Welcome to PatsFans.com

Palin Crossed Border For Canadian Health Care

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by reflexblue, Mar 9, 2010.

1. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +175 / 5 / -1

#91 Jersey

OH, OH, BUSTED (again) :bricks: The gift that keeps on giving Sarah "show me the money" Palin

Palin Crossed Border For Canadian Health Care - Yahoo! News

Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin -- who has gone to great lengths to hype the supposed dangers of a big government takeover of American health care -- admitted over the weekend that she used to get her treatment in Canada's single-payer system.

We used to hustle over the border for health care we received in Canada," Palin said in her first Canadian appearance since stepping down as governor of Alaska. "And I think now, isn't that ironic?"

You Betcha, Gosh Darnit .....Sarah..... P.S. Harry Boy wants your number. ;)

Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +720 / 2 / -9

We all screw up at one time or another, I used to be a democrat.......:(

3. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,396 / 10 / -11

#75 Jersey

Poor Sarah. Advice: Go back to writing the crib notes on your hand - - you just can't manage it.

"Do as I say, not as I do." She fits well in there with the hypocritical "patriotic" Chicken Hawks.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
  4. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +533 / 13 / -14

#24 Jersey

I'm not a Palinite and under no circumstances will I be voting for her in the 2012 primary if she runs. That said - if you can get something for free without breaking the law many people will do that. It doesn't make her a hypocrite nor does it mean she should support obamacare which won't be free ad won't be on someone else's dime but will cost us all a ton of money.

5. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +573 / 11 / -4

#24 Jersey

On second thought....maybe she didn't - seeing as how she told the same story about her brother's burnt foot while she was visiting Juneau during her short term as governor.

In a 2007 report in the Skagway News, Palin said her family travelled south from the town by ferry to Juneau, Alaska, so that her brother could get treatment after burning his foot when jumping through a fire.

"All these years later, that's still what people have to rely on here in some instances," said Palin, who was Alaska governor at the time and pledging to improve the town's ferry system

Palin's claim family sought medical care in Canada prompts scrutiny, ridicule - Yahoo! Canada News

Also, as an interesting side-note - Sarah's entire family is either covered or eligible for coverage by a form of "socialized medicine," due to her husband, Todd's, status as a native Alaskan Indian. Todd, Sarah, (while pregnant with his children) all of her children and all of her grandchildren are covered under a very succesful version of socialized medicine administered through Indian Health Services.

The Mudflats

Go figure.

6. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +175 / 5 / -1

#91 Jersey

I assume her brother has two feet. :singing:

7. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I love Sarah Palin because I love how much the left is obsessed with her. She just continues to expose them for for hateful, vile people they really are. Meanwhile, the rest of the party gets to fly under the radar and quietly go about the business of defeating the Obama agenda and getting ready for November.

8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +720 / 2 / -9

That's why I like her all she has to do is wink and she sends ten million liberals running for their Shrinks, she drives them insane, MSNBC for the last year has probably devoted 8 months to nothing but "Sarah Palin" they can't get enough of her, THE LEFTY LOONS THEMSELVES HAVE MADE HER A HOUSEHOLD NAME.

"HECK"...................:singing:

9. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

10. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +573 / 11 / -4

#24 Jersey

Of course she does....it's how your shirts look when they come back from the dry cleaners - all starchy and iron-y looking.

11. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Ha!

her shirts also might come back a bit 'Mavericky' as well.

she is truly a treasure.

12. Stokes

Stokes In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

If the story that she went to Canada is true this was BEFORE they had a federal system. Here's a link to hotair, I have not independently verified their claim, but it should be easy to do:

"According to the summary of Canada’s health care system by Health Canada, it was only until 1972 that Yukon “create[d] medical insurance plans with federal cost sharing.”"

Hot Air Blog Archive New Palin “scandal”: She supports Canadian socialized medicine or something

So actually they just went to the closest hospital and paid for their care. OOH, WHAT A SCANDAL!

13. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,147 / 13 / -27

#87 Jersey