PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Over-under on how long Haynesworth lasts

Status
Not open for further replies.

FredFromDartmouth

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Yesterday WEEI pegged the over under at 8 weeks. What are your thoughts on that?

The Patriots whiffed on a pass rusher in the draft and lost Tully so they are seriously desperate for a pass rush. They might be a little more tolerant than is usually the case.

A lot depends on the contract terms. If the Patriots do not have to pay him anything until the end of pre-season then he might have a hard time making it to the regular season.

Maybe Fat Albert realizes that this is his last chance and will change but I cannot seem him flying the straight and narrow for the whole season. 8 Weeks seems about right.

Stop starting this stupid thread.

First off, EEI is just a gaggle of idiots. An over/under is just a simplistic way of looking at it that listeners can comprehend I guess.

As for Haynesworth, I think he's got 4 weeks to prove he wants to play on this team or else he is cut at no cost except the draft pick. After that, I think he's as likely to be here all season as the rest of the roster.

"Lost Tully"? Are you kidding me? They also "lost" Ty Warren I guess.

In before Practice Squad move.

I think Haynesworth returns to dominant form, he and Wilfork will form the league's top DT tandem... Rapoport reports he will practice today, so he is off to a good start

Ian R. Rapoport
@RapSheet Ian R. Rapoport
Breaking: Albert Haynesworth will be on the practice field for the #Patriots, I'm told. He has passed his conditioning test.

Sometimes I despair at how some Patsfans can't wait to condemn our players as bust or failures. There's almost a gleeful rush to write them off before they've even started. I don't know why, maybe so if it doesn't work out you can be the dude on the internet who says "I told you so, check me out I called this back in July. I know football."

As I said in the other thread. Don't mind Fred.. He's the equivalent of a blind squirrel... A broken clock is right more often than Fred is..

As I said in the other thread. Don't mind Fred.. He's the equivalent of a blind squirrel... A broken clock is right more often than Fred is..

Ha; I am almost always right but very unpopular because of it. I was right about Brace being a disaster (who has since redeemed himself) and I was right about dissing Ty Warren for getting his degree--I got killed on this board for the Ty Warren comments but I was right and I am sure the Patriots were PO'ed at him also.

I hope Haynesworth works out; the Patriots would have a scary defense. But given his track record how realistic is that?

Instead of just attacking me why don't you give some estimates for how long he lasts and we will see who is right and who is wrong. I think 8 weeks.

AH and VW will both be all pros this year.

Ha; I am almost always right but very unpopular because of it. I was right about Brace being a disaster (who has since redeemed himself)

LOL, in other words, you were wrong about him. Great logic there.

I'm your huckleberry, and will easily take the over. In fact I think he lasts the whole season. You taking the over or under, Fred?

Ha; I am almost always right but very unpopular because of it. I was right about Brace being a disaster (who has since redeemed himself) and I was right about dissing Ty Warren for getting his degree--I got killed on this board for the Ty Warren comments but I was right and I am sure the Patriots were PO'ed at him also.

I hope Haynesworth works out; the Patriots would have a scary defense. But given his track record how realistic is that?

Instead of just attacking me why don't you give some estimates for how long he lasts and we will see who is right and who is wrong. I think 8 weeks.

Personally I would rather spend my time doing other things rather than predicting how quickly Patriots are going to fail.

Yesterday WEEI pegged the over under at 8 weeks. What are your thoughts on that?

The Patriots whiffed on a pass rusher in the draft and lost Tully so they are seriously desperate for a pass rush. They might be a little more tolerant than is usually the case.

A lot depends on the contract terms. If the Patriots do not have to pay him anything until the end of pre-season then he might have a hard time making it to the regular season.

Maybe Fat Albert realizes that this is his last chance and will change but I cannot seem him flying the straight and narrow for the whole season. 8 Weeks seems about right.

Fred, what is your problem? Stick to criticizing the radio commentators, you're much better at that.

I hate this thread.

This is not something a fan should ever post. Are you sure you root for this team? I'm not so sure.

Why are you creating the exact same version of your earlier thread that got moved to the Practice Squad?

Further, why is this guy allowed to create threads anywhere other than the Practice Squad?

Fred, what is your problem? Stick to criticizing the radio commentators, you're much better at that.

Yeah, and he stinks at that.

This thread reeks of desperation and arrogance.

I'll say AH plays with a chip on his shoulder this season knowing he is playing for a contract next season.....He plays so well that the $$$$ will be too high and BB lets him walk.....One Year Rental :rocker:

Perhaps Ian can rename this the "Fred' forum.

WTF? Do you re-instate the thread when AH is cut?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes