Welcome to PatsFans.com

Palin’s Kind of Patriotism

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by reflexblue, Oct 8, 2008.

1. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

A very good piece on Palin and taxes. I'm not trying to slime Palin, as much as show the obsertity of her thinking.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/08/opinion/08friedman.html?_r=1&ref=opinion&oref=slogin

Palin’s Kind of Patriotism
    By THOMAS L. FRIEDMAN
    Criticizing Sarah Palin is truly shooting fish in a barrel. But given the huge attention she is getting, you can’t just ignore what she has to say. And there was one thing she said in the debate with Joe Biden that really sticks in my craw. It was when she turned to Biden and declared: “You said recently that higher taxes or asking for higher taxes or paying higher taxes is patriotic. In the middle class of America, which is where Todd and I have been all of our lives, that’s not patriotic.”

What an awful statement. Palin defended the government’s $700 billion rescue plan. She defended the surge in Iraq, where her own son is now serving. She defended sending more troops to Afghanistan. And yet, at the same time, she declared that Americans who pay their fair share of taxes to support all those government-led endeavors should not be considered patriotic.

"I only wish she had been asked: “Governor Palin, if paying taxes is not considered patriotic in your neighborhood, who is going to pay for the body armor that will protect your son in Iraq? Who is going to pay for the bailout you endorsed? If it isn’t from tax revenues, there are only two ways to pay for those big projects — printing more money or borrowing more money. Do you think borrowing money from China is more patriotic than raising it in taxes from Americans?” That is not putting America first. That is selling America first".
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2008
  2. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

No one has an opinion on this ...Bueler has anyone seen Bueler? Because its a fine article,by a Real Journalist.
  3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Ferris here!

When Biden said that, I agreed with him 100%. If you have more to contribute when times are tough, you should contribute. Thats Patriotic! The elite 1/2 of 1% have turned a profit of billions ... maybe trillions over the last 7 + years. In Palin and McCain's world....Patriotism is defined by not cutting taxes, and keeping our troops in a false war.

Wearing a flag pin, IS NOT patriotic.
    Free Speech zones are NOT PATRIOTIC.
    Supporting the Iraq war is NOT PATRIOTIC
    doing ANYTHING that doesn't involve the capturing or killing of Bin Laden is NOT PATRIOTIC.

Ask KBR if their $50.00 stitched towels are Patriotic?
    Is invasion of free nations who never attcked us, Patriotic?

and MOST OF ALL IS THIS:

last night, John McCain had the BALLZ to say that he "Knows how to catch Osama Bin Laden"

Is it PATRIOTIC for him to keep this majestic strategy to himself to win an election?

what a bunch of fukcers!