PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Overtime Rules.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: What if?....

The only way that the NFL will view this rule as a success.... If Peyton Manning wins a SB due to it!

Seriously, this rule was only put in place so that Peyton would get a chance in OT if the opponent kicks a FG first.

This really should have been tried out in regular season. I see a lot of very confused fans if this happens during the playoffs.

Stupid or not, it would have been nice to at least implement in the regular season or pre-season to test it out a bit. The first time it will be done is in the play-offs, and the majority of fans won't understand what happens. Imagine Team A gets the ball, goes down the field and kicks a FG, and their fans are all celebrating the victory except...

The implementation of this rule change was awful. Most coaches weren't even aware of the change when it was announced because it was made without their input.

The playoff overtime rules suck, IMO. If you're going to change it, switch to the college version. If you're not going to do that, then don't change it at all.

Agreed. The more I'm reading about this, the more of a mistake it seems like it was to change it at all. I was always sort of on the fence about the "luck" factor involved in the OT coin flip. Yeah, it could give an unfair advantage, but it seemed like this year especially there weren't alot of one-drive-and-done OT games with a FG ending it. If you're good, or if you're not so good, especially on defense, you should be able to determine the outcome even if you lose the coin toss.

The playoff overtime rules suck, IMO. If you're going to change it, switch to the college version. If you're not going to do that, then don't change it at all.

College Football OT is the worst overtime in all of sports. I actually like the new ot rules myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back