Welcome to PatsFans.com

Pakistan Sentences Dr. in Bin Laden Capture

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by scout, May 28, 2012.

1. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Seriously, the U.S is contemplating reducing it's aid to Pakistan by $33 million out of billions it sends them. While Pakistan is negotiating of raking us over the coals in charging us double for the trucks we are driving through to Afghanistan.
    We spend 33 million in a wink of an eye. A government million is probably equivalent to $1 to you and me. Isn't India a friend of ours? Pakistan does not have a lot of leverage, and while it is a tricky situation, it doesn't mean we have to bend over. It would go a long way to fighting terrorism if we won the freedom of a person who helped us find Bin Laden.

Leon Panetta Calls Pakistan Doctor's Treason Sentence 'Disturbing' - Yahoo! News
  2. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +380 / 0 / -1

#54 Jersey

You know, there were people who cautioned about the US going and occupying Afghanistan. Whether or not it should have been done is an argument for another thread, but we put ourselves right in the middle of a larger fight within South Asia.

If anyone is happy to hear this news and the resultant strain on US-Pakistan relations, it's India.

We'll get it right one day...maybe.
    Last edited: May 28, 2012
  3. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

We need to cut Pakistan off forever and declare them to be the rogue terrorist scumbags that they are.
  4. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +130 / 7 / -13

With friends like these....... :rolleyes:
  5. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

I would agree with you, but read some article a while back with some interesting theories why we need to keep Pakistan relatively 'stable'. Probably has to do with their nuclear capabilities. Someone here might have some input.
  6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +317 / 4 / -2

We've helped destabilize Pakistan to a degree in the last 10 years since we've been in Afghanistan. Not that the place was all that stable to begin with, but people have to understand the stark contrast that exists inside that population. You have a minority of the pop that is more educated and secular, then a majority of the population that is more extreme and 3rd world. The country has nukes, and is in a head butt situation with another nuclear nation named India (over a billion people IIRC). The military is incredibly important to the west since it's the key to keeping that country stable. The money it gets tends to go to keeping the generals happy. Or so I've read in places. It's a dicey situation to say the least. If we gave them the finger, which I'd like to do in part, it's safe to assume that the government could be overrun by the loons, with nukes getting into the hands of some nutty people. Who knows what the right thing to do is.
  7. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +347 / 6 / -8

"Capture"?

What I miss?