PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pacman: Why not a 3rd pick for him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, his drug dealer friend just wants his dumbass friend to make something with his talent. This is what I'm talking about, by bringing him here your taking him from Memphis which just isn't a good place for Pacman.

I don't disagree about any philosophy because there are none. Were you one of the same who didn't want Merriweather either because of his past? Or Moss? Dillon? I'm not saying lets sign every idiot in the NFL, but when your an idiot with talent why not try to turn it around? It never hurts. You sign a guy to a one year deal, if ANYTHING happens, you cut him with no losses for you and the end for him. I just don't feel insecure in that deal with the potential reward coming from it.

I trust Belichicks judgment. BB has historically passed on any kind of problem player, that's why you can count the exceptions on one hand and still have fingers left.

Other than the fact that this guy has'nt been reinstated, and might not get reinstated. No thanxs, Iwould be more interested in someone like Odell Thurmon. Pacman, is a leopard who won't change his spots regardless of where he is or who he is surrounded with.

The difference is that Pacman doesn't WANT to change. Unless they were threatening him, he would buy his own strip club and beat strippers all night long.

Dillon wanted to win.

Moss wanted to prove people wrong.

Pacman just wants to get paid and have a "posse".

He's a loser!

Well, he did say he put a stripper pole in his house so he did not have to go to the clubs. :)

However, The guy is not a loser on the field, everywhere else.....yes indeed.

I almost feel dirty for saying this, but he's worth a shot. I honestly believe that the Vetran group from Randy, Brady to Vrabel and Bru that they could give him a fighting chance to stay honest - Not to mention BB. Maybe not, but they did say he would redo his contract.

I'd like to see his talent on the Patriots pitch, just not the rest. Perhaps I'm wishing for too much.

I trust Belichicks judgment. BB has historically passed on any kind of problem player, that's why you can count the exceptions on one hand and still have fingers left.

You didn't read the Merriweather part, did you.

I wouldn't mind having him on the team as long as when they weren't on the field, he would be required to be chained and shackled to one of the veterans (Brady, Harrison, Bruschi, Vrabel) or BB himself. Also cover our ass with a ton of behavior clauses. Why not, the rest of the NFL hates the Patriots and their fans anyway.

Last edited:
Because it's WAY too risky. This guy is more than a headcase. He's a chronic headcase THUG. He does one thing wrong and he's GONE for the league. Is this seriously a website for people who follow football????

You didn't read the Merriweather part, did you.

Brandon's character issues were overblown. He stomped someone during a full on brawl. That wasn't a good thing, but it's easier to swallow then all of the BS Pacman's pulled off the field.

And before anyone brings up the shooting Meriweather was involved in, I'll remind you that he was returning fire at a robber (and missed), who had just shot his roommate. The gun was legally owned, he had a permit, the attempted robbery took place at Meriweather's apartment, and the police didn't charge him with anything, as he was well within his rights. An $800 laptop had been stolen from their apartment something like a week prior to that attempted robbery, too.

If anything he might have saved his roommate's life, and in reality I would hardly call that a "character concern". But, some idiot (Felger) who knew little about the situation tried to turn it into a "Night Club" shooting, when that wasn't even close to reality.

Last edited:
This guy has obvious 1st round talent for a CB..

This is probably the only other guy other than Donte Hall three years ago and Hester this year that Punters are instructed to punt away from. The maddest I ever saw BB was when we punted to Pac Man in the Harrison injury game! Remember than?

Pac Man is a top 5 KR/PR and a top 5 cornerback talent league wide.

And before anyone brings up the shooting Meriweather was involved in, I'll remind you that he was returning fire at a robber (and missed), who had just shot his roommate. The gun was legally owned, he had a permit, the attempted robbery took place at Meriweather's apartment, and the police didn't charge him with anything, as he was well within his rights. An $800 laptop had been stolen from their apartment something like a week prior to that attempted robbery, too.

I think you are being a little deceiptful here, with all due respect. The facts you stated do not explain why Meriweather was a target of this "random" act of violence. Obviously, the problem here is that he was hanging around the wrong crowd. Coincidentally, Warrick Dunn, Peyton Manning, Tedy Bruschi, and Troy Brown have never been shot at.

you are right about Manning. Sexual harassment is his style.

interesting PJ nice find, this guy is also a rat to his own friends, who knows, he may even call a press conference to reveal our game plan if we sign him, but then again, is we look past cynicism is shows he has a willingness to change as he wants to give up strip clubs, which he should have done years ago not last wednesday, im still not sold on him, and this makes me go hmmm even longer

You don't know that. He's on a young team with no veteran leaders in a city that isn't suited for him. I think it would be a great situation for him here. He knows if he ****ed up he'd be done not only here, but everywhere. I don't think he would. He never had such veteran locker room leaders either. And lets be honest, the streets of Boston are probably easier for him to stay outta trouble then Memphis. JMO.

To see our CB situation and not want to give up a 4th for him is insane. A 4th rounder in reality has little chance of contributing. So you figure your taking that same roll with Pacman, except with promised talent.

This is BS. No veteran leaders? What is Keith Bulluck? Chopped Liver? How about Benji Gil?

There are plenty of others who are leaders on that team. You're just making up excuses for Jones.

You can't compare Pacman Jones and Randy Moss.

It is true that Moss was immature + only played when he wanted to in other towns, but he was never involved in anything in the real world (a shooting where a man was paralzyed) half as serious as Pacman Jones.

There are degrees to which one can be considered a problem child. Moss + Jones are two very different cases.

Besides, I wouldn't want to root for someone like Pacman Jones.

I think you are being a little deceiptful here, with all due respect. The facts you stated do not explain why Meriweather was a target of this "random" act of violence. Obviously, the problem here is that he was hanging around the wrong crowd. Coincidentally, Warrick Dunn, Peyton Manning, Tedy Bruschi, and Troy Brown have never been shot at.

You're own words show you to be ignorant of the situation. It was a "RANDOM" act of violence. He was a "target" because people in the neighborhood he lived in (which wasn't the greatest, but was what he could afford) knew that he played at the "U". Its you who are being disingenuous with your implication that the only reason Meriweather was "targeted" was because of his roommate.

He lives in Miami, has a legal gun and it's his fault he's the victim of an armed robbery?

shot outside his residence near campus

Can't find anything to support your innuendo. He and his roomate have an apartment near campus and were victims of an inteneded robbery according to everything I can find.

Please give us the information only you have.

Last edited:
You can't compare Pacman Jones and Randy Moss.

It is true that Moss was immature + only played when he wanted to in other towns, but he was never involved in anything in the real world (a shooting where a man was paralzyed) half as serious as Pacman Jones.

There are degrees to which one can be considered a problem child. Moss + Jones are two very different cases.

Besides, I wouldn't want to root for someone like Pacman Jones.

Moss had, at the ripe old age of 20, been convicted of assault, possession of marijuana, and domestic battery.

He was, by his own admission, still smoking weed while playing in the NFL, and he ran over a cop while playing for the Vikings. Yes, he's had time to grow up, but let's not pretend that Mr. Moss was too busy singing choir to misbehave in his younger days.

He was, by his own admission, still smoking weed while playing in the NFL, and he ran over a cop while playing for the Vikings. Yes, he's had time to grow up, but let's not pretend that Mr. Moss was too busy singing choir to misbehave in his younger days.

Would you stfu with your lying. Moss did NOT run over a cop. He nudged her with his car. BIG difference.

No one is pretending that Moss has been a choir boy his entire career in the league. But its a far cry from causing multiple brawls at various strip joints, one of which resulted in a bouncer, who was not involved originally, being paralyzed for life.

Would you stfu with your lying. Moss did NOT run over a cop. He nudged her with his car. BIG difference.

No one is pretending that Moss has been a choir boy his entire career in the league. But its a far cry from causing multiple brawls at various strip joints, one of which resulted in a bouncer, who was not involved originally, being paralyzed for life.

He ran over a cop. It's what it's called. The humor of you defending that is worth reading your post, though. Feel free to defend his other, earlier, transgressions while you're at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes