Welcome to PatsFans.com

Palin: the gift that keeps on giving

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +358 / 15 / -12

I have no idea if it's true, but it's sure entertaining. I'm starting to like McCain's choice of Palin.

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/09/03/politics/fromtheroad/entry4413030.shtml

John McCain’s campaign threatened legal action against the National Enquirer today for running a story about McCain’s running mate, Sarah Palin, allegedly having an affair with her husband’s business partner.

“The smearing of the Palin family must end. The allegations contained on the cover of the National Enquirer insinuating that Gov. Palin had an extramarital affair are categorically false. It is a vicious lie,” said McCain senior adviser Steve Schmidt.

2. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

was it the National Enquirer that broke the John Edwards story?

Either way, this lady probably didn't know what she was getting into when she said yes to a man shehad met twice to join his ticket....

3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +606 / 17 / -16

#24 Jersey

Who needs truth anyway ?

The editor of US Magazine was just on TV and the reference to "Lies" on the Palin cover refers to Lies that Patters, et al, spread about the coverup on who Trig was born to (newsflash, it WAS Sarah). Of course, a lot more people see the cover than read the article and it looks like they're saying Palin lied.

Even Liberals cannot possibly like this. Well, I guess they can. I hope she kicks their asses tonight.

4. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +309 / 9 / -12

Reminds me of the Wellstone memorial when the rats went over the edge in an ugly and distasteful way...

If her speech is good tonight this could backfire.

5. Patters

Ratings:
    +358 / 15 / -12

I could have sworn a couple weeks ago during the Edwards scandal, many of you were praising the National Enquirer. Certainly, I saw on right wing sites comments about how the National Enquirer was willing to report things that the MSM covered up.

I have no idea if the National Enquirer story is true, but I would trust them at least as much as I'd trust Drudge, who many of you admired for first reporting the Clinton scandal. What goes around comes around. Regardless, though, Palin has a lot of ground to make up tonight even if this story is not true.

6. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +606 / 17 / -16

#24 Jersey

Of course she does, it's tough to wade through all these lies. For the love of God, I can't imagine why you Liberals like this.

Oh - and even if it's true I'd take an affair and pot over Obama's cocaine use.

7. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +309 / 9 / -12

I remember the MSM waiting for proof, not the case her, actually I heard the MSM say Edwards affair was 'common knowledge'

Certainly no usch restraint among the MSM this week. Conservative woman or minority no proof required.

8. Patters

Ratings:
    +358 / 15 / -12

Bush did cocaine too. Don't you realize yet how degenerate and corrupt the Republican Party has become? You may not like the Democrats and you may hate our ideas, but you have to get your house in order, in my opinion. The reason I think some of us enjoy this is because of lingering resent over what we perceive as a corrupt campaign against Bill Clinton, a stolen election from Gore, and a below-the-belt campaign against Kerry. From my perspective, at least, the Republican Party brought this upon itself because it was unethical. The other thing is, I know that elections are like football games, and just because Obama leads by seven now, we're not even through the first quarter yet.

9. Patters

Ratings:
    +358 / 15 / -12

The MSM reported this only because the McCain campaign issued a statement. My guess is that the McCain campaign did that to draw attention to this scandal because it's not true, and by drawing attention to the scandal it might allow them to say that the Democrats are being very cruel. On the other hand, most of the only cruelty is where it usually is, in the blogosphere. Obama, Biden, and other leading Democrats are condemning this crap in forceful terms.

10. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +606 / 17 / -16

#24 Jersey

Fine, don't vote for Bush then :confused:

11. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Do you touch yourself while to read about this type of stuff? You seem a little to happy to be dragging another person through the gutter. Very tellin of your compationate nature. :singing:

You knew the NE was gonna jump into the fray. I'm supprised the accusation is this lame.

12. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

It's interesting that you won't hold your ideological allies here to the same accountability when they loft baseless smears at Obama...

Last edited: Sep 3, 2008
  13. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Go check my chart in the other thread. You'll actually be suprised my my ideological allies.

The NE story is razor thin......... particulatly the affair thing. Check the article out, it's out there. It's a passing mention, at most a paragraph and VERY THING.

That's pretty thin stuff. The meat of the story is.

Her affidavit is already available. They are reaching on the Wooten thing. When it gets out, he'll end up looking like the d!ck. He did tasor is 10 year old stepson. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]
    Don't taz me Bro

Last edited: Sep 3, 2008
  14. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

TheGodInAGreyHoodie Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

The new McCain motto:

"If you can't say something nice about Sarah Palin, we will sue you."

15. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +606 / 17 / -16

#24 Jersey

I think the point is, there's a lot of people who don't like her so you have to be careful relying on "close" sources.

16. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

Alaska is a small state populationwise. And I could have sworn I heard the republican claiming she had an 80% approval rating in her home state. So that is a pretty short enemies list.

Although NE isn't the Wall Street Journal or NYT, they usually get stuff right. They will run with a story with little less proof than a lot media (but with still higher standards than Tomasse) More often than not their scandels are on target but they ussually got to print a before other media outlets have enough to go to print. For example John Edwards. They get a bad rap because folks lump them in with weekly world news and the star.

They are more credible than Redstate, Daily Kos or Drudge. With the first two being the sources for a lot of stuff posted here.

17. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +606 / 17 / -16

#24 Jersey

Her approval is a little lower than that right now but that's irrelevant, there's a lot of people who don't like her and would love to get her and that's got nothing to do with her approval rating.

I agree with you that the Enquirer tends to have basis in fact more than people realize but they also take basic truths and slant them a lot; also they have to be real careful here as a lot of Palin's enemies are people who could seem to be close to her.

18. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

Any atty's who specialize in defamation want to explain this one to me.

NE publishes story that Palin has an extramartial affair with her husband's business partner.

And the McCain campaign is going to sue. On what theory? Defamation? Does he have standing? Any harm to John McCain or the campaign is ancillary at best as it only reflects on their decision making.

She might have a claim, but I can not imagine McCain or the campaign. And as she is now vp candidate have a pretty high burden to meet, like they totally made it up or they knew the source was lying. (I don't recall the exact test, I think it was close to that.)

If anybody has a shot at winning I would think it is the husband's business partner as he is a private person.