PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pacman Jones suspended for season, Henry for 8 games

Status
Not open for further replies.

midwestpatsfan

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
for the entire year and chris henry (cinci) for 8 weeks. WOW!!!

Last edited:
Re: pacman jones suspended!!!

Chris Henry not Washington.

Well deserved IMO, anyone care to guess who's next?

I got my money on Randy Moss, he's been quite for toooo long.

Last edited:

About time something like this happens, looks like some guys in the NFL will have to clean up their acts.. Cincinnatti better watch out, if they get into trouble like they did last year.. they might be looking for replacement players in week 10.

After what Fisher and his gang pulled on us to end the season, only bad things should happen to them. F*ck you Fisher.

Hats of the commissioner for taking a stand. There will be a lot of players out there today looking at this and thinking: I have got to get my act together, there's no longer any leeway in my behaviour.

If you study the list of the conditions on the these guys have to adhere to to earn their right to play again, it's really pretty tough. NFL.com.

There will be a lot of players out there today looking at this and thinking: I have got to get my act together, there's no longer any leeway in my behaviour.

I hope you're right, but it wouldn't surprise me if reaction was just the opposite. I'll bet they're all going to be b!tching and moaning that the commissioner was too harsh, that Pacman was misunderstood, that race played a factor, blah, blah, etc.

Last edited:

Henry not Washington.

Pacman can actually be reinstated after 10 games.
Says they will review things after 10 games, but I guess I do not interpret it to mean he MAY be reinstated this season.

Pacman suspened...

For a year,just saw it on NFL network.Chris Henry is suspended for half the next season.

oops, fixed the washington/henry mistake.

Re: Pacman suspened...

Sorry midwestpf,didnt see your post when I submitted mine....

With this punishment and future ones on the way, will the Bengals be able to field a team next year?

Last edited:

Trade Asante for the Titans first and second rounders.

I disagree with this. Goodell should've waited until there was a conviction or at the least until charges were filed. A lot of Pacman's troubles haven't stuck legally, and I think that he could've sent a better message there. I find it troubling that a player (Merriman) can openly cheat, attacking the integrity of the game on the field, and have a minimal suspension and be awarded a Pro Bowl and DPOY considerations, while this is handled so harshly. I'm all for upholding the code of conduct when players are convicted, but let due process play through first. Then send your message.

Anyone else catch the NFL network breaking news on this? Marshall Faulk was defending Pacman, he kept saying he cant understand how someone with only 1 conviction can get a year suspension when someone with 3 ( Chris Henry ) gets 8 games.
Hmmm just maybe its because Henry is charged with relatively minor offences & Pacman is either directly or indirectly responsible for some poor guy being paralyzed for life??? I dont know how anyone can defend this scum bag.

This sends a great message, lets hope Upshaw and the NFLPA dont fight this... the guy needs to be gone for a yr, let him reapply in a yr and see if he turns his life around..

I disagree with this. Goodell should've waited until there was a conviction or at the least until charges were filed. A lot of Pacman's troubles haven't stuck legally, and I think that he could've sent a better message there. I find it troubling that a player (Merriman) can openly cheat, attacking the integrity of the game on the field, and have a minimal suspension and be awarded a Pro Bowl and DPOY considerations, while this is handled so harshly. I'm all for upholding the code of conduct when players are convicted, but let due process play through first. Then send your message.

Convictions are irrelevant to the enforcement of the Code of Conduct. Due process was served: the NFL didn't like how Jones went about his business, and there is language in the contract that spells out possible punitive action. Done.

I disagree with this. Goodell should've waited until there was a conviction or at the least until charges were filed. A lot of Pacman's troubles haven't stuck legally.
Neither did OJ's crime but I wouldn't want him playing in the NFL if he were still able to. Convictions are irrelevant, they are what's necessary to lose your freedom and there is a tough standard for that . . . playing in the NFL is a priviledge, not a right like your freedom is until you're convicted. We need the sh!t out of the game, this is a start.

The NEXT time PacMan gets in trouble with the law, he'll have to take his shoe off to count it. CHRONICALLY in trouble. NFL has changed their policy on ProBowls and DPOY considerations for Steroid users. BTW, how did Mr. Steroid Sauerbrun work for ya??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye