PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ovation for Romeo and Willie

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Did anyone show or mention what kinda ovation they got ? iam sure it must have been +ve but i havent seen or read much about it

And unlike the extensive coverage given to the Mangini/BB handshake we didn't get to see these coaches exchange greetings or Bradt greet Willie. Who the h*ll determines the coverage? Don't they know that that's also part of the storyline?

I wish I'd seen some coverage of that too.

It seems like the press far prefers the negative vs. 'feel good' stories unless it's big enough to exploit the hell out of it for a few weeks like Brett Favre, etc.

Did anyone show or mention what kinda ovation they got ? iam sure it must have been +ve but i havent seen or read much about it

Browns intro'd their D ... and Willy came last.
If Gillette had a dome, the greeting would've lifted it.

Postgame, McG said it was hard to focus on the game
with all that going one.
Quite touching.

Bruschi and Willie Mac were talking in the South EZ before the game.

Willie got a great ovation during intro's.

Last edited:
Willie got a big Ovation...

I was disapointed they didnt give us a chance to cheer Romeo...

Rodney got a big ovation too.

I would like to know what happened in the Post game hand shake?

Im glad the introduced Willie last. He got a really nice ovation. I thought it could have been better, but you know how it is in Gillette. It never sounds as loud as it really is for some reason.

Surprised they didnt show it on TV.

Im glad the introduced Willie last. He got a really nice ovation. I thought it could have been better, but you know how it is in Gillette. It never sounds as loud as it really is for some reason.

Surprised they didnt show it on TV.

Don't forget - they do the introductions about 10 min before kickoffs and stands are only about 75% full.

I agree though, from watching replays at home - it never sounds as loud on TV as it really is.

Don't forget - they do the introductions about 10 min before kickoffs and stands are only about 75% full.

I agree though, from watching replays at home - it never sounds as loud on TV as it really is.

I thought the ovation given Willie was very strong, could it have been stronger? I guess, but it was definitely noticable and btw louder than the ovation they gave to the new army/national guard inductees who IMHO are doing something much more worthy.

Very classy touch introducing Willie last among the Browns' D. He got a huge ovation and acknowledged it immediately trotting toward the bench with his hand raised and waving to the crowd. Very nice job all around.

Good small article on Willie in the Cantonrep.com this am.

http://www.cantonrep.com/index.php?Category=17&ID=380108&r=6&subCategoryID=26

He's Brown enough that his teammates elected him a captain. But it was clear after the game that the Patriots have not left his blood. Someone had the gall to suggest Pittsburgh might have as many offensive weapons as the Patriots.

"Pittsburgh's not even on the same level as the Patriots," McGinest sniffed. "You put those weapons around a guy like Brady ... "

for those interested in post game handshakes

0d218a2a-5713-4a71-a1a1-7bd3bfb6ee17.jpg

1c3f917c-b9b3-4317-bd73-da08a2825591.jpg

Last edited:

At the game I saw BB and Willie embrace briefly on the field, it was a good thing to see. Boy, he sure looks older in this photo! I hope he's not too bitter about leaving here; it still doesn't make sense to me that he's gone. You could tell Willie's heart was still with the Pats when he got pissed about Seau wearing No. 55 in a Patriots uniform.

I laugh whenever I see BB's outfit.

After the game, a bunch of people stayed in the stands surrounding the visiting locker room tunnel and gave Willie some love when he was leaving the field.

it was good the ovation for both of them !

Willie Mc Ginest was one of my favourite players

BB always looks so uncomfortable giving hugs to guys. I think he might be a homophobe. lol- :D

I was at the game, and we went down and cheered Big Mac after the game, on his way off the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down