PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pacman: Why not a 3rd pick for him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you are being a little deceiptful here, with all due respect. The facts you stated do not explain why Meriweather was a target of this "random" act of violence. Obviously, the problem here is that he was hanging around the wrong crowd. Coincidentally, Warrick Dunn, Peyton Manning, Tedy Bruschi, and Troy Brown have never been shot at.

Huh? He was at his apartment and a man wearing a bandanna shot his roommate, then Meriweather returned fire. That has nothing to do with "hanging out with the wrong crowd", and all to do with someone trying to rob his apartment, again. Also, there wasn't any deceit in my description of the events, as that's exactly how the events have actually been described, and reported.

He lives in Miami, has a legal gun and it's his fault he's the victim of an armed robbery?

Can't find anything to support your innuendo. He and his roomate have an apartment near campus and were victims of an inteneded robbery according to everything I can find.

Please give us the information only you have.

I can't connect the dots for you. Sorry. About 15 other teams picking from #10 thru the Seahawks former pick did.

I can't connect the dots for you. Sorry. About 15 other teams picking from #10 thru the Seahawks former pick did.

So, your theory is correct, because Meriweather wasn't selected before the 24th pick overall?

HA! That about takes the cake right there folks!

So, your theory is correct, because Meriweather wasn't selected before the 24th pick overall?

HA! That about takes the cake right there folks!

Hey dude. Calm down. I am just saying my character judgements are not defined by the 2nd amendment. And I was just pointing out a few other VP of Football Operations may have sided with me.

Can anyone verify the rumor that Moss was actually recruited by Notre Dame before his escapades in high school. I also heard, after they revoked his scholarship, Bowden @ FSU picked him up and he was scheduled to be roomates with Peter Warrick.

No, his drug dealer friend just wants his dumbass friend to make something with his talent. This is what I'm talking about, by bringing him here your taking him from Memphis which just isn't a good place for Pacman.

I don't disagree about any philosophy because there are none. Were you one of the same who didn't want Merriweather either because of his past? Or Moss? Dillon? I'm not saying lets sign every idiot in the NFL, but when your an idiot with talent why not try to turn it around? It never hurts. You sign a guy to a one year deal, if ANYTHING happens, you cut him with no losses for you and the end for him. I just don't feel insecure in that deal with the potential reward coming from it.

:agree:

Risk/Reward. If PATs are willing to risk losing a pick ... why not.
From indications I've seen they are going CB in later rounds. With
PJ they get a starter immediately and hopefully some time to get the
Drafted CB up to speed.
If PJ doesn't work out they still have enough DBs to still put out a
good Secondary product. Especially if Meriweather can be moved to CB.

People do change. With the right influences and the threat of losing it
all .... he just might turn it around. It would probably come down to
a conversation between BB and PJ. If BB gets the vibes PJ can be a new
man then he'll probably say yes.
(assuming contract and reinstatement issues are resolved)

Last edited:
I can't believe that so many of you are comparing PacMan to Moss, Dillon and others.
This guy has been involved with the cops like 10 times in 3 years.
He gets in fights at strip clubs WHILE he's waiting to go to court for getting in fights at strip clubs.
Honestly, I think some of you should have your heads examined.
It's not a lack of veteran leadership, or being in the wrong city.
It's HIM.
Maybe it's time to get a grip on reality.
Seriously guys.

he should be in jail.

I think we can all agree that he has shot enough people.

Now if the Pats do get him, it means something happened that we don't know about, and in that case it would probably be ok.

thanks, and God Bless America

I don't think B.B. would take pacman as a gift. What happens if he comes here and in the middle of our playoff run Pacman goes off and Moss or .... is incriminated? A whole season down the drain for a crazy? THAT is crazy. Trust our F. O. to fix our cb position. We reached 18 and 0 last year and then lost a game we were leading three minutes from the end. Have a little faith in THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS.

He stomped somebody and was involved in a gun incident. Also, he really wasn't rated higher than we picked him anyway.

He and a teammate are roommates in a dangerous area (much of Miami qualifies).

Only you say he was at fault because his roommate was shot at.

Not police, not reporters, just you. That's my only point. What do you know that none of these people do?

Based on the FBI’s Uniform Crime Reports Program, Miami ranks as the second most dangerous metropolitan area in the United States, based on the number of murders, rapes, robberies, aggravated assaults, burglaries and motor vehicle thefts that have occurred in the metropolitan area. The city proper ranks 14th in the United States.[42]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miami,_Florida#cite_note-41

I think you are being a little deceiptful here, with all due respect. The facts you stated do not explain why Meriweather was a target of this "random" act of violence. Obviously, the problem here is that he was hanging around the wrong crowd. Coincidentally, Warrick Dunn, Peyton Manning, Tedy Bruschi, and Troy Brown have never been shot at.

It's amazing, every time I log on here, I find a new qualification for "most ******ed post I've ever read"

I know as Pats fans we like to continuously elevate the bar, but I think elevating the bar on the '****** meter' is probably taking it a bit too far.

He ran over a cop. It's what it's called.

If you want to be technical, according to EVERYONE involved, he NUDGED a TRAFFIC AGENT. It's what they're called. "Running Over" infers that someone went OVER something. Nudge involves someone "bumped" something. Moreover, you have, on 2 different threads, said "ran over a cop". Again, work on that recto-cranial inversion. Cops have guns and badges and are appropriately trained. Traffic Agents have white gloves, whistles, and no comparable training, badges, or weapons - they are glorified School Crossing Guards.

If you're still not convinced, try this:
Robert and Delaina Nelson of Robbinsdale, Minn., saw much of the incident and called it one of the most ridiculous episodes they've ever seen. They also said they had no doubt that the driver -- whom they later learned was Moss -- did not intend to hurt the traffic agent.

Rather, Delaina Nelson said, it seemed to be a "cat-and-mouse game" in which he wanted her to get out of his way.

"He was in the wrong, and she put herself in a dangerous position," Robert Nelson told the Star Tribune. "I think if he had been a madman, he would have just run over her and kept going."

See, when someone says hypothetically "if X, then Y" (X being Randy being a madman, Y being he ran over a traffic agent), THAT CLEARLY SUGGESTS THAT BOTH STATEMENTS ARE FALSE. Work on reading comprehension, I've read too many moronic posts in this single thread to have any patience left for ******s.

Id give up our own 3rd rounder but not Oaklands pick we own, Id only do the trade cause the Pats have tons of great veteran leadership in Harrison, Bruschi, Seymour, and Seau if he comes back. It would also have to be a one year prove it type deal...

However you slice it, Pacman is not the first troubled player to get multiple chances, and he won't be the last. The question is whether or not people think he's worth the trouble. I trust that BB will do his homework.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes