PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Packers losing threads (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Giants-Packers Officiating

I think what is most relevant is that throughout the weekend they pretty much left defenses play. I don't think I saw one pass interference or illegal contact. And yet, scoring was still pretty high except for BAL-HOU.

They also let offensive lineman "play". Lotta holds going uncalled.

I think what is most relevant is that throughout the weekend they pretty much left defenses play. I don't think I saw one pass interference or illegal contact. And yet, scoring was still pretty high except for BAL-HOU.

I noticed that too, especially PI.

You talking about the fumble that wasnt called even on review?

IIRC, Bill Leavy was also the ref for SB40 Steelers-Seahawks and some awful calls there, most notably calling Hasselbeck for a low block on an int return when he was trying to tackle the ball carrier......

I hope that crew isn't scheduled for anymore playoff games. It is inexplicable how that was not a fumble.

Not to worry, the Packers steadfastly refused to hold on to the ball the rest of the game to make up for it.

Re: I hate to admit it: The Haters Were Right!!

Felger has been one of these prime culprits and I can't wait to hear excuses today about the packers with their "better than the Patriots'" defense. I didn't have anything against the Packers or Saints, but I could never figure out how they didn't get the same level of criticism for having crappy defenses.

Reasons:

GB and NO have won the past two Super Bowls so they get some cover.

Since they are more "pressure" oriented, they get a pass because the general theme of mediots is "pressure".
It's almost comical how bad the Packers were yesterday. Look at the eight drops and Rodger's overthrows. There wasn't a Giants defender is the same timezone. Yet that's "pressure".

They aren't the Patriots. If the Patriots were some other team, we would of had in depth statisitical analysis of how much garbage time stats distorted the Patriots stats.

The general disregard that turnovers actually do matter.

Imagine if the Giants had lost that game? There were several seriously not even questionable calls, they were just plain wrong!

The fumble was abvioulsy a fumble, the hit to the head, was not.

I think that ref is battling cancer, so maybe we should cut him some slack on his looks, but maybe, he shouldn't be out there...........

Felger has been one of these prime culprits and I can't wait to hear excuses today about the packers with their "better than the Patriots'" defense. I didn't have anything against the Packers or Saints, but I could never figure out how they didn't get the same level of criticism for having crappy defenses.

Why put yourself through that? Just don't listen to him. I know it's fashionable here to bash EEI as old-and-done, but at least with Holley and Ordway you feel like you're listening to two adults talking.

Big problem with trying to go 16-0 or even 15-1 is that most of the teams are peaking early and then have nothing left for the stretch run. You give other good teams an opportunity to figure your team out and then god forbid you play them again. The packers were really, really unfortunate this year. Man even the first score was the same as it was when we played the Giants i'n 2007.

Last edited:

In that Indy dome? I think we lose both to NO and GB. Good thing they can't take care of their own business.

Its a coin flip.. The Pats are just as unstoppable. I guess we will never know.. i am hoping the Giants win and I hope the Pats win. The pats could potentially take out 2 birds with 1 stone this play off run.. Get revenge for 2009 and get a little bit of pay back for 2007. We already got to see the Jets implode lol!

ha ,,watching the game and once they went to review the fumble, the tv commentators all agreed that it was a clear fumble and seemed shocked when they came up with the call !! That worries me when Refs can make such bad calls,,and takes me back to some bad memories { i.e. the no holding call when I. Manning was being sacked in the SB }. Even NFL expert ,,,damn forgot his name as i am writing for officiating was called Live during the game and was kinda of shocked too over the call. It was a clear fumble.

I can't see why they could include helmet-to-helmet hits on replay. He either did or did not hit the helmet.
I agree. Heck I think they should include pass interference. If you can determine PI at full speed you should be able to at super slo-mo from 5 angles. PI can be a 50 yard penalty, it deserves a second look sometimes.

I think the NFL is afraid of the hellstorms that would ensue if coaches were able to challenge penalties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes