Welcome to PatsFans.com

Palin Says She Is Seriously Considering Entering Race in 2012

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

2. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +324 / 6 / -4

#91 Jersey

I hope she does it would really be entertaining. As far as winning there aren't enough simpletons like her to vote her in.

3. JackBauer

JackBauer Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +844 / 6 / -9

I'm torn about this.

I support the move because Obama would wipe the floor with her.

I oppose the move because, God forbid, were she to win then this country would get bent over hard.

4. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +491 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

Palin is one of those people who doesn't realize just how dumb she is...and maybe that's a good thing for all of us.

She doesn't stand a chance in the primaries...so don't get excited about her ruining the republican's chances HD...it aint gonna happen.

5. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I wouldnt be so sure about that. She seems to rally a portion of th econservative base, and as we saw in 2008...there arent many republicans that are willing to duke it out for the long haul. McCain pretty much backed into the nomination, remember he was broke early on.

I think we will see

Huckabee
    Romney
    Gingritch
    Palin
    Paul
    Pawlenty

Palin rocks about 20% of the base....that doesnt leave enough wiggle room. Plus, I'm not sure any of the people on that list want to run in 2012....more will be looking to 2016.

at this point, I'm not even sure Obama wants to run.

6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +823 / 7 / -2

She could, at least at this point, win the GOP primaries. I'm not sure if the party would give her the nomination though. Nationally, i don't think she'd have a chance, but if the environment is like it is now, or maybe worse, then who's to say she wouldn't stand a punchers chance. Personally though, I don't think she'll be an option on the ballot in 2012. I think she might simply choose to use her clout to help nominate her preferred candidate for the GOP. She has pull within the party, but not nationally with independents.

I don't think the eventual opponent to Obama is yet known. I believe the person nominated is probably someone we haven't really heard a lot about yet. Time will tell.

7. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I almost think of the GOP's perspective on an opponent to be a 'throw away'. And why not give the spotlight to Palin, who doesnt stand a chance? As opposed to a person they may want to run in 2016.

Part of me agrees with you about not knowing the candidate at this point, but if Palin won the primaries, and not the nomination.....that would ba amazing.

has that ever happened before?

8. Kid~Brady

Kid~Brady In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Palin is one of those people who doesn't realize just how dumb she is...

:rocker: Couldn't have said it better myself. I can't believe this chick.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2010
  9. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +674 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

I think you're entirely correct. She's got a lot of appeal to Republicans.....not so much with Independents and virtually none at all with Democrats. It's the Independents in a national election that would kill her.

Given her high name recognition and broad popularity among Republicans, 80% of whom now view her favorably, she is clearly in a strong position to seek it. However, her negative image among the other party groups -- 81% of Democrats and 53% of independents view her unfavorably, while fewer than 4 in 10 view her favorably -- casts some doubt on her viability in the general election.

New England Patriots Forums - PatsFans.com Patriots Fan Messageboard
    I think that the primary race would be horrendous. Can you imagine what kind of dirt the Karl Rove's of the world would find and throw at her? If people think the moonbat libs are hard on her, they ain't seen nuttin' yet. If and when the Old Guard Republicans decide to eat their young it is not going to be pretty. I can easily imagine them "swift boating" her to hell and back again without much of a stretch of my imagination, can't you?

I dunno. It's a month shy of 2011 - they better hurry up.

10. Real World

Ratings:
    +823 / 7 / -2

A throw away in what sense? 2008 was a throw away year, much like 1996 for the GOP, and 1984 for the Dems. 2012 will not be a throw away year by any stretch. I think the GOP has every intention to win. It's why there's so much attention being paid to Palin, the Tea Party movement, and the establishment like Karl Rove.

11. Real World

Ratings:
    +823 / 7 / -2

The mood of the country in 12-18 months will determine a lot. If things stay the same, or get worse, then I could run against Obama and have a chance. If things improve, then a legitimate candidate with some independent appeal has to be nominated. Palin could improve her appeal to independents, but I don't think that's likely. I think a worst case scenario for the GOP is her running, and winning the nomination. It would be what the Dems pray happen. Of course, as I said earlier, if the economy is in the toilet still, then it could also be their worst nightmare, as dare I say, she might win. Gulp.

The election isn't till 2012. There's plenty of time to go until people toss their names into the ring. In todays 24/7 media and internet cycle, it doesn't take long to go from locally known, to a national household name. Just look at the guy in office right now. He was a relative nobody at this point relative to his election.

12. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Hate to break it to you, but people knew who Obama was in 2005. He was sorta just elected SENATOR. The speech he gave in 2004 at the convention thrust him to the spotlight. People were wondering out loud if he was going to run for president or not.

The republican person you say is not on the radar, the darkhorse has yet to be heard from. They seem to have a short time to run at this point. Hope to hear from them soon...

or Sarah is gunna run!

13. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

14. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,658 / 33 / -55

No Jersey Selected

So, basically, you don't really believe in your heart of hearts that Obama would wipe the floor with her. :cool:

Anyway, I oppose this move due to the last sentence in your post. She makes Bush look like a Mensa candidate.

15. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +2,658 / 33 / -55

No Jersey Selected

16. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Steve Wynn hates the guy, so I do too.

Ivanka on the other hand?.....

17. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +2,658 / 33 / -55

No Jersey Selected

18. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +324 / 6 / -4

#91 Jersey

I saw this mess coming before most people did (2003) and i have witnesses to prove it. Would you vote for me? :bricks:

19. alvinnf

alvinnf In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +14 / 1 / -0

Great......... If we thought Ross Perrot split the vote. We aint seen nothin yet.
    Sarah=Lamb......

20. Real World

Ratings:
    +823 / 7 / -2

Sorry, but Obama was a relative nobody at this point, with respect to the 2008 election. Giving a speech at a convention didn't make him a household presidential name 2 years prior to 2008. People might have known his legit name, but they knew nothing about it what so ever. Most are actually learning about him now. Much to their dismay of course.