PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Packer fans are attempting a mass boycott. Will you join?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm willing to share some of the past 2 years' winners in recorded, commercial-free glory if that mitigates the pain...
PM if you'd like! :D

I'll continue to watch, but for wholly different reasons now. Up until the end of week 1, it was mostly entertaining to see this pile of scabs in action. But now the scabs are festering.

I'll watch with the same morbid fascination that we all employ (enjoy??) when passing a fatal car wreck on the highway.

Grotesque and hideous, but I cannot turn away. Yet.

Then again, I have to face my own countenance in the shaving mirror each day.

I'm a former hack version of an old time hockey player. The rougher the better IMO. I like this nasty NFL again ... is the stickum coming back???

I'll be watching ... screw the baby Packer fans ... go cry in your cheese heads you fools. You had all game to win ... and so did we. Anyone who blames one play for a victory or a loss simply doesn't understand the game. One more first down and that game was over for us ... and we choked it. Sure we could have won ... but we choked. A lucky fumble recovery almost got us a victory.

Even as a youth soccer coach I told my team game after game ... if you leave this game up to the refs ... if I leave it up to the refs and we lose then it's on us. always - always - always win with room to spare or face the music if you don't.

I'll be watching and spending as always ... even alone if need be.

Last edited:
LA...the land that couldn't support an NFL team when it had one is going to boycott. Or at least 3300 of the millions who inhabit lala land may.

I found a far more fascinating article linked on the page. They should have a pole probing interest in persuing this potential approach to longevity.

Men without testicles might live longer, study suggests - latimes.com

Lots of people in LA watch football; they just don't really care whether or not they have their own team. I'm probably a pretty good example: a new team could move into a stadium 10 minutes away from me, and I'd still be a Patriots fan instead.

As far as media markets go -- which markets have the largest raw number of people turning on the TV and watching football games -- I'd be willing to bet that LA is very high up there, even without a local team.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I'd be willing to exert considerable will power on my part to forego a week of football to protest this debacle...

... but the Patriots don't have a bye this week. :bricks:

What's worse is you now have casual fans, that wouldn't give two stink nuggets from their pet rabbit's behind about the regular season otherwise, talking about it because it's become the thing to talk about and will be eager to tune in this week to watch the madness.

Make no mistake, this whole fiasco is tarnishing the NFL's image, but I think any damage felt will be long term rather than short term. Ratings this week (outside of GB at least) will be huge.

I found a far more fascinating article linked on the page. They should have a pole probing interest in persuing this potential approach to longevity.

pole probing?

what is this...some weirdo deviant sex site ...or what?

This past Monday was the first time I can ever remember not watching football. I aj so disgusted with the officiating that the games have become unbearable to watch foe me. Once I found out what happened today I wasn't the least surprised to hear that the game was determined by a bad call.

I am currently setting up a tee time with some friends on Sunday afternoon. IDuring the Pats game I was texting back and forth with my sister stating that I am hopeful for a win but fear that there will be bad calls made by the refs which will in essence determine the outcome of the game win or lose for the Pats. I don't like seeing my team or any team win or lose a game due to bad officiating. I won't be watching any more football until the real refs are back and that really pisses me off. I will get my fix by watching college ball... Now who should I root for in the college ranks?

i missed the MNF game on purpose

i will not be watching any games that do not include the Patriots, and i usually follow football all week on sunday

thats a good and easy way to boycott the NFL i think (im also limiting my time on nfl.com)

those who have tix should go to the games, why not? let fans follow their teams, just dont follow the other games

It's simple, here is your chance to stand up for what you are passionate about and what you really believe in. You have little to lose. Personally I am in. I can very easily control myself for one weekend. It's up to you. Just my two cents. Or you could sit by, do nothing, and cry about it on here next week when it happens again....

I sympathize with the Packers. The NFL then rubs it in their face saying it was pass interference, but we're going to support the refs on the simultaneous catch. Give me a break.

The sad part is I bet ratings are going to be higher and higher with the referee circus being its own event within the game. I don't normally watch games other than the Patriots, but I feel inclined to watch these prime time games that get the largest audience to showcase the ineptitude of these referees.

The only way ratings would decline is if the players strike and we had replacement players to play with the replacement officials. Imagine? They cannot strike due to the CBA. What I would like to see is two teams agree to knee out an entire game in protest of player safety. Leaving the game in a dead tie.

I'll be watching ... screw the baby Packer fans ... go cry in your cheese heads you fools. You had all game to win ... and so did we. Anyone who blames one play for a victory or a loss simply doesn't understand the game. One more first down and that game was over for us ... and we choked it. Sure we could have won ... but we choked. A lucky fumble recovery almost got us a victory.

I disagree with you. Do you really believe the replacement referees and the first Patriots below .500 since 2003 is really a coincidence?

I am confident I could have made one phantom call in each of the Patriots 3 Superbowl victories and the most inopportune time and reversed the outcome. Imagine one phantom offensive PI on the final drive of the Rams superbowl. Then all of a sudden it's overtime and the Patriots lose. Then you would be here saying the Patriots deserved to lose that superbowl. Blown calls DO matter.

It's not just about the Packers, it's about the replacement refs and what the owners are doing to this game with the lock-out. Will I boycott? Probably not. And what's worse, I'm also a Packers fan lol. I'll pretty much watch the Pack and the Pats and skip everything else.

Still, this thing has gotten way out of hand. That last series in the MNF game was about as bizarre as it gets. 3 bad calls against the Packers, the RTP on Erik Walden when Russell Wilson was outside the pocket nullifying the INT, the DPI on Shields when he defended the pass in a perfect text-book fashion and Rice was all over his back, and then the last play with the no OPI call and the int for a TD. Sure seemed like them replacements wanted to gift-wrap the game for the Hawks and they did.

Last edited:
Isn't it funny that everyone seems to think we used to live in a world of flawless refereeing. This effects every team in the same way - I really don't get what all the fuss is about. Screw the strikers is what I say. Sack 'em and move on.

Anyone who blames one play for a victory or a loss simply doesn't understand the game.
So it would have been fine if the refs got it wrong with Adam's kick against the Rams because we didn't play well enough to have blown them out prior to the kick?

It would have been fine for the Tuck Rule to not be enforced because we hadn't blown out the Raiders prior to the call?

All the plays don't count?

Hey, it's still football played at the highest level, I don't care if my blind great grandfather is out there with his nursing home pals as officials, I will be watching. The "real" refs make horrible calls too and until they agree to either be full time officials with that kind of pay and use the off season to hone their skills to perfection or reduce their salary demands then I don't want to see the league and owners budge on this.

Currently the nfl is a show where idiots play, morons "officiate", and fools hand over their time and money to watch. I am not wasting my time on this sham, patriots or otherwise, until the refereeing is credible. I will keep my eyes on this board and the web to see if that happens. Until then no American football for me, thank you very much.

Does anyone really think that a small market team will influence the behemoth that is the NFL??

If this happened to Philly, NY Giants, Dallas, New England or even if it happened to the San Fran area teams.. then the outcry would be loud enough, and maybe something would happen.

People are gonna watch and buy gear, the NFL is a cash cow..

LMAO.

That is all.

Currently the nfl is a show where idiots play, morons "officiate", and fools hand over their time and money to watch. I am not wasting my time on this sham, patriots or otherwise, until the refereeing is credible. I will keep my eyes on this board and the web to see if that happens. Until then no American football for me, thank you very much.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

With that attitude of yours, however, I suspect you'd fit right in on any Jets boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back