Welcome to PatsFans.com

Palin's Church speaker: "God's judgment on Jews"

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsFanInVa, Sep 3, 2008.

1. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +730 / 11 / -7

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0908/13098.html

Old girl's church invites the leader of "Jews for Jesus" to preach...

He describes terrorist attacks on Israelis as God's "judgment of unbelief" against steadfast (i.e., non-Christian) Jews.

By the way, no intention of drawing the cult guys out of the woodwork. It's a simple matter of what effect this has after the right trying so hard to cultivate a Jewish vote. Hey Lieberman... PSYCH!

PFnV

2. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

look away! look away!

... <reverend wright!!>

nothing to see here!!

... <Obama bashes infants with baseball bats!!>

please stand back!

3. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +107 / 9 / -14

#37 Jersey

Let me know when he wants to kill us, like Wright and Farrakhan.

4. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +352 / 15 / -12

Ah, you're reduced to making up lies, or am I wrong? Can you provide a link showing that Wright wants to kill Jews? Or are you simply stereotyping the black left with a racist lie? As far as Farrakhan goes, did he even say he wants to kill Jews, and besides I think the only think Obama has in common with him is that they were both honored by the same magazine. But, it's worth pointing out:

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/politicalintelligence/2008/01/obama_distances.html

"I decry racism and anti-Semitism in every form and strongly condemn the anti-Semitic statements made by Minister Farrakhan," Obama said in a statement released by his aides. "I assume that Trumpet Magazine made its own decision to honor Farrakhan based on his efforts to rehabilitate ex-offenders, but it is not a decision with which I agree."

Abraham H. Foxman, ADL's national director, welcomed Obama's words.

"Issues of racism and anti-Semitism must be beyond the bounds of politics," Foxman said in a statement. "When someone close to a political figure shows sympathy and support for an individual who makes his name espousing bigotry, that political figure needs to distance himself from that decision. Senator Obama has done just that."

5. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

He called Judaism a 'gutter religion" and called "Hitler a great man". Do you need bread crumbs to follow the path? Like the experience of slavery in the African-American community, the Holocaust is burned into the consciousness of Jews worldwide and we're not naive to those who dehumanize as a prelude to another attempted Holocaust. Look at Iran's leader for the playbook......

6. PatsFanInEaglesLand

Ratings:
    +107 / 9 / -14

#37 Jersey

7. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +352 / 15 / -12

I have no admiration for Farrakhan, but I don't think he ever said he wanted to kill Jews, and in his warped defense of Hitler he did say, according to the Wikipedia entry on Farrakhan, "Now I'm not proud of Hitler's evil toward Jewish people."

Farrakhan is certainly anti-Semitic (though he has toned that down some) and anti-Zionist, but I don't think he has advocated the killing of Jews.

8. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

TheGodInAGreyHoodie Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

Perspective please!

David Brickner is a loon, a Christian, and an anti-Semite.

But he was a guest speaker at her church. He wasn't the regular minister. So as long she hasn't endorsed the position taken by the guest speaker, I don't see the slightest of issue. (She should be asked about it, and if she disagrees with him, thats it)

Lets stick to real issues:

Her support of the secessionists as evidenced by her addressing their convention.

Troopergate. Using your power as governor to try to get your ex-bother-in-law fired because of a custody battle with your sister and then firing his boss because he would not follow your illegal whim is abuse of power.

Her daughter's pregnancy, this, her refueling visit of Ireland, just dilutes her real flaws and looks like mud slinging. There is real flaws with her being vp. Lets just stick to those.

9. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +308 / 9 / -12

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/127445

PFiVA interesting to see a jew supporting the same candidate as Hamas...

10. PatsFanInEaglesLand

Ratings:
    +107 / 9 / -14

#37 Jersey

11. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +730 / 11 / -7

LMAO at you guys.

PFIEL, I had no idea that you were one of my people, and unlike the other right-winger who has so self-identified on this forum, you are not actually a Christian who likes the sound of Hebrew.

Now, as I understand it, I am what's called a "Jon Stewart Jew." I was never aware he'd made it to his own branch of Judaism; I grew up with the understanding that overseas, you generally have the choice of liberal (reform) and orthodox. Here, we also have conservative and reconstructionist. And of course there are always kabbalists. I don't consider so-called "Jews for Jesus" any branch of Judaism, and neither do other steadfast Jews... but where does "Jon Stewart Judaism" fit on this spectrum?

As for the rest of youze - the pertinent bit of Barack Obama's associations is his reaction to the reality of anti-Semitism. As Patters quoted, he does not continue those associations.

Now, it's your turn, right-wingers: Demand that Sarah Palin denounce Jews for Jesus, for their attempt to expropriate the culture of a people, their cult tactics, and their claim that God is "judging" steadfast Jews for their failure to embrace Christianity -- by killing Jews in the streets of Israel.

Has Sarah Palin denounced Brickner and Jews for Jesus? When will she do so?

Or are you, PFIEL, in favor of Brickner's read of middle eastern terrorism?

Interesting that Palin's failings must be matched by Obama's appropriate behavior, i.e., distancing himself from the culprits.

So, PFIEL, you should be writing Palin letters and demanding that she stop supporting and associating with anti-semites.

Thanks, right wing loons, for your always comical reactions,

PFnV

Last edited: Sep 3, 2008
  12. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

TheGodInAGreyHoodie Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

Like you I am a Jew and will be voting for Obama. I have many reason for not liking McCain and Palin. But based on what little I know of her, I at this point have no suspicions she is an anti-semite.