Welcome to PatsFans.com

Palin more qualified than NObama

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by ELOrocks17, Oct 4, 2008.

1. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

She at least has leadership experience, which makes her way more qulified to Lead the US than that awful NObama...
  2. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

Funny. She should stick with SNL:rofl:
  3. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

I don't think leadership qualities are a question here. No one thinks that Palin would make a better leader than Obama. One of the reasons Obama scares conservatives so much is because he's such an effective leader for so many people.

It is true that Palin has some different and relevant experience to that of Obama, but Obama has in own sets of strengths: unlike McCain, he has earned income from sources other than the taxpayer; unlike the others, he has a magna cum laude degree in a relevant area (Constitutional Law) from what's generally regarded as the finest university in the world; he has worked on the community level as a Director of various groups; has worked as a college level senior lecturer; has run an amazing campaign for President; and so on. Palin is not at all qualified to be President, and I do think those who fear that McCain's cancer will kill him in office are one of the reasons why McCain is still having some difficulty with his base.
  4. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +77 / 5 / -7

#37 Jersey

Where you been ELO? Good t have you back. How is NEM?
  5. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

So does a director of a National Park, but I don't want them in charge.

It is extremely embarassing as an American that these 4 individuals are the four best candidates the United States has to offer.

I am still baffled that both presidential candidates voted for the bailout.

that seems like more of the same on both parties to me
  6. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Quote:
    Obama scares conservatives so much is because he's such an effective leader for so many people.

Effective leader?? What has he lead? Nothing
  7. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I have been busy over at the city-data.com messageboards. NEM is sick this week apparently, he sent an e-mail to us stating he wont make it to the Bar to watch the game.
  8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +297 / 1 / -9

I would love to see the reaction from Chris (Tingle Leg) Matthews and the rest of the Left Wing Media if Sarah said "FDR watched TV in 1929" ....:singing:

GO GET EM SARAH YOU GOT THEM ON THE RUN, YOUR ALL THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT, THE A$S HOLES ARE GIVING YOU MORE PUBLICITY THAN THEY GIVE THEIR OWN MESSIAH GOD.

YOU BETCHA........:p
  9. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Th dumbest part about this inane right wing rationalization is that it takes more leadership to be a U.S. Senator from Illinois than a Governor from Alaska. Obama's staff is over 130 people, not to mention that he actually has to deal with real issues, not just who's gonna de-ice the gosh darn hockey rinks.
  10. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

It's called "spin", ELO, "spin". The idea is based on the notion that if you say something enough times, people will start to believe it may be true. Aka as "brainwashing".

Fact is -- the TRUTH is -- you are 100% correct: Obama's only executive experience in his life is this campaign "he" is running. But wait:

I, for one, do not believe for a moment that he is even running this campaign. It is much too slick and polished for an 18-month Senator whose earlier gig was as a state legislator. Obama is being coached and choreographed each and every step of the way by some of the most experienced, calculating, and cut-throat behind the scenes manipulators, they make Karl Rove into a day-care mother.

Just see what happens when the teleprompter is gone:

YouTube - Obama's funniest bloopers!

//
  11. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Give my regards to the NEMster from Fogbuster. We couldn't farther apart on the issues but somehow I still like the guy and wish him the best.

//
  12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +297 / 1 / -9

Would the Messiah have the balls to debate Sarah without his speech writers and his little teleprompter?

Sarah would "you betcha" him to death.
  13. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

you hatred of Obama has lowered your standards on accepting an unqualified VP candidate.
  14. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +297 / 1 / -9

I don't "hate" Obama, I am disgusted at the way many in this country have elevated the jerk to "Sainthood" simply because we all know what, he is an unqualified KID with big ears who can read better than most from a teleprompter and he has an excellent speaking voice but he is far from being the Second Coming Of Christ and he's to damn liberal for me.

I don't "hate" anybody (I don't like Obama's friends) a person is known be the company he keeps, I don't want my president hanging around with Rev Wright or Louis Farrakahn (two racist scum)
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2008
  15. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I don't think Harry hates Obama; he just hates what's propelling Obama. Anybody who takes the time to look at who is propping Obama up is bound to get pretty disgusted: the Hollywood "elites", the professor "elites", the special interests, and -- most damning of all -- the very Wall Street elites who have almost destroyed America's economy. All of them are using him as their shield. Obama is just the front man; those behind him are using him like a manure shovel.

//
  16. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +287 / 5 / -8

Yah. She has beent the governor of a state with among the smallest populaces, for 2 years. Very qualified.

Exactly how many years has she served in national office? Wait, no, just give me her IQ. Same answer.

And since it matters whether foreign leaders are attracted to you, it is important to note that she came in second in a beauty contest, while Barack Obama never even competed in one.

Look, she's attractive and appealing, and very likeable. Take what you get, and run with it. She has no knowledge of issues and offers nothing to the ticket but an expansion of the idea of an imperial vice-presidency (per her discussion of "expanding" Cheney's idea that the Veep is his own branch of government.)

Other than that, she brags about a stalled pipeline project that far predated her reign as The Winter Queen. Oh, and that's after bragging about a bridge project that she turned down, although she kept the money for it.

Like I said, I like her. I watch her and have a positive reaction to the visual, not to get too sexist about it. I listen to her and I think gee that Palin family probably has a happy little home yadda yadda yadda, regardless of what the reality is. If her home persona is like her TV persona, you have to figure her little Track and Trip and Blip and Bop or whatever their names are had a nice mommy who didn't let them whine when they skinned their knee. Whatever. She's just not of any value in the national political sphere.

You guys are drinking too much kool-aid if you see her as a candidate of substance. You have to peddle that back and forth to one another, because only the base believes it (and some of them aren't too sure about it.)

PFnV
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2008
  17. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Then, by the very same token, Obama has as his "substance" the education he got at the elite Ivy finishing-school factory, coaching from Saul Alinsky, William Ayers, Bernadette Dorhn, and his adopted uncle, the "Rev" Jeremiah Wright.

Ah-h-h, I'll take one Palin for ten Obam-uhs. Any day.

//
  18. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +287 / 5 / -8

Righhhhht, oh yeah and

REPRESENTING 12 MILLION PEOPLE IN THE UNITED STATES SENATE.

Forgot that part.

Like I said, peddle it to each other. That's who's listening.
  19. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +77 / 5 / -7

#37 Jersey

A fry cooker at McDonald's is a harder job than being a senator. Should they run for president? Being a senator is a cash cow, government pays all your bills, no wonder no one hardly ever gives it up.

Yes the same goes for McCain, also.
  20. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Sarah did a great job leading her husband's ex partner to the bedroom.. other than that everything is questionable..