Welcome to PatsFans.com

Overhaul of the U.S. security system ... Cabinet Secretarial Fighting

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Jul 31, 2008.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,148 / 13 / -27

#87 Jersey

This Congress report is great ... says our Presidents spend more time settling petty fights within their administrations than solving our problems ... nice!!!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080729/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/security_reform

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +429 / 12 / -26

I am not surprised, this administration seems to have used devisiveness as a PR tool against agencies and the congress and then pointing the finger.. see Rumsfield who not satisfied with the CIA so he started his own defense intelligence agency within the Pentagon.. it goes on and on.. the role of Gov't is to perpetuate itself, and this gov't has done a very good job.

3. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,148 / 13 / -27

#87 Jersey

I have mentioned this before ... one major thing Bush promised was to effectively manage government. He said he had great expertise as a manager because he was a governor and Al Gore was not and had no expertise.

Bush ... if I remember correctly also went on to say how bloated DC had become due to democrats building more infrastructure than what was needed .. too many agencies, too many buildings and all the rest.

He steamlined I believe 2 agencies and that was it. He then went on to spend money like a drunken sailor. I find it hard to believe any future President can be so inept as this man has been.

His government within a government has created many, many problems for the people there ... soon it will end. I may pick on Obama but Obama, McCain ... anything is and will be better.