Welcome to PatsFans.com

Palin still supports $600 million 'other' bridge project

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Seymour93, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Seymour93

Seymour93 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Looks like Queen Palin is already an entrenched member of the Good Old Boys and Gals Club...

Palin supports $600 million 'other' bridge project - USATODAY.com

ANCHORAGE (AP) β€” Gov. Sarah Palin may eventually have said "no thanks" to a federally funded Bridge to Nowhere.

But a bridge to her hometown of Wasilla, that's a different story.

A $600 million bridge and highway project to link Alaska's largest city to Palin's town of 7,000 residents is moving full speed ahead, despite concerns the bridge could worsen some commuting and threaten a population of beluga whales.

Local officials already have spent $42 million on plans to route traffic across the Knik Arm inlet, a narrow finger of water extending roughly 25 miles northeast of Anchorage toward Wasilla. The proposal exists thanks to an earmark request by Republican Rep. Don Young, whose son-in-law has a small stake in property near the bridge's proposed western span.

[...]

At the time, Palin's running mate for the Republican ticket, Arizona Sen. John McCain, derided both projects as wasteful. He called Young's highway bill a "monstrosity" that was "terrifying in its fiscal consequences."

"I want no part of this," McCain said in a July 2005 statement. "This legislation is not β€” I emphasize not β€” my way of legislating."

• Like Like x 1
  2. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +458 / 10 / -7

#91 Jersey

At the time, Palin's running mate for the Republican ticket, Arizona Sen. John McCain, derided both projects as wasteful. He called Young's highway bill a "monstrosity" that was "terrifying in its fiscal consequences."

"I want no part of this," McCain said in a July 2005 statement. "This legislation is not β€” I emphasize
    not β€” my way of legislating."

Yeah but that was THEN this is NOW. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2008
  3. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

Hey, You cant say that!!!! Mccain is a POW. And Palin is a woman you sexist pig!!!!!!!!!! Stop dismissing and deriding her because of her gender!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2008
  4. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,971 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

Alaska has a growing economy and lousy infrastructure. there's going to be more spending than just that bridge ... so what? Not every infrastructure project is bad. We've got a big one going on in Rhode Island right now with our 195 bridge relocation project ... people are working and it builds the infrastructure for the future.

5. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +458 / 10 / -7

#91 Jersey

I believe the point is its called:

Flip flopping! ;)

6. Turk

Turk Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

In other words, McCain could not have been more wrong.
    Because it seems to me that one of them would have to be wrong on this issue.

"At the time, Palin's running mate for the Republican ticket, Arizona Sen. John McCain, derided both projects as wasteful. He called Young's highway bill a "monstrosity" that was "terrifying in its fiscal consequences."

"I want no part of this," McCain said in a July 2005 statement. "This legislation is not β€” I emphasize not β€” my way of legislating."

7. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,971 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

the accusations and flip-flopping have reached such an intense level that we need the debates now to sort this all out. Seriously, that is why they hurl all these insults and attacks ... so they don't have to answer to the real questions.

How many days until election day :bricks:

8. Turk

Turk Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Debates?
    So that we can get the real answers?
    Are you kidding me, FBN?

Did you watch Charlie interview Palin?
    Did she give one straight, honest answer to any of the direct questions? Even when confronted and exposed?

These two are an embarrassment to the Mid-West Republicans that were the party of hard-working, self-reliant, straight-talking, neighborly, Heartland Americans. Maybe not as much as the current administration, because that is and will hopefully always be tough to beat, but still an embarrassment.