Welcome to PatsFans.com

Palin to Stump for Conservative Democrats

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsFanInVa, Jul 12, 2009.

1. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +566 / 8 / -8

Palin Says She'll Stump for Conservative Democrats - ABC News

Oops! I've done it again... given Palin air time!!!

Well, maybe she's not as dumb as she makes herself look. Seems she's intent on making Dems look like idiots by association with her too.

I wonder if these Dems will be asked whether they want her "help"?

:singing::singing::singing:

PFnV

2. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Hmm, with all that's happened I think Dems will say thanks but no thanks. The funny thing is in AK they supported her for going after republican corruption but have turned on her for being so partisan since. Maybe Sarah figures she used to have her bread buttered by Dems and needs them back now. She's anything but a main stream politician that's for sure. Now republicans are turning on her so she's become a girl without a country or State to be more precise. Seriously, I think she switched strategies to serve the country. i don't think she quit. With all the frivolous ethics charges there is no way she could continue to be effective as governor. I dunno, though I think she would be a disater as a president or VP there's something refreshing about her. Maybe it's that she isn't a run of the mill politician. I'm sick of run of the mill politicians.

3. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +566 / 8 / -8

I'm really interested in your "why I like Sarah" piece in the above post, 42, no dig coming or intended. Obviously our opinions are probably different but that was pretty straightforward and helps me "get" Palin fans.

I disagree w/you on a number of counts, mainly earlier on in your post -

1) this notion that the ethics charges are "frivolous." They're not. She's not going with "government as usual," and doing things like charging a per diem to live (and work) in her own house. Come on now.

2) I think the idea that she'll stump with any conservative Dems who'll have her is more a set-up than anything. "Look look I reached across the aisle and none of them would give me the time of day..." (I'd put money on her using that line or something similar in the future.)

I'd say she has the option right now of being anything but quiet or an elected official. I don't think Americans or Alaskans will vote for her after quitting the first time. Maybe, maybe not; 3 years is an eternity in politics. I could see her winning a Republican primary maybe at the congressional level? Hell, my dream would be her getting the Republican presidential nomination in '12.

But she probably wants to make some cash, soak up some friendly audiences, and/or get herself into the media full time, as someone who bashes the media.

The one thing I don't think she can do is go away. That pretty much pulls the plug on all her options. She'll be putting herself in front of anything with a lens on it for at least 3 years, and I'm lovin' it!

PFnV

4. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

So far of the 19 ethics charges (2 new ones this weekend so far, two hours to go so stay tuned)15 have been dismissed and the last 4 are pending. They go after her like NEPatriot goes after Obama. Enough is enough.

I can't blame her for quitting but I understand that many are disappointed and many are happy as they now have another angle to ridicule her for.
    The partisan spin is that she is greedy and just wants money but she has a large family, has been ruined financially and she cannot be effective any longer as governor. She's a blue colar, Teddy Rosevelt self made woman type and I admire her for that. When she first came on the scene(convention speech) I was excited that maybe we finally had a fresh new voice to lead the republican party for the future. Obviously she wasn't ready for prime time.

That said I have never seen such a rabid response where anything goes to defeat her. It's non stop and always "justified". Don't confuse my defense of the attacks with the belief I think that she's presidential material. I think she's genuine and I wish her well. She reached across the aisle before she was tapped and then she was sent out to be the attack dog. Well there went that benefit. In front of cameras? They bait her to do so and she keeps falling for it. This is a football message board so I'll use this anology. You ever notice when an opponet takes a cheap shot and our guy retaliates? Our guy is the one that gets the flag.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2009
  5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +668 / 2 / -9

The left wing liberal democrats have got a lot of nerve going after Palin the way they do with some of the Creepy Skanks they've got in their club.

What in the name of God could be worse than Hillary/Pelosi/Boxer, typing their names makes me want to puke,.

6. atomdomb

atomdomb Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

okay, one more time before bed.

[​IMG]

stay tuned for more failure.

7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +373 / 11 / -28

The quitting thing will make her a target in the future, she quit 3 colleges.. quit a prestigious appointment on an Alaskan Energy Board by then Sen.Murkowski and now this.. one could say that the only thing she did not quit was her family and small town politics... maybe that is a good thing, but on the big stage it may adversely effect her.

OTOH you cannot be baited unless you allow yourself to be baited... she needs to drop the attack dog stance, with a bit more intelligence.. this along with the bad media thing is very sickening, all of this makes great campaign slogans..

McCain and his staff only compounded the problem, they seemed to overtly contribute to her demise.. some very strategic leaks..