PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

package picks, move up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bwahaha Pacman.

Difference is the money that goes along with being in the top 5. Those rookies get paid a heck of a lot of money when they haven't played a down yet. It sets a franchise back when their "franchise" players don't pan out.

Big Sey wasn't a bust. Just to add to the list. :)

Sorry CPG- didn't mean to repeat what you said...missed your post.

You're suspended for two months without pay!

You didn't say the same thing, you just talked about a couple of the same players. Oh well.

I can see us trading in to the 10-15 range, trading both firsts and getting a pick back, hopefully a second, but more likely a 3rd. It is the top 5-8 that are overpriced. Also, I believe we get a sixth year for the top 15.
----------------------------

I am thinking that Pats trade out of one of the spots for a 2nd this year and a first next season much like the Baltimore trade a few years ago. with many of the issues addressed and how the remaining ones, except interior D-line depth, are typically addressed later in the draft the Pats will hold firm and take the best offer and trade out of one of the 2 spots

I can't see the Pats giving up a whole bunch of draft choices to

get one specific player. As one poster suggests, they might trade

their two #1's for an early #1 and a #2 to target a player like

the free safety Nelson. More likely, they might use their #3 or #4 pick

to move up a few spots to get a player they want.

I would be a little disappointed if they don't come out of day #1

of the draft with a safety, linebacker, and cornerback.

I'd prefer to trade down. We need cheaper depth now after the active free agency.

Don't forget that we have no 2nd round pick this year

just wanna get your guys opinion on the pats moving up in the draft to get a special player. the way i see it they can prob package the 2 1st round picks and move up to about 9 or 10. anyone see that happening? if we can move up and get landry then i think were set on defense.

While it is possible, I think it is far more probable that we take a player with one of the 1st round picks and then trade down with the other one, picking up at a 2nd rounder this year and a first next year.

I see us as more likely to trade down than up.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if as things got close to our picks, we started hearing from teams that want to move up slightly in order to get a particular guy. With the two first rounders, we have flexibility. If someone is going to give us more first day picks to move a few spots, we'd have to look hard at it.

You're suspended for two months without pay!

You didn't say the same thing, you just talked about a couple of the same players. Oh well.

Suspended without pay?...didn't even know I was an employee.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back