Welcome to PatsFans.com

Palin should bow out for the good her her country

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

Kathleen Parker is a reliable conservative columnist, but really if judgment is an issue, can we expect McCain to be man enough to admit he used poor judgment in selecting Palin? I don't think so. He'd probably blame Clinton ;)

Palin Problem by Kathleen Parker on National Review Online

As we’ve seen and heard more from John McCain’s running mate, it is increasingly clear that Palin is a problem. Quick study or not, she doesn’t know enough about economics and foreign policy to make Americans comfortable with a President Palin should conditions warrant her promotion.

Palin’s recent interviews with Charles Gibson, Sean Hannity, and now Katie Couric have all revealed an attractive, earnest, confident candidate. Who Is Clearly Out Of Her League.
  2. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -0

#61 Jersey

I don't think there's much to worry about here. Independent voters tend to be pretty discerning folks. While McCain might have wooed back the staunch righties by tabbing Palin, he pretty much sealed his doom with the undecideds. While there's much about Palin that's appealing, her qualifications as prospective leader of the free world -- which is, after all, what she's running for -- are nonexistent.
  3. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

#15 Jersey

Aside from the fact that she could become President, this choice is hilarious. What is even more entertaining is to read the posts of patfans members defending her. Some members now are even wavering (15% chance McCain dies, McCain mother is living at 90). After the past 8 years, you would think we might have learned something about electing someone who we might want go drinking with or hunting.
  4. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +37 / 2 / -3

#24 Jersey

As has been discussed before, she's as qualified as Obama. Is she truely qualified ? Probably not. But . . . (but those sentences together, I know you can).
  5. Patters

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

Well, maybe we'll find out in the debates if she's ready to lead, which some of us consider an important qualification for President.
  6. ljuneau

ljuneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

If she should bow out, then Obama should also since he has much less experience than her.
  7. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +37 / 2 / -3

#24 Jersey

What has Obama done to suggest he is ? Other than spit and sputter when the teleprompter goes off ?

Do I think Palin is ready to be President ? No. However, barring a very quick death of McCain she wouldn't be President without 1, 2, 3, whatever years of being Vice President which would accelerate her readiness dramatically. I have yet to be convinced the Democrat #1 candidate is ready.
  8. Patters

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

No, she's not very worldy. She can't handle interviews with basic questions. Her experience isn't bad, but her intellect is.

Obama seems to be very effective at interviews and press conferences. Plus, Obama not only has been a state and national senator, he has a law degree from the finest university in the world (magna cum laude) and taught Constitutional law for 12 years, and unlike McCain has worked in both the public and private sectors. He's obviously an exceptionally bright guy.

Palin was chosen for purely political reasons by McCain. Obama, demonstrating leadership and judgment, chose someone who is truly ready to be President.

The fact that Republicans are still trying to spin her after so much time has elapsed tells the true story.
  9. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

You're flogging this one pretty hard, Pat. You must be very afraid of Sarah Palin!! :eek:

:D

//
  10. Mogamedogz

Mogamedogz Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

:rolleyes:

This is the single most laughable line parroted by the right. It's pretty sad at this point actually. Most members of your own party have long since given up on this lame argument.
  11. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +37 / 2 / -3

#24 Jersey

But it's largely true. A State Senator, a job at which he did little, and 2 years as a Senator (with 2 years named Senator but actually running for President). It's a thin, thin resume and he has done little to look ready. Do we need to link the video with him when the teleprompter cut out again ?
  12. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

They want her to Bow Out because she's scaring the living sh!t out of them.
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2008
  13. Mogamedogz

Mogamedogz Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

As to the original point of the thread...

I actually think Palin will pull out of the race sometime before the VP debate. The McCain campaign is running on fumes, and the only way for them to reach the finish line within 5-6 points, will be to keep creating distractions (which to their credit they have been masterful at). Having Palin pull out and inserting a more qualified running mate, could buy him just enough time (and confidence) to run out the clock within striking distance. At this point it is blatantly obvious that is all he really cares about doing.
  14. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Palin is a deer in the headlights right now. She's from Alaska, for God's sake. Give her a year and she'll be eating Obam-uh-h's lunch.

The O-man has been spoon fed from the time he met Saul Alinsky and Bill Ayers/Bernadette Dohrn, who gave him the bug ... "hey, man, you might be able to slick your way to the top ... right on! Power to the people (except those who believe in God)... Che is great!! "

You can quote me.

//
  15. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

The Barack-orama has had the best choreography, acting coaching, and directing of any president ever. Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton included. He's been groomed and taught by the pros!!!! Put him in a real situation with a real problem and I'm scared to death he will melt faster than the ice cream cones he hated making in his only private enterprise job he's ever held.

//
  16. Mogamedogz

Mogamedogz Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I’m not going to rehash this whole thing again... that dead horse is starting to rot and smell and the vultures are feasting on it.

Besides, that's not what this thread is about. Why is it so hard to stay on topic in these threads? They always end with "I know I am, but so are you!"

BF... Do you honestly feel that Palin is the best selection for your ticket? Really?

So if she does bow out, and say Liberman jumps on board sometime next week, are you telling me that will not be on here gushing over how great of a move it is?
  17. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +37 / 2 / -3

#24 Jersey

"For the ticket" ? She's fairly high up there and I think she'll do fine in the debates.

Let me be clear, that's in terms of trying to win. I'm also not a huge McCain fan but he's the best shot we have to win.

What would MY dream ticket have been ? It would have been Romney/Gindal. I voted for Romney in the primary and he looks even better now with the financial crisis. I also think Gindal is a future President.
  18. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

If anybody should bow out, it is Biden. He is a walking time-bomb of gaffes, incoherence, and general idiocy. My pet turtle is more intelligent, sensible, and straight-forward than he is. Seriously. Franklin Turtle for Dem VP: it's the right thing to do!!

//
  19. Patters

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

Honestly, I do think Obama has to do well in the debates. In the Democratic debates he did quite well, though I thought Hillary did better. Your description of him simply shows that you are not watching anything but some right-wing filler. While he has had some weaker moments in a few interviews, those moments are few and far between.

Also, while I don't like this ad (it's as bad as some of the NRA ones), it does raise a relevant point to this discussion:

YouTube - McCain is 72. He's had cancer 4 times.
  20. Patters

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

Glad to see you have low expectations for Biden when he's up against Palin. It'll make it easier for him to impress you.