Welcome to PatsFans.com

Pakistan court orders men's ears, noses hacked off

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsWSB47, Dec 22, 2009.

1. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +246 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

LOL, Maybe they should beg for the mercy of the court and asked to be sentenced to Gitmo

Pakistan court orders men's ears, noses hacked off

Islamabad, Pakistan (CNN) -- A court in Lahore, Pakistan, has ordered that two men have their noses and ears chopped off, after the two were convicted of doing the same to a young woman.

The anti-terrorism court also ordered that brothers Ammanat Ali, 29, and Sher Mohammed, 27, spend life in prison and pay 700,000 rupees ($8,300) in compensation to the victim, Punjab province chief prosecutor Chaudary Mohammed Jahangir said Tuesday.

The sentence was handed down Monday in accordance with Islamic law and the country's anti-terror laws, the prosecutor said.

The woman and her family had rejected an offer of marriage

Pakistan court orders men's ears, noses hacked off - CNN.com

Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,118 / 3 / -10

...Animals...
    Imagine What These Dogs Do To Their Own Wives

Makes Waterboarding Look Pretty Good

"Hey Ali, what happened to your nose"

3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +896 / 7 / -3

Eye for an eye, or should I say ears and nose for ears and a nose. I've got no problem with that. Is it barbaric? Yeah, it is. Do I care really? No, I don't. If you don't want your nose and ears chopped off, then don't chop off someone else's. That seems pretty simple to me. :confused2:

Um, huh? Hey, we chopped your daughters ears and nose off, but instead of doing the same to me, how about I offer to marry her? WTF is that? :confused:

4. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,473 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

I can't get the link to work, so I might be wrong here, but usually an offer of marriage after something like this occurs in the event that the woman has been raped.

5. Real World

Ratings:
    +896 / 7 / -3

It very well may be, but it doesn't change the fact that I find the offer to be ridiculous, under the circumstances.

6. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,980 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

:rofl: .... :p:p:p ... :rofl:

7. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +778 / 17 / -23

#24 Jersey

I've finally fallen in line with the Libertarians and Liberals - I don't care. That's their land, their country, their laws. As long as they promise to keep the oil flowing, we should get out and leave them alone.

8. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,473 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

Of course, it doesn't square with our modern, western sensibilities, but think back to the times when this kind of custom was formulated. In many of these societies, a raped daughter was considered "unmarriable" and if the rapist did not marry her, then she would have a long life of loneliness to look forward to, and her parents would not be able to enjoy the material benefits that came with a promise to marry. Thus, such an offer was considered proper, and in some societies it was enough to simply offer to pay the parents and daughter a sum of money to make up for the lost potential.

I'm not saying it's right, moral, or is compatible at all with our way of thinking, but that's the deal.

9. Real World

Ratings:
    +896 / 7 / -3

Oh., I know pal. I've read about stuff like that, and seen it on TV. I have an uncle who told me a story about how he was set up for an arranged marraige type deal back in the day, only to dismiss the girl when he knew she wasn't a virgin.

10. Kdo5

Kdo5 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +139 / 8 / -7

Meh whatever their laws are over there or their justice system, its none of our business. I don't feel sympathetic for those two men either nor am I bothered that their noses are gone after what they did to an innocent woman.

11. Satchboogie3

Satchboogie3 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +15 / 1 / -0

That's kind of f*cked up. I don't believe in that "eye for an eye" crap. I believe we should be better than that, better than them. You lead by example. Throw them in jail, make them face what they did, but don't stoop to their level. We need to distance ourselves from barbarism.

12. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +246 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

Clearly no one has read the story or watched the video. Apologies to the posters who could not open the link. The link works for me.

The marriage proposal was before the attack, not after. As a matter of fact her refusal is why she was attacked.

I'm amused though at the reaction here of the story..... pro-eye for an eye vs. anti-eye for an eye vs. who cares? I sarcastically commented that maybe these guys be shown some mercy and been sentenced to Gitmo. I guess it's my fault as it has been pointed out to me that no one appreciates my sarcasm, lol. The moral of the story to me is, as we all sit by our computers and find fault with everything we do here in the United States we forget how far we have come, Gitmo and all, vs. a large part of the world. I do not celebrate Gitmo, mind you. I'd just wanted to add some perspective.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  13. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,118 / 3 / -10

Amen.
    We are better than them if thats Racist so be it, those people and their damn religion can kiss my a$s.