Welcome to PatsFans.com

Palin interview with Greta from FOX

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by slowpoke2, Nov 12, 2008.

1. slowpoke2

slowpoke2 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

This is one of the many comments from the Sean Hannity forums.

"I'm sorry, but Sarah Palin is the coolest, most authentic, down-to-earth political leader of modern times. How many politicians would conduct an in-depth televised interview in their kitchen while preparing her family's dinner? Can you imagine Her Majesty Hillary doing that? I can't. She is so the opposite of the caricature the media tried to make of her. For the love of Uncle Sam, I hope she stays visible enough to be a player for the 2012 campaign. The country will desperately need her after 4 years of Obama."

"It was a terrific interview. You got to hear her without filters, just what she was thinking, that she is a very smart woman."

"She'll always have my support. And I hope she's somewhere around for young girls to have a role model for years to come
    Imagine that - a role model, in government."

Palin's Interview with Greta - Page 3 - Sean Hannity Discussion

The question is.
    Does the GOP really think they can fool the US again by trotting out a candidate with limited brain function?
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Why is their an attempt to deify this woman, she had an affair with her husband's business partner, doesn't know crap about Geography, government or history.. but they want her to be a role model..

She is just like any other politician, an opportunist who uses others to achieve their goal.. no more and no less, not sure if there has ever been any politician who is a role model.. it is a oxymoron.
  3. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Yeah, rhetorical sound bite tee hee, ha ha question slowpoke2. Hey Biden was trotted out wasn't he? He's going to be the VP so anything is possible I guess. His dopy remarks haven't stopped in the umpteen years he's been a politician.

Democrats and republicans alike had better take her a whole lot more seriously than you are. Hanity is not the only one that recognizes that. Democrats have said as much. She's not afraid to take on either and that will win her a lot of support down the road. She obviously wasn't prepared to be VP, but you better not go by the "is Africa a country or a continent?" BS. She's a political natural and not the dope the media has portrayed her as. She is not Tina Fey.

BTW, do you think here can be no roll model in government or is it because she's a woman? I don't get what you mean.
  4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

What's up with Matt Lauer standing in her kitchen? He friggin hates her! He's standing there with his arms folded.... scowling....why doesn't Todd the Eunoch tell him to get the fu(k out? Who is her PR person. Isn't anyone around to tell her to STFU for a few months? Every time she goes on camera she adds to her own ridicule.

Sarah, honey...Take your flamethrower up into the woods for a few months, go online with the computer thingy and learn some stuff. Subscribe to Scientific American Kids and Highlights for when you come home. Go to the Middle School library. Bone up on map stuff. Learn some people's names from history....call us in a few years.
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
  5. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +150 / 1 / -9

If you think sarah the idiot has potential, that speaks volumes for your own judgement my friend. So you think political potential has nothing to do with intelligence? The lady is a female redneck...did you watch the type of crowds she attracted?

This country doesn't need any politicians who attract people who call a candidate a "Terrorist". Some of those crowds could have been mistaken for KKK rallies:rolleyes:
  6. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

I'm convinced there is nothing she can say right now that won't be ridiculed in one way or another. Last week I was watching the "Morning Joe" show on MSDNC and the 4 liberals and one republican Joe were all talking about how Sarah must answer these chargers about NAFTA and Alaska by going right out to the media and take it head on for her own political good. They even acknowledged the unfair way she was treated throughout the campaign. Well, of course we know that's just what she did. Then the day after, MSDNC's hardball invited guest after guest that came on to say what an idiot she was for doing it. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Last night Matthews ranted on about Sarah saying that she would run for president if it was "God's will", "This is the old time reilgion show, blah blah blah." I watched her interview with Greta and she said no such thing. What she said was that she a woman of faith and that if the door was opened in the future for her that God would help her recognize it. She didn't say God's will was for her to be president. The media spun that she thought the Iraq war was God's will too. Obama prays for cripes sakes.....So?

This is starting to spin religious so I'll stop that now. My point is I think the ridicule by the media, and even some in McCain's campaign comes as much from fear of her success as it does for any gaffs she makes. It's a preemptive strike as far as I'm concerned.

As a side note I in the end voted for Obama because I think the Republican Party needs a major overall. Until they get their act together, not just to win but to be in tune with the 21st century, they will be completely ineffective. I'm hoping this shakes them up to do so. The country ultimately doesn't need democrats gone wild though. The republicans did that and look where we are now. We need a check and balance.
  7. Mogamedogz

Mogamedogz Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

[​IMG]

Saracuda will forever be a punch-line on the grand stage of American politics. She will never ascend to the highest office, and anyone who thinks otherwise is simply fooling themselves. Sorry frendo.
  8. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I've seen no verification that this story is true, nor about the whole Africa is a country thing. I think she was underprepared and is not perfect by any means, but she's gotten less than fair treatment in most mainstream media.
  9. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +150 / 1 / -9

Anyone who watched the couric/palin interviews would say palin is very ignorant. It is impossible to think anything else.
  10. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Hey my "friend" I'm not the only one that thinks so. There's lots of democrats and even some liberal journalists that feel the same way. I think that someone that falls for sound bites speaks volumes for their judgenment as well. There's lots of Obama rhetoric that they played yesterday before he met with Bush. The media forgave him by saying that was just understandable campain politicing. There's lots of far left loons, anarchists and terrorists(Ayers) Obama attracts so get off your high damned elitist horse. Lots of decent people are attracted by her as well. How to reach across the isle PR.

As far as the Couric interview goes, yes she was an embarrasment. That's simply not the last page though.
  11. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

I wrote this before back in oct. but its applicable here. I just change the has to had and dropped one small sentance.
    The Palin phenomenon can only be understood as some form of reality television where anybody can win the prize. She clearly has no idea about Federal government, the Constitution, international politics, history, law, economics, or general knowledge of national politics. She wants the Federal government to get out of the lives of working class people. She had no consistency, no coherence, no clarity in relation to current profound problems confronting ordinary people.
    Just let Sarah be Sarah and she will trip herself up because, Sarah doesn't know what she doesn't know, what a joke.
  12. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -1

#15 Jersey

United States will never elect a presidential candidate who is.......like, you know, gosh darn it. Wink.
  13. Mogamedogz

Mogamedogz Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Pretty much. Hard to argue with this.

But at least the joke is hilarious. We can only hope she sticks around and keeps making a fool of herself. The comedic value of it all is epic.
  14. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

I know she the gift that keeps on giving. :rocker:
  15. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +150 / 1 / -9

You BETCHA they won't!!;):D
  16. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

She could have her own reality show "The life of a Governor" where a tv crew films her,and her families daily life ala Ozzy Osbourne. Although Ozzy while walking around in a stupor seemed to know more than Sarah.
  17. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Not right now she doesn't I agree. That doesn't mean she won't or can't in time. The over the top push to stop her in her tracts tell me that she many think she will. If you want to box her into the Couric interview as a time capsule of what she is and she will always be then fine. She’ll probably never be president, but she'll probably knock off a few democrats down the line that just didn't see it coming.
    I just won't be a surprised as some of you will be
  18. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +150 / 1 / -9

Did I refer to any soundbites? Did I not state "anyone who watched the couric/palin interviews..."?

It's not the last page? Even though she was/is embaressing (as you stated)? Does that make sense SB42? Look, there's a LOT of rumors still flying around about her wardrobe demands and several other acts of defiance. If we can get to the truth (and we will) on these matters, then we'll have a much clearer picture of palin.

I know if I had a daughter, I would not be happy is if she adored Mrs. Palin...not at all.
  19. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

TheGodInAGreyHoodie Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

Why the hell is she still in the news?

In the history of American politics has the losing Veep candidate ever gotten this much press a week after the election?

Don't give me she made history as the first women Veep candidate BS. B/c she ain't and nobody gave two craps about Geraldine a week after Mondale lost. Nothing she did was historic. If she had won it would have been historic. A women being the losing Veep candidate has been done before.

We have a vice president elect. His name is Joe Biden.
  20. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

She keeps putting herself in the news. She apparently got a taste of what it would be like to be in the national spotlight and liked it. Now shes pushing as hard as she can to stay in the spotlight. Which makes for additional levity in my life. Its a real life Beverly Hillbillies. One of my favorite shoes as a kid.