars. I realize she's 20 now, and no longer a child, but it's still putting the child of a politician in the limelight - and capitalizing on it.

The commercial is a strange one. I'm never quite sure how to take it when someone who has an illigitimate child comes out and tells others to avoid having one. It's almost like saying, "God, I regret this," or, "Don't do this and end up like me," and I wonder what sort of message that will send to the child later on in life.

It's hard, I know, but most mothers in the same situation that I know wouldn't undo it for anything - nor would we ever let our children think that we regretted it or that we'd do it over differently if we had the choice.

Sometimes you make a mistake and you just suck it up and deal. Whatever you do, it feels icky to me to say things that the child might take as wishing you hadn't done it - and once he or she thinks you wish you hadn't it's going to make him/her feel responsible for every crappy thing that ever happens to you.
  7. Kid~Brady

Kid~Brady Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

#1. Sarah Palin does not teach her kids proper grammar.

Umm, last i remembered, she barely knew proper grammer herself. Sometimes i could'nt believe some of the things she would say and think she was smart. She even made words up, seriously?
  8. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +546 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

As if 95% of American teenagers actually use proper grammar, especially in an online environment. :rolleyes:

Jeezus, I think Palin's a dummy, but this is about as trifling as it gets. American political discourse gets more stupid by the minute apparently. Congratulations, partisans.
  9. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +226 / 6 / -7

Why would you defend that behavior? It's wrong to use such words. For kids who are struggling with their sexuality, when people use the word gay in a negative context or use the word faggot, it marginalizes them. Certainly, the child of a leader should be more sensitive to the hurt that words can cause. Imagine how a gay kid might feel when he hears his peers use those words.
  10. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Can you give us some examples...with links, if you don't mind.
    btw-You forgot to capitalize "I".
    btw-You misspelled grammar.
    btw- Apostrophe goes between n and t on couldn't.
    btw- "She even made words up." is a complete sentence.
    btw- I can't take you as an authority on good grammar.
  11. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +174 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

I don't think I've ever seen the obsession with one person as the left has for Sarah Palin. They must be afraid of her and I don't know why.

I've never watched a reality show and hopefully never will. Wasting my time on football sites is bad enough.

There was a movie out a while ago I think it was the Truman Show. That movie was ahead of it's time. I didn't like that movie either.:cool:
  12. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +72 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Speaking of Bristol Palin some guy shot his tv set, He was upset by her dancing. She must be really bad.

Man shoots TV over Bristol Palin dance on 'Dancing with the Stars' | masslive.com

ADISON, Wis. — Authorities say a 67-year-old rural Wisconsin man enraged over Bristol Palin's "Dancing with the Stars" routine blasted his television with a shotgun, leading to an overnight standoff with a SWAT team.

A Dane County Sheriff's detective says in court documents that Steven Cowan, of the town of Vermont, felt Palin was not a good dancer and was only on the show because of her famous mother.
  13. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

"The numbers keep going down every time she makes an appearance -- her popularity numbers. You have to keep track of those. The more you see her, the less you like her, and overexposure is something the Democrats have to pray for. ... Plus the fact that they can bank on the timidity of most men, who are so absolutely spooked by feminism that they are afraid to criticize her."

-Conservative commentator Liz Trotta on FOX News

"With all due candor, appearing on your own reality show on the Discovery Channel, I am not certain how that fits in the American calculus of 'that helps me see you in the Oval Office"

-Karl Rove
  14. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +927 / 8 / -19

#87 Jersey

"Yo' [sic] so's gay. Slap mah fro! ah' have no idea who ya' are, But whut I've seen pictures of, yo' disgustin'." She added, dig dis: "Quit rappin' ---- about mah' family. Slap mah fro!" Accusin' him uh bein' jealous uh ha' family's success, she added, dig dis: "Yo' [sic] such some faggots".
  15. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

What do they say about people in glass houses throwing stones?????
  16. Real World

Ratings:
    +456 / 6 / -2

What is that supposed to mean? So if you run for office, it's ok for people to drag your kids, their lives, their every move, and whatever else they do, through the press? It's no wonder no one with an ounce of sense ever runs for office.
  17. Real World

Ratings:
    +456 / 6 / -2

My wife watches that show all the time, as do I for the few minutes that a hot chic is dancing, and Bristol is HORRENDOUS!
  18. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +72 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

I think it means that Palin keeps putting her kids out there so they're far game.
  19. Real World

Ratings:
    +456 / 6 / -2

Her and Karl Rove do not get along, and I'm on Palins side with this one. Karl Rove is the devil's spawn. He's scum. He's like any party driven political POS. He cares about nothing more than his team winning, and he'd sell his children if it helped him do so. Karl Rove is the epitomy of the establishment.
  20. Real World

Ratings:
    +456 / 6 / -2

I'll forever stay away from the kids of politicians, cuz the BS isn't something they ask for. Plus, all politicians include their families in campaign spots, because they want to show that they are family people. We saw it here in Massachusetts during the goverors race, and we see it all the time in just about every election. I just think it's best to let kids be kids. Could you imagine what it would be like to have a parent running for national office in todays age, when you were 15-25? That would be a nightmare.