Welcome to PatsFans.com

Palin allowed Rape Victims to be charged for Rape Kits while Mayor...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Sep 12, 2008.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +817 / 27 / -33

The "****y Wacko" and vanguard of the God Squad strikes again.. while mayor she allowed rape victims to be charged for Rape Kits... this will sit real well with the women of america.. as well as many men..

I know Obama did something, but try to stick to the topic.. I even posted the info from an extreme righty source..

http://campaignspot.nationalreview.com/post/?q=MjJhYzdlZmMzMzA1NGViNmE2MmUxYmUxZDg1NmQ1ZTk=

2. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +251 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

Hey, a close friend of mine has daughter that was raped. Guess who had to pay for the rape kit? That was this year. He found out about it by reading a text message left on her phone wondering how she was going to come up with the money to pay for it. He stepted in and paid for it himself. Boy, Palin's influence must quite powerful to make it from Alaska all the way to MA.

3. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +572 / 50 / -7

#75 Jersey

So why are they still be charged for them in Illinois??

Straws, Straws, I must have Straws!!!!!

Why didn't you give the whole quote:

6. Let’s concede the worst, which was that this was an unforgivably stupid policy, and that Palin should have overturned it during her tenure. I’ll let Obama fans explain why that error in judgment is superior to voting "present" when dealing with "a bill permitting the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services to report suspected child abuse while protecting the identity of the facility or person providing the information."

Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
  4. atomdomb

atomdomb Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

alaska is a tough and wild land to live in.

5. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +817 / 27 / -33

Nice try at diversion, go ahead excuse the "****y Wacko".. most if not all states protect the identity of someone reporting child abuse.. if this was not a caveat millions of cases of child abuse would go unreported.. this is a good thing.. this is a national standard..

Mr. Security guard let me ask you a question, If a confidential informant comes forth with information shouldn't that person's identity be protected?? Confidential reporters are a lynchpin of much of police work and in most investigations.

Nice try Mr. Mod, once again try to change the subject in direct violation of the rules...

6. FreeTedWilliams

Ratings:
    +572 / 50 / -7

#75 Jersey

Of course, there is nothing wrong with withholding the names, its a good idea and a good law, YOUR GUY VOTED "PRESENT" if he can't take a stand on something as basic as that, what does he stand for?

BTW, nice try and trying to goat me, good thing I'm beyond the 2nd grade!!!!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
  7. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +221 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Provided that person is reliable or has a history with the cops. Otherwise someone could call the cops and maliciously and falsely say that you have drugs in your house and they bust down the door looking for it. Should that person be protected???? Not so cut and dry is it???

8. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +817 / 27 / -33

We were talking about Child Welfare Situations, I chose to extrapolate regarding confidential informants as being the lynchpins of modern investigative police work..

It is quite cut and dry if you understand the context, police for the most part do not bust down doors on one peron's information.. in those situations it takes a preponderance of evidence and has to be oked by a judge.

9. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +817 / 27 / -33

Dear Mr. Third Grader,

If the issue is understood in your context then why was it posted this way?? Your interpretation makes no sense, and neither does the article..

10. FreeTedWilliams

Ratings:
    +572 / 50 / -7

#75 Jersey

i just posted the entire quote, that you started. I assumed that you purposely edited the quote to avoid critique of Obama.

11. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +817 / 27 / -33

No intent at all did not understand the quote in the context of the article, just another pot shot out that had no relationship... it was purposely taken from an ultra righty site so that much time would not be spent on the messanger and to focus on the message, guess that did not work either..

There is also a 3 sentence limit, so all was not quoted.. it is a rule..