PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Packers losing threads (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
the key to beating any great pass offense is to get to the QB and no one does it better then the gaints, but they are not going to beat the 49ers

Giants-Packers Officiating

So, I just watched the highlights and man. MAN, guys. All those people who say the NFL is rigged—I mean, it's not like I suddenly buy that ****, but ************, I have a hard time believing the refs weren't throwing for the Packers.

Re: Giants-Packers Officiating

It was disgusting, NFL should be embarrassed.

So, I just watched the highlights and man. MAN, guys. All those people who say the NFL is rigged—I mean, it's not like I suddenly buy that ****, but ************, I have a hard time believing the refs weren't throwing for the Packers.

You talking about the fumble that wasnt called even on review?

You talking about the fumble that wasnt called even on review?

how about the phantom RTP call on Rodgers? Absolutey clean and didn't come close to hitting Rodgers in the helmet.

I have many Giant fan friends (sorry) and a couple have like serious JFK grassy knoll theories about how refs get 'the call' from the 'guy upstairs' at certain times to affect the outcome of the game. They were in full blown paranoia mode today.

"See it's fixed! It's fixed!"

Then after the game when they're all going nuts I was like "what kind of idiot is the guy upstairs if the team he's fixing it for gets killed?"

I have many Giant fan friends (sorry) and a couple have like serious JFK grassy knoll theories about how refs get 'the call' from the 'guy upstairs' at certain times to affect the outcome of the game. They were in full blown paranoia mode today.
These sorts of people absolutely baffle me. Not how someone can think a game is fixed, but the way they supposedly go about it. If the league (or anyone else) working with the refs wanted to "fix" a game, they wouldn't make some sort of clandestine phone call at various points of the game. And they wouldn't do obvious things like make such a ridiculously bad call. What they would do is throw out the ocassional offensive holding and defensive pass interference against the Giants, two flags which can be thrown on virtually every play.

Of course, the notion that the NFL would fix a game is sheer idiocy of the highest degree. They are making money hand over fist and the Super Bowl is going to break ratings records no matter who plays. Why would they risk their entire existence to gain virtually nothing?

Pretty ugly must be said, 3 dreadful calls that I can remember.

Why wasn't the RTP call challenged? No helmets even touched:confused:

Last edited:

how about the phantom RTP call on Rodgers? Absolutey clean and didn't come close to hitting Rodgers in the helmet.

It actually did, but not immediately (Umenyiora(?)'s helmet grazed the back of Rodgers' helmet).

Nevertheless, it was a ticky-tack call.

Pretty ugly must be said, 3 dreadful call that I can remember.

Why wasn't the RTP call challenged? No helmets even touched:confused:
That play can't be challenged. Very few penalties are challengeable.

I hope that crew isn't scheduled for anymore playoff games. It is inexplicable how that was not a fumble.

All I have to say is that was a fumble and everyone knew it. If the ref wanted to screw the giants he should did the old "false start #70" lol.

Sometimes I feel the refs screw us over more than anyone else. I will never forget some of those pass interference calls in the 06 afccg. The one in the 07 superbowl that pissed me off the most was when piere woods recovered a fumble and just laid on it and the refs allowed him to be molested. Im glad the packs lost mainly because the refs tried to help them.

And yes i will not complain if we get any calls in our favor next sunday. As far as im concerned the league owes us 2 superbowls(06&07).

These sorts of people absolutely baffle me. Not how someone can think a game is fixed, but the way they supposedly go about it. If the league (or anyone else) working with the refs wanted to "fix" a game, they wouldn't make some sort of clandestine phone call at various points of the game. And they wouldn't do obvious things like make such a ridiculously bad call. What they would do is throw out the ocassional offensive holding and defensive pass interference against the Giants, two flags which can be thrown on virtually every play.

Of course, the notion that the NFL would fix a game is sheer idiocy of the highest degree. They are making money hand over fist and the Super Bowl is going to break ratings records no matter who plays. Why would they risk their entire existence to gain virtually nothing?

Some people believe there's a better story to sell that might get better rating etc... like the guy that wrote "The Fix is in" wrote it after the 2001 Pats won the SB, said it left a bad taste in his mouth, pats hater??? lol. He was actually trying to link it to media propaganda surrounding the Iraq War, Patriots-USA!-Red White and Blue!! probably a jets fan.:rolleyes:

Haven't read the book I've read a lot of material on his web-site. I love a good conspiracy but this one just doesn't hold much weight even for my over active imagination.

You can build a good story around any SB match-up, fixing games to do so is just ridiculous. I can buy into an occasional ref or player with a gambling problem point shaving here and there but that's entirely different.

Last edited:

Not to mention that lesbian Clay Matthews DID hit Manning helmet to helmet earlier in the game and didn't get called for it. That was the most disgusting, atrocious excuse for "officiating" that I've seen in an NFL game for some time. I had to double check to make sure I wasn't watching the NBA.

That play can't be challenged. Very few penalties are challengeable.

Is there any good reason for the limits on how challenges can be used? That kind of sucks...Do they even bother to look at the jumbotron replaying it? Geez.

I hate to admit it: The Haters Were Right!!

There's no way in HELL we stop Green Bay's Offense in the Super Bowl!! :D

Pats didn't rest their starters in '09. If they had, Welker wouldn't have blown out his knee.

Indeed. They SHOULD have rested their starters in '09.

This had nothing to do with resting starters. All of the problems the Packers had today, dropped passes, poor defense, sloppy play, were issues during the last part of the season. The Packers played and looked just like they did against the Chiefs.

Re: I hate to admit it: The Haters Were Right!!

Lets not go there yet, spitting on another teams grave before we even make it to where we want to be?

I'd say, lets get there first?

Re: I hate to admit it: The Haters Were Right!!

I know. at least now we're saved the embarrassment of losing to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes