Welcome to PatsFans.com

Palin fired police chief because he challenged her cronies

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Seymour93, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Seymour93

Seymour93 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

More evidence of serious corruption from Alaskan secessionist Sarah Quayle Palin....

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=5713866

After taking over as Mayor of the small town of Wasilla, Palin fired the longtime local police chief. The former police chief, Irl Stambaugh says he was fired because he stepped on the toes of Palin's campaign contributors, including bar owners and the National Rifle Association.

Stambaugh's lawyer, William Jermain, says the chief tried to move up the closing hours of local bars from 5 a.m. to two a.m. after a spurt of drunk driving accidents and arrests.

"His crackdown on that practice by the bars was not appreciated by her and that was one reason she terminated Irl," said Jermain.

In his 1997 lawsuit, Stambaugh also alleged that his stand on restricting concealed weapons upset the NRA.

2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +692 / 7 / -2

3. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +385 / 15 / -14

I think the word they used with Hillary at one point was "clawing" to describe this kind of ambition, only I'm not sure Hillary was ever as cutthroat as Palin.

4. Real World

Ratings:
    +692 / 7 / -2

I especially like this part about the other incident.

5. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +453 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

No matter what the judge says, no politician should be able to fire anyone for any reason they please... that is downright STUPID RW! If that is true, a politician could just replace public officials with their cronies. Employees must have rights in any job. Besides, Palin is/was not the employer in this case.

6. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +453 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

For a guy who claims he is not partisan in the least, why have all your posts been pro-republican this week?

7. Real World

Ratings:
    +692 / 7 / -2

For reasons related to work, yes they should. If the mayor thinks that something should, or shouldn't change, and someone who's position she controls disagrees, then that persons removal is justified. We might not like it, but that's the nature of the beast. I don't think someone should be fired for not being a Patriots fan, or for having red hair persay.

8. Real World

Ratings:
    +692 / 7 / -2

When the forum is being spammed with one anti-logic thread after another, then you'll see me side with logic. When threads were being made about Obama being a muslim, I was on your side. Now, those threads weren't even remotely close to what's been going on here over the last week. I've never seen posters tear a person apart like they are Palin in here. From crap threads like she purposely tried to kill the baby by giving a speech when her water broke, to diarea about how she wasn't the baby mom at all. The hysteria is really amazing. This is so much worse than anything I've ever seen in my couple of years here. People are grasping for any bit of inuendo, or angle they can find, and are posting it, so long as it's negative. It's so bizarre.

9. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

This is actually getting quite funny now. :singing:

10. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I can't speak for RW but, I too subscribe to no party but, find myself playing devil's advocate to all the far left blog drivel spamming the forum.

11. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +453 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

So then you agree with me...she must have a reason to fire someone. Because that's what you just said. It must be justified. so the judge was wrong for saying "any reason"

12. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +453 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

Well to your and RW's point, I've already made my case against such threads more than once. Although I think trying to link Obama to terrorists organizations is the worst rumor thread I've seen. But this week, others are coming close.

The strange thing is, no one here can really believe they have any affect, so why waste our time with them. That is what has my head spinning. It's as if we can't help ourselves!

13. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Though I haven't the inclination to look for links, I have heard that the officer in question was abusing his power and being generally nasty, such as tasing people and threatening the father of his wife (Palin's sister). That might warrant a firing. Not sure the validity of these claims though. Can't wait what factcheck has to say about these ridiculous attempts at assassinating her character. They'll likely debunk them, as they did with the stupid attacks on Obama.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2008
  14. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +453 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

It's amazing how sh1t thrown against the wall can take on a life of it's own.

15. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Yet you've been no where to be found when the far right blog drivel permeates and seeps into the forum about Obama.

16. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

You didn't see me posting any of it either. This forum (like almost all on the internet) has more than enough hard core Democrats to defend their guy.

17. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +453 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

OHhhhhh, so you just wanted to help out the underdog!:rolleyes:

18. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +131 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

You do remember that when Bill Clinton came into office he fired every US Attorney except one????

http://mediamatters.org/items/200703150001

19. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +453 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

Did I say I supported that decision? What is the history when one party replaces the other regarding Us attorneys?