Welcome to PatsFans.com

Over 1000 discussing cheating

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by mgteich, Sep 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mgteich

mgteich PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +335 / 21 / -2

....Amazing!
  2. PonyExpress

PonyExpress Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 3 / -0

Most people seem to be discussing gamesmanship and how it is part of the NFL. Only a few are discussing "cheating", mostly trolls.
  3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +507 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

Geez, there was no cheating. A rule may have been broken - that doesn't mean cheating. Every team does advance scouting for the same results. NO CHEATING. They may have broken a rule but there's a rule about sock length too - if your sock is too low is that cheating ?
  4. DisgruntledTunaFan

DisgruntledTunaFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

From everything I've read, it was just that-a broken rule, and nothing more.

Like I said, come mid Oct when you guys visit us at hostile TX Stadium, the big buzz will be "TO vs Moss", and nothing more.
  5. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,237 / 9 / -7

#75 Jersey

Just because the other 31 teams put staffers in civilian clothes, arm them with cellphone cameras and put them in different seats in the stands doesn't mean they are any purer.

I am more pissed at the Patriots for their INCOMPETENCE in this. Putting a staffer in Patriots staff clothing AND putting him in full view on the sidelines? What they didn't have a flashing neon sign for Mr. Estrella?????

BB should be apologizing to everyone for THAT.

The Pats didn't put cameras to "spy" on the Jets when they were in private places. The signals are made in the open, in full view of 78,000 people. IMHO, because of that fact, videotaping is merely a procedural infraction. Should they be punished by the NFL for violating a rule? You bet, and to the fullest extent for that violation -- just like wearing socks too low, etc. But "cheating"? I don't see it.
  6. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,087 / 6 / -23

#61 Jersey

Also, it seems a pretty high-stakes job to give a junior employee like Estrella. Wasn't there a contingency plan in place for him to ditch the tape if challenged? This whole episode is just plan kooky. And I'm sick of seeing everyone and his mother's nephew giving their "opinion" on television/radio.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.