PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Packers release CB Ahmad Carroll... (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Z

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
They are horribly coached and managed. This kid is a lot better than the baggage would indicate.

Re: Packers release CB Ahmad Carroll...

Johnny Z said:
They are horribly coached and managed. This kid is a lot better than the baggage would indicate.

Did you watch him last night? How do you coach an NFL DB on how to defend a Jet route? He was getting beat, not out foxed, just flat out beat!

Ahmad Carroll could make a splendid reclamation project
at our position of dire need.

Carroll was getting torched badly last night, but I'm not sure it is wise for the team to single out one player in an all around bad secondary. Al Harris got beat pretty badly a few times and had several penalties called against him but you don't see the team bringing his name up.

Carroll has been playing like crap since the day he arrived in the NFL. Nothing to see here, move along.

Seymour93 said:
Carroll has been playing like crap since the day he arrived in the NFL. Nothing to see here, move along.

hey S93...whats the story of you signature pic. Michigan State head coach clearly not very happy.

In Patriot Reign BB put Carroll on his list of guys he would like to draft.

R_T26 said:
In Patriot Reign BB put Carroll on his list of guys he would like to draft.

Interesting. I guess my question for a lot of these type of potential signings is "why not"? I mean, we have Troy Brown playing D, and no matter how big a Troy Brown fan you are - and I am a big one - I don't think anyone, including Troy particularly wants to see this happen. It can't hurt depth, our secondary is prone to injuries, and if the guy does suck, then you cut him a la David Terrell, but it's worth the risk.

Last edited:
His performance could depend on system,confidence, etc.

His bio coming out of college was that of a hard worker, speed, great skills, 3.5 year starter.

May be worth a look.

Carroll is this decades Chris Canty

sounds like from all the positives that he may just need a change of scenery, but does anyone know if he still has to clear waivers first?

BradyManny2344 said:
Interesting. I guess my question for a lot of these type of potential signings is "why not"? I mean, we have Troy Brown playing D, and no matter how big a Troy Brown fan you are - and I am a big one - I don't think anyone, including Troy particularly wants to see this happen. It can't hurt depth, our secondary is prone to injuries, and if the guy does suck, then you cut him a la David Terrell, but it's worth the risk.

I know thats right I'm a huge Troy Brown fan also and I say lets give Ahmad Carroll a look what can it hurt I believe his problem is coaching because at the University of Arkansas he was a very good cornerback and with the 4.3 speed he has under our system I can truly say he will get much better coaching. We need Troy on offense to get those crucial first downs for us again.

ChockBlkr said:
sounds like from all the positives that he may just need a change of scenery, but does anyone know if he still has to clear waivers first?

Why does it matter? No one is claiming him.

maybe he is not a #1 or #2 corner but he may do very well as a nickle or dime back.

I agree with the above ^^^. The bottom line is, we need depth at DB, it's either him, Troy Vincent, or a street free agent.

Think of it this way...if we can make Randall Gay & Hank Poteat contribute on this team, why not Ahmad Carroll?

I'm all for signing a DB. If history tells us anything, it's that we're going to need more defensive backs. We're starting to lose them already. Thank goodness Hank Poteat was around.

Carroll was considered very raw coming out of college. That said, he's still very raw and not getting any better. Hank Poteat is better, and Wilson should be coming back and can play corner. Pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back