Welcome to PatsFans.com

Palin Slapping Obama Around

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +537 / 2 / -9

Go Get Him Sarah, "Gosh, You Betcha, Darn, Swell. Moose Meat & Snow Shoes".........................:rocker:

Sarah Palin is hammering President Obama for putting unprecedented limits on the use of U.S. nuclear weapons, comparing him to a kid in a playground who is asking for a punch in the face.

"It's unbelievable. Unbelievable," said Palin on Wednesday evening while appearing on Sean Hannity's Fox News program. "No administration in America's history would, I think, ever have considered such a step that we just found out President Obama is supporting today. It's kinda like getting out there on a playground, a bunch of kids, getting ready to fight, and one of the kids saying, 'Go ahead, punch me in the face and I'm not going to retaliate. Go ahead and do what you want to with me.'

"No, it's unacceptable," she continued. "This is another thing that the American public, the more that they find out, what is a part of this agenda, they are going to rise up and they are going to say 'no more.' National security, national defense is the No. 1 job of the federal government."
    Palin Says Obama's Nuke Stance Is Like a Kid Who Says 'Punch Me in the Face' - The Note
  2. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +60 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

What a dumbazz palin is, only rubes with no teeth would buy that....so when was the last time you saw your dentist Harry. :bricks:
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
  3. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +515 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

Well, nobody but her beloved Ronald Reagan, of course....but maybe she didn't know that.

That term ``peaceful use of nuclear energy'' is key. Our agreement rests upon important principles of nonproliferation. Neither of our countries will encourage nuclear proliferation nor assist any other country to acquire or develop any nuclear explosive device.

We live in a troubled world, and the United States and China, as two great nations, share a special responsibility to help reduce the risks of war. We both agree that there can be only one sane policy to preserve our precious civilization in this modern age: A nuclear war cannot be won and must never be fought. And no matter how great the obstacles may seem, we must never stop our efforts to reduce the weapons of war. We must never stop at all until we see the day when nuclear arms have been banished from the face of this Earth.

president reagan's remarks at fudan university in shanghai, china, 1984

With the USS Ronald Reagan in Santa Barbara, it is worth reflecting on Ronald Reagan’s legacy with regard to nuclear weapons. According to his wife, Nancy, “Ronnie had many hopes for the future, and none were more important to America and to mankind than the effort to create a world free of nuclear weapons.”

President Reagan was a nuclear abolitionist. He believed that the only reason to have nuclear weapons was to prevent the then Soviet Union from using theirs. Understanding this, he argued in his 1984 State of the Union Address, “A nuclear war cannot be won and must never be fought. The only value in our two nations possessing nuclear weapons is to make sure they will never be used. But then would it not be better to do away with them entirely?”

Ronald Reagan regarded nuclear weapons, according to Nancy, as “totally irrational, totally inhumane, good for nothing but killing, possibly destructive of life on earth and civilization.”

Ronald Reagan: A Nuclear Abolitionist

But wait....she idolized him - she studied him - hell, she's even channeled him.

It was Ronald Reagan who said that freedom is always just one generation away from extinction. We don’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream; we have to fight for it and protect it, and then hand it to them so that they shall do the same, or we’re going to find ourselves spending our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children about a time in America, back in the day, when men and women were free.

Raising the white flag of surrender — to Medicare - Paul Krugman Blog - NYTimes.com

From Going Rogue:

In Going Rogue, Palin indicates that she displayed an early interest in the ideas and leadership style of President Reagan while she was still in college. “I looked forward to every poli sci lecture,” she writes, “I attributed my enthusiasm to patriotism and a fascination with current events. I was also eager because this was the 1980s and our study centered on one of the most inspiring individuals ever to occupy the White House, Pres. Ronald W. Reagan.”

“I also appreciated his focus on a handful of overarching themes, such as reining in the intrusiveness of government, building a strong national defense, and cutting taxes.”

Consistent with the examples of other charismatic leaders, Palin indicates how she drew confidence from Reagan’s example: “It was a humbling experience to step in to lead an administration that would serve a state of this size and diversity,” she writes, “ I knew we could face the challenge with anticipation and without a sense of overload that we observed Ronald Reagan’s principles: pick your agenda issues and focus on those; empower and motivate your departments and staff to implement your vision in other areas. Reagan concentrated on a few key issues and knocked them out of the park. That gave him the political capital to effect change in many other policy areas.”

Palin Hearts Reagan: Her Success Shows Why It Mattered to Alaskans

I guess she skipped class the day Reagan and Gorbachev tried and failed:

In 1986, President Reagan and Secretary General Gorbachev met for a summit in Reykjavik, Iceland. In a remarkable quirk of history, the two men shared a vision of a world free of nuclear weapons. Despite the concerns of their aides, they came close to achieving agreement on this most important of issues. The sticking point was that President Reagan saw his Strategic Defense Initiative (missile defenses) as being essential to the plan, and Gorbachev couldn’t accept this (even though Reagan promised to share the US missile defense system with the then Soviet Union). Gorbachev wanted missile defense development to be restricted to the laboratory for ten years. Reagan couldn’t accept this.

The two leaders came heartbreakingly close to ending the era of nuclear weapons, but in the end they couldn’t achieve their mutual goal. As a result, nuclear weapons have proliferated and remain a danger to all humanity. Today, we face the threat of terrorists gaining possession of nuclear weapons, and wreaking massive destruction on the cities of powerful nations. There can be no doubt that had Reagan and Gorbachev succeeded, the US and the world would be much safer, and these men would be remembered above all else for this achievement.

Sarah may think she's slapping Obama around (and people like Harry may believe her when she says so) but what she's actually doing is nothing more than displaying her own ignorance - fortunately for people who like her, there seems to be a never-ending abundance of it - so she'll probably be around to entertain people for a long time.
  4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Harry loves Sarah! Harry loves Sarah!!....:rocker:

Read this, and I mean READ THIS ARTICLE! You will begin to believe what a lying scumbag this broad is:

..."Ronald Reagan, once said that nuclear weapons were "totally irrational, totally inhumane, good for nothing but killing, possibly destructive of life on earth and civilization." Indeed, while he irked his detractors for years over a seemingly endless arms buildup, Reagan was, by his own telling, firmly committed to the abolition of nuclear weapons."

"[F]or the eight years I was president," he wrote in his memoirs, "I never let my dream of a nuclear-free world fade from my mind."

Giuliani's Obama-Nuke Critique Defies And Ignores Reagan

There is an entire book on the subject: "Ronald Reagan and His Quest to Abolish Nuclear Weapons."

[​IMG]

When are people like you going to wake the f$%K up to the truth about this anti-American moron?
  5. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +60 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Im surprized rudy didn't say NINE ELEVEEN to collect his quarter.
  6. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

7. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +537 / 2 / -9

Just mention Sarah, that gets them fired up.........................:rofl:

The left has shrieking screaming Pant Suit Hillary

The right has Snowshoe Sarah

My Dog Is Better Than Your Dog
  8. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

No, goofball.
    I'm just stunned at the amount of people who buy her garbage and they're the same idiots who say all politicians are full of crap, yet they...

...awww, nevahmind!
  9. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +151 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

So far as Obama goes, whatever it is, she's against it. :confused:Still, she's got people nervous whether you want to admit it or not. For example I was watching MSNBC this morning and they felt compelled to announce that Tina Fey will be on SNL this weekend to do some Palin routines.
  10. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

So harry, did you bother to read the link I posted?

Do I have to even ask?
  11. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +151 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

LOL, he needs to recover. That must have been a big one for him and he's not what he used to be you know:p
  12. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

wow! you see some kind of conspiracy????I'll get to my people at SNL and inform them of this ASAP.

(cough-cough)

NBC and MSNBC are the same freakin network!!!!!

they tend to, you know, cross-promote their shows....
  13. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +515 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

That's right, Harry....and just mention actual history or the truth in conjunction with anything Sarah has to say that gets your knickers in an excited bunch and what happens?

Oh, that's right.....nothing.

What can happen? The only defense you've got is arf-arf, woof-woof, my doggy's bigger than your doggy, pantsuit hilary and snow-cute sarah babble.

Sarah (and you) need to learn that the best defense is a good offense - and maybe, just maybe, know what you're talking about before you open your mouth and insert your snowshoe half way down your windpipe.

If Sarah ever gives up (or is laughed out of) politics and reality shows and Fox News appearances she can always get a job writing history textbooks in Texas. She's a natural for the job.
  14. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +60 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Better yet she could sell Mary Kay.....She could be a stay at home grand ma.
  15. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +151 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

I know it's the same network and considered that. I just thought it was amusing that the morning news program was giving their audience the heads up. They don't announce other SNL guests on Morning Joe from what I've seen.
  16. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +537 / 2 / -9

I by no means buy "her garbage" I have said a million times on this forum that she is going nowhere politically what amuses me is how she can RILE UP the left wing media, If Sarah Palin were to step out onto a stage and say the words "Rain Tomorrow" the left wing media would go insane, half of the staff at NBC would all run to their shrinks, Mush Mouth Matthews would have a massive stroke and then drown in his own drool...........................:rofl:

If you want to scare the sh!t out of a Liberal sneak up behind them and yell "SARAH PALIN".............................................................:rocker:
  17. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +875 / 6 / -16

#87 Jersey

18. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +264 / 10 / -26

Harry did you read the new policy, for such a peacenik thought you might like it...

Of course you remember growing up with the nuke threat in the 50's.. personally do not want to repeat that or have my grandchildren do it either..

Sarah and Michelle the azz clowns of the right.. too bad people listen to them and do not check if it is true or not..

Obama calls nuke terrorism the top threat to US - Yahoo! News

19. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

YouTube - MORNING JOE - HILLARY, TED DANSON, RUSSERT, & SAT NIGHT LIVE

YouTube - Scarborough on SNL: MSNBC 10/24/08

YouTube - Hillary Clinton recalls SNL parody: Does Obama want pillow?

The list goes on and on....

SNL is a staple of political commnetary...it makes news.
  20. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +151 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

There's a big difference. Many news programs show highlights from these shows. That's obvious and is very regular during campaigns. I might be wrong but I've never seen it crawl across the bottom of the screen next to important news stories like the mining disaster or the nuke agreement with Russia before.